PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Sweet Katherine

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:cSEM7A_Ur8Hc2M:http://nwitimes.com/blogs/potempa/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/katie_couric-737405.jpg

Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric saved the voters of the United States from a devastating mistake and I’d like to personally thank her for doing here job as a first class journalist.

Above and beyond the call of duty, girl. Your interview(s) with Sarah Palin were, to the un-blinded, historical and kept my country from possibly turning the keys to the White House over to someone with the depth of a cat’s milk saucer. You let her shoot holes in her own boat and your wit showed us how without professional substance the Alaskan governor truly is.

I can only think that Walter is supremely proud of you and the clarity you brought once again to CBS.

Again, Thank You.

BadCat
11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:cSEM7A_Ur8Hc2M:http://nwitimes.com/blogs/potempa/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/katie_couric-737405.jpg

Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric saved the voters of the United States from a devastating mistake and I’d like to personally thank her for doing here job as a first class journalist.

Above and beyond the call of duty, girl. Your interview(s) with Sarah Palin were, to the un-blinded, historical and kept my country from possibly turning the keys to the White House over to someone with the depth of a cat’s milk saucer. You let her shoot holes in her own boat and your wit showed us how without professional substance the Alaskan governor truly is.

I can only think that Walter is supremely proud of you and the clarity you brought once again to CBS.

Again, Thank You.

Eat shit and die, retread.

Phillygirl
11-11-2008, 11:31 AM
You're joking, right?

BadCat
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
You're joking, right?

He's not and I'm not.

patriot45
11-11-2008, 11:34 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/images-8.jpg

Cold Warrior
11-11-2008, 11:37 AM
You're joking, right?

While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office. I've asked this question before and never received a satisfactory answer. Which of Couric's questions do you (generic) feel were "unfair?" It was clear and fair that she would ask about the economic bailout which Palin transformed into Tina Fey's ticket to fame. Nothing surprising or unfair about the Supreme Court question, correct?

While people may say that Couric's "body language" was such that it revealed her dislike of Palin (and that may be true), Palin impaled herself with her completely inept answers to a set of fair, impartial, and expected questions.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 11:40 AM
While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office.

:eek::eek::eek: (shock and dismay);)

zBoots
11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
That should scare you, that you think only thing that saved you was interviews with the VP candidate.

With the GOP President at around 30%, economy tanking, and an unpopular war; Not to mention McCain; your messiah was put into power based on interviews with Palin.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
That should scare you, that you think only thing that saved you was interviews with the VP candidate.

Please show us all the word "only' in my original statement.:rolleyes:

McCain is war hero. You can’t really attack a war hero.

He’s old. You can only hint about him being old.

He voted with "W" 90% of the time - you can only use that so far.

But his choice of Palin was the Goose that laid the Golden Egg. :D

Cold Warrior
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM

With the GOP President at around 30%, economy tanking, and an unpopular war; Not to mention McCain; your messiah was put into power based on interviews with Palin.

No, with the financial crisis, McCain would have probably lost no matter whom he chose as a VP. However, pollls immediately before the election showed that Palin was probably costing him around 2% of the vote. The interviews referenced in the OP certainly contributed to that.

zBoots
11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
You're joking, right?

I think he is trying to prove that malevolent irrationality is not just for the elite anymore. The messiah has brought it within the reach of even the lower class.

zBoots
11-11-2008, 11:58 AM
No, with the financial crisis, McCain would have probably lost no matter whom he chose as a VP. However, pollls immediately before the election showed that Palin was probably costing him around 2% of the vote. The interviews referenced in the OP certainly contributed to that.

With that financial crisis, the magic negro should have been able to pull off an Reagan type landslide, but McCain was able to stay close. Very close.

jazztech
11-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I prefer my presidents elected by the people, with full knowledge of who that person is and what they stand for, not chosen for me by , and protected by, a mob (MSM) with vested interest in future reward, and not selected by people willing to sell their birthright of freedom for a couple thousand in tax breaks. If you think this man was the right choice to lead us you've got a few rivets loose.

BadCat
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
So "they" say that Sarah cost McLame 2%?

Why do they fail to mention that she probably got him about 35%?

Cold Warrior
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM

I think "they" were ARG. The poll was run with two votes: (1) if you could vote for either Obama or McCain separate from their VP and (2) if you could vote for the Obama/Biden McCain/Palin ticket. The results showed the 2% difference between scenarios (1) and (2).

BadCat
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I think "they" were ARG. The poll was run with two votes: (1) if you could vote for either Obama or McCain separate from their VP and (2) if you could vote for the Obama/Biden McCain/Palin ticket. The results showed the 2% difference between scenarios (1) and (2).

It still fails to mention the fact that she brought him far more votes than she cost him.

Odysseus
11-11-2008, 12:42 PM
While LP's being a bit hyperbolic here, Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office. I've asked this question before and never received a satisfactory answer. Which of Couric's questions do you (generic) feel were "unfair?" It was clear and fair that she would ask about the economic bailout which Palin transformed into Tina Fey's ticket to fame. Nothing surprising or unfair about the Supreme Court question, correct?

While people may say that Couric's "body language" was such that it revealed her dislike of Palin (and that may be true), Palin impaled herself with her completely inept answers to a set of fair, impartial, and expected questions.
Yeah, it's easy to make someone look unready for national office when you edit the interview to eliminate intelligent responses (http://patterico.com/2008/09/25/cbs-has-horrible-transcript-of-palin-interview/). Think that Couric would've done the same to Biden, who is far less ready? And while you're at it, why not mention how ABC edited out her responses (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/13/abc-news-edited-out-key-parts-sarah-palin-interview)to Charlie Gibson to make her seem clueless? You're celebrating the worst kind of media bias.

Please show us all the word "only' in my original statement.:rolleyes:

McCain is war hero. You can’t really attack a war hero.
And yet, they did. Remember Wesley Clark's attack on his record (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/politics/politico/main4218172.shtml)? Or this Huffington Post hatchet job (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-klein/mccains-secret-questionab_b_107409.html)?

He’s old. You can only hint about him being old.
Yeah, it's not like Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/id/105554)would have questioned his age, or CBS news (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/25/politics/main2397926.shtml). And don't get me started on the late night comics, those bastions of propriety who would never, ever make a joke at the expense of McCain's age. Never...:rolleyes:

He voted with "W" 90% of the time - you can only use that so far.
Yeah, like in every other answer during the debates.

But his choice of Palin was the Goose that laid the Golden Egg. :D
Of course it was. How could McCain present a sitting governor and former mayor as a viable candidate for vice president? What were her qualifications compared to the top of the Democratic ticket? The man had been a community organizer, for goshsakes! That's an awesome responsibility! And those 130 "present" votes in the Illinois legislature just demonstrate how tough that job really is. And don't get me started about his almost two years in the senate. The man is a dynamo, I tell you! :rolleyes:

For the same reason that he fails to mention everything that I pointed out above. Liberals aren't content with victory, they have to destroy their enemies.

Cold Warrior
11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it's easy to make someone look unready for national office when you edit the interview to eliminate intelligent responses (http://patterico.com/2008/09/25/cbs-has-horrible-transcript-of-palin-interview/). Think that Couric would've done the same to Biden, who is far less ready? And while you're at it, why not mention how ABC edited out her responses (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/13/abc-news-edited-out-key-parts-sarah-palin-interview)to Charlie Gibson to make her seem clueless? You're celebrating the worst kind of media bias.

I went to your Couric source and they edited out one phrase and mis-transcribed one word, "ill" vs "all." The edit really doesn't change the total ineptitude of her answer to that question (as even your source indirectly admits).

Also, the refernced article, just like many here, states that Couric asked Palin "gotcha" questions which she wouldn't have asked Biden (for example). I ask again, which of her questions were "gotcha" questions, i.e., questions that should not have been asked of a VP candidate? I've asked that same question here since the Couric interview and received no response.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Of course it was. How could McCain present a sitting governor and former mayor as a viable candidate for vice president? What were her qualifications compared to the top of the Democratic ticket? The man had been a community organizer, for goshsakes! That's an awesome responsibility!

Well, apparently Major - since the previous DNC, where he was asked to speak, quite a bit. He focused his machine on areas and communities that needed to get the Democratic vote out and was able to switch resources and allocate them where he was falling behind.

You as a military man can surely understand that logic.

His party and its organization were able to react quickly and move in artillery behind the enemy, making them look like Saddam’s forces in Gulf I. Again - McCain’s strategy in this last election is doomed to become a museum piece of a lost campaign.

Odysseus
11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, apparently Major - since the previous DNC, where he was asked to speak, quite a bit. He focused his machine on areas and communities that needed to get the Democratic vote out and was able to switch resources and allocate them where he was falling behind.

You as a military man can surely understand that logic.

His party and its organization were able to react quickly and move in artillery behind the enemy, making them look like Saddam’s forces in Gulf I. Again - McCain’s strategy in this last election is doomed to become a museum piece of a lost campaign.

Obama's machine enjoyed a 5:1 finance advantage, the complete submission of the mainstream media, a financial crisis that destroyed support for the incumbent party and a meltdown of congressional Republicans two years earlier and he eked out a 5% lead in the national vote. With that kind of wind at his back, he should have had a double-digit lead. His campaign won in spite of his leadership, not because of it, and McCain ran what was probably the best possible campaign under the circumstances.

megimoo
11-11-2008, 01:53 PM

And yet, they did. Remember Wesley Clark's attack on his record (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/politics/politico/main4218172.shtml)? Or this Huffington Post hatchet job (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-klein/mccains-secret-questionab_b_107409.html)?

Yeah, it's not like Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/id/105554)would have questioned his age, or CBS news (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/25/politics/main2397926.shtml). And don't get me started on the late night comics, those bastions of propriety who would never, ever make a joke at the expense of McCain's age. Never...:rolleyes:

Yeah, like in every other answer during the debates.

Of course it was. How could McCain present a sitting governor and former mayor as a viable candidate for vice president? What were her qualifications compared to the top of the Democratic ticket? The man had been a community organizer, for goshsakes! That's an awesome responsibility! And those 130 "present" votes in the Illinois legislature just demonstrate how tough that job really is. And don't get me started about his almost two years in the senate. The man is a dynamo, I tell you! :rolleyes:

For the same reason that he fails to mention everything that I pointed out above. Liberals aren't content with victory, they have to destroy their enemies.
The reason is that they, all Progressives, fear Sarah in the next election and they are trying their damnest to bury her is a shower of false liberal Bull Sh*T .

She is a tough cookie and will learn the ropes and will run stronger and smarter than ever.She puts an end to any of Hillary's hopes for the White House and already has some national acceptance as a viable presidential candidate.

Her record is clean despite the carp they tried to smear her with and she has exposed a whole pile of underground progressive liberals in the media and public eye in the process.They will be battling her again in the next cycle when the Boy Blunder screws up America so badly there won't be much left,if we can survive him ?

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 02:00 PM
The reason is that they, all Progressives, fear Sarah in the next election and they are trying their damnest to bury her is a shower of false liberal Bull Sh*T.

I don’t fear the governor. What I fear is a person that could end up in the greatest seat of power on the planet and being the equivalent of a dingy in the middle of a storm driven ocean. If you can’t even equate to fifth grader’s knowledge of the world’s land masses that's a hell of a lot more frightening than the first black president.

patriot45
11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I don’t fear the governor. What I fear is a person that could end up in the greatest seat of power on the planet and being the equivalent of a dingy in the middle of a storm driven ocean. If you can’t even equate to fifth grader’s knowledge of the world’s land masses that's a hell of a lot more frightening than the first black president.

You can honestly say you don't fear Biden having that seat of power? What is his knowledge? He does not come across as too bright!
And the top dog, Obama has no qualifications at ALL to be in that seat of power you are so worried about.
Governors have become presidents before. Ths is a first, a community organizer!!! You should be terrified.

Using your analogy, they are like a rubber ducky in a storm!

At least McCain and Palin would have had American interests at heart.

Odysseus
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM

Nobody here is frightened by Obama's fleshtone, and trying to make this into a racial issue is beneath even you. If you want make the claim that you want the person in the White House to have a greater knowledge of geography than a fifth grader, then perhaps you can tell us just how many of the 50 states Obama said that he'd visited during the campaign?

I'll give you a hint, it's more than 50.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
At least McCain and Palin would have had American interests at heart.

It’s a great deal more likely Biden will croak before Obama. That couldn’t be said for the Republican side.;)

BadCat
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Nobody here is frightened by Obama's fleshtone, and trying to make this into a racial issue is beneath even you. If you want make the claim that you want the person in the White House to have a greater knowledge of geography than a fifth grader, then perhaps you can tell us just how many of the 50 states Obama said that he'd visited during the campaign?

I'll give you a hint, it's more than 50.

Now there ARE 57 Islamic states. He was just showing his true colours.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/obama_camel.jpg

Phillygirl
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM

I disagree that the Couric interview "enlightened" many. Intead, I believe it gave plausible cover for those that would reject her anyway. I know of nobody that honestly changed their vote from one of support for McCain, to support of Obama because of Palin. Couric did not attempt to report the news about Palin through that interview, she and her producers instead attempted to create news.

biccat
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
:eek::eek::eek: (shock and dismay);)
I suppose it's better than your cover homoerotic "oh snap"

I feel we're making some headway on this. Maybe LP will someday be willing to admit he pulled the lever for Obama to spite the troops he claims to support.

Zathras
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
What I fear is a person that could end up in the greatest seat of power on the planet and being the equivalent of a dingy in the middle of a storm driven ocean.

Well, guess what LP...your fear is about to come true on January 20, 2009.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I feel we're making some headway on this. Maybe LP will someday be willing to admit he pulled the lever for Obama to spite the troops he claims to support.

You have made this same accusation dozens of times previously and as many times I have said I voted for John McCain in the 2008 presidential race - out of a sense of loyalty to my deceased father, an MCPO with the USN, that happened to serve with said candidate.

If you wish to continue shitting on the memory of Chief Duffy - do so at the risk of offending others in this forum serving presently and veterans that have served. He served your country for well over 306,000 hours and if you want to take a shit on that - feel free to do so. He paid for your privilege to do so. I honored my commitment to place a vote for him and if you refuse to believe that - then you’re much smaller piece of shit than you think.

Remember what day it is - biccat.

BadCat
11-11-2008, 04:01 PM
You have made this same accusation dozens of times previously and as many times I have said I voted for John McCain in the 2008 presidential race - out of a sense of loyalty to my deceased father, an MCPO with the USN, that happened to serve with said candidate.

If you wish to continue shitting on the memory of Chief Duffy - do so at the risk of offending others in this forum serving presently and veterans that have served. He served your country for well over 306,000 hours and if you want to take a shit on that - feel free to do so. He paid for your privilege to do so. I honored my commitment to place a vote for him and if you refuse to believe that - then you’re much smaller piece of shit than you think.

Don't give us that line of crap, DARWINSFRIEND. You and your "daddy" are the same person on the internet. Your "colorful" stories about the "Chief" are a big sack of lying crap, just like you. Work on the rail gun...smoke pot...run a business...inherited your dead daddy's writing style...the lies never stop with you.

You are a real piece of shit.

Cold Warrior
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I disagree that the Couric interview "enlightened" many. Intead, I believe it gave plausible cover for those that would reject her anyway.

Interesting perspective. Perhaps. I certainly didn't like her position on things like abortion, same sex marriage, creationism, abstinence-only education, so maybe you're correct in that her completely inept answers gave me a justification. However, that doesn't negate the fact that, based upon the quality of her answers, it is a valid justification.

I know of nobody that honestly changed their vote from one of support for McCain, to support of Obama because of Palin.

Well, you "know" me and I'm half way there. I was one of the early McCain supporters on this board when others were backing the Minister or Dead Fred. His pick of Palin convinced me that he had sold out every principle he had, every humiliation he had received from the very people he was selling out to, every last shred of honor he ever had. While I couldn't vote for Obama, I did not vote for McCain, as I was intending to.

Couric did not attempt to report the news about Palin through that interview, she and her producers instead attempted to create news.

Again, I would ask you or anyone on this board to quote the question Couric asked that was unfair to Palin.

Phillygirl
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Interesting perspective. Perhaps. I certainly didn't like her position on things like abortion, same sex marriage, creationism, abstinence-only education, so maybe you're correct in that her completely inept answers gave me a justification. However, that doesn't negate the fact that, based upon the quality of her answers, it is a valid justification.
I'm not following you completely. Ms.Palin's positions on the above are no different than McCain's. Were her answers indicative of someone who has spent the last two years preparing for just such an interview? No. Does that mean she's incapable or stupid? No. Simply unsophisticated at this stage of her political career.

Well, you "know" me and I'm half way there. I was one of the early McCain supporters on this board when others were backing the Minister or Dead Fred. His pick of Palin convinced me that he had sold out every principle he had, every humiliation he had received from the very people he was selling out to, every last shred of honor he ever had. While I couldn't vote for Obama, I did not vote for McCain, as I was intending to.
Interesting. He picked someone who was a newcomer to the national scene, but whose core values presumably matched his. I don't see how that is a sellout.

Again, I would ask you or anyone on this board to quote the question Couric asked that was unfair to Palin.
Maybe later. I would need to re-read the transcript. For now I've got other pressing matters. :)

JB
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
...You're not even trying anymore.

Dumbest thread ever on CU.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
You're not even trying anymore.

Dumbest thread ever on CU.

http://jrppkt.tripod.com/agrlphps.gif

Molon Labe
11-11-2008, 06:11 PM

My wish: That Tim Russert had lived and been able to interview Obama with the same scrutiny Katie gave Palin. He' ripped up his fair share of politicians inthe day. Me thinks we would have seen that the emperor had no clothes....

Cold Warrior
11-11-2008, 06:19 PM
My wish: That Tim Russert had lived and been able to interview Obama with the same scrutiny Katie gave Palin. He' ripped up his fair share of politicians inthe day. Me thinks we would have seen that the emperor had no clothes....

Again, I don't have any problem in general with what you're saying. I just don't see how Couric "ripped" Palin. Was she not supposed to ask her about the economic bailout? Was the foreign policy question a surprise? How about Supreme Court decisions, since Palin has made a position of opposing Roe v Wade? The "what newspapers do you read" question I thought trivial, but it's been asked of D's and R's before.

SPECIFICALLY, WHICH QUESTION THAT COURIC ASKED (OR EVEN COMBINATION OF QUESTIONS) WAS UNFAIR? HOW DID THE EVIL LIBRUL MEDIA TAKE ADVANTAGE OF POOR SWEET SARAH IN THE COURIC INTERVIEW?????

Maybe she should have asked regarding her recipe for Moose Chili?

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 06:28 PM

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:HG5NcD3uLI4J:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10909406/+Tim+Russert+Obama+interview&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Transcript for January 22
Barack Obama, James Carville, Paul Begala & Mary Matalin

BadCat
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:HG5NcD3uLI4J:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10909406/+Tim+Russert+Obama+interview&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I don't click on your links M.G., what does it say?

JB
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
CW, when you have LP as your lapdog...you have not chosen wisely.

;)

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10909406/

BadCat
11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10909406/

Or do you prefer to be called "MacAttack"?

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Or do you prefer to be called "MacAttack"?

Only at www.senortuna.com and 67-72chevytrucks.com ;)

Molon Labe
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM

Well...I stand corrected that Russert at least spoke with him...
It's too bad it was in 06' when no one cared. As the Dem presidential nominee there would have been more scrutiny.
I'm no Palin fanboy either... You choices are someone who is essentially a good but ignorant person or aa 30 year entrenched elitist loudmouth whose only "experience" is spending other peoples money. Her lack of experience translated into a VP position. What the democrats chose as their POTUS nominee was an enigma of ignorance simply cloaked in a law degree. I don't make any distinction......ignorance is ignorance.
As we speak Obama's looking more and more about what the Dems voted against. We'll get what we deserve.

jeskibuff
11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Couric's interview with Palin did enlighten a lot of people as to her complete "unreadiness" for national office.Sarah probably would've given an equally "unready for office" interview prior to her election for Mayor of Wasilla, and again prior to her election for Governor. The remarkable thing about Palin is that on both counts, she got up to speed quickly and precipitated remarkable positive change for the good of her citizenry. I can easily disregard a clumsy interview, especially when I know it's probably being edited for maximum negativity by her detractors. Her record is what speaks volumes. Obama may give great interviews, but his record (or lack thereof) is tragically devoid of any accomplishments.

People with your inability to see past the superficial to real substance is why Obummer won and our nation made the gravest of errors in our 230-some years of election history. Thanks to your lack of intelligence, we won't be seeing the return of prosperity for a long time, if ever!

JB
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I can easily disregard a clumsy interview, especially when I know it's probably being edited for maximum negativity by her detractors. Her record is what speaks volumes. Obama may give great interviews, but his record (or lack thereof) is tragically devoid of any accomplishments.Well done.

+1

Odysseus
11-12-2008, 12:22 PM

We're not questioning your father's service, just your integrity.

Again, I don't have any problem in general with what you're saying. I just don't see how Couric "ripped" Palin. Was she not supposed to ask her about the economic bailout? Was the foreign policy question a surprise? How about Supreme Court decisions, since Palin has made a position of opposing Roe v Wade? The "what newspapers do you read" question I thought trivial, but it's been asked of D's and R's before.

SPECIFICALLY, WHICH QUESTION THAT COURIC ASKED (OR EVEN COMBINATION OF QUESTIONS) WAS UNFAIR? HOW DID THE EVIL LIBRUL MEDIA TAKE ADVANTAGE OF POOR SWEET SARAH IN THE COURIC INTERVIEW?????

Maybe she should have asked regarding her recipe for Moose Chili?
The issue is not what was asked, it was how the answers were edited after the fact in order to make her appear clueless. For example, the following exchanges were removed from the final Couric interview:

(2:58) Couric: What, specifically, in your view, could be done to convince the new government in Pakistan to take a harder, tougher line against terrorists in that country?

Palin: At a time when new leadership comes in, that is the opportunity to forge better, tighter, more productive relationships and that’s what we’ll take advantage of with new leadership in the US and in Pakistan. And I’m sure that President Zardari, too, will agree with us as we commit to the support that Pakistan needs, that other nations in the region need, in order to win this war on terrorism. (3:32)

(5:39) Couric: But what lessons do you think you have learned as you’ve watched this unfold in terms of implementing the democracy and the challenges inherent in that goal?

Palin: Well, one is that America cannot be counted on to do this solely, to be the savior of every other nation, but we need friends and we need allies and we need this nation-building effort and we need to forge new alliances, and that is what a new election will provide opportunity to do.

Couric: What happened if the goal of democracy, Governor Palin, doesn’t produce the desired outcome, for example in Gaza, the US pushed hard for elections and Hamas won.

Palin: Especially in that region, though, we have got to protect those and support those who do seek democracy and do seek protections for the people who live there. And you know, we’re seeing today, in the last couple of days here in New York, a speaker, a President of Iran, Ahmadinejad, who would come on our soil and express such disdain for one of our closest allies and friends—Israel—and we’re hearing the evil that he speaks. And if hearing him doesn’t allow Americans to commit more solidly to protecting the friends and allies that we need, expecially there in the Mideast, then nothing will.

If Americans are not waking up to understand what it is that he represents, then nothing is going to wake us up and we will be lulled into some kind of false sense of security that perhaps Americans were a part of before 9/11.(7:25)

Nice, concise, intelligent answers, but for some reason, they didn't make it into the final cut. Then, of course, there is the ABC interview, which was even more blatantly distorted through editing. The cut parts are in bold:

GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

PALIN: There in the state of Alaska, our international trade activities bring in many leaders of other countries.

GIBSON: And all governors deal with trade delegations.

PALIN: Right.

GIBSON: Who act at the behest of their governments.

PALIN: Right, right.

GIBSON: I’m talking about somebody who’s a head of state, who can negotiate for that country. Ever met one?

PALIN: I have not and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you. But, Charlie, again, we’ve got to remember what the desire is in this nation at this time. It is for no more politics as usual and somebody’s big, fat resume maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment, where, yes, they’ve had opportunities to meet heads of state … these last couple of weeks … it has been overwhelming to me that confirmation of the message that Americans are getting sick and tired of that self-dealing and kind of that closed door, good old boy network that has been the Washington elite
By cutting out her answer, Gibson turned an affirmative response into a negative one. That's completely dishonest.
And:

GIBSON: Let’s start, because we are near Russia, let’s start with Russia and Georgia.

The administration has said we’ve got to maintain the territorial integrity of Georgia. Do you believe the United States should try to restore Georgian sovereignty over South Ossetia and Abkhazia?

PALIN: First off, we’re going to continue good relations with Saakashvili there. I was able to speak with him the other day and giving him my commitment, as John McCain’s running mate, that we will be committed to Georgia. And we’ve got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable and we have to keep…

GIBSON: You believe unprovoked.

PALIN: I do believe unprovoked and we have got to keep our eyes on Russia, under the leadership there. I think it was unfortunate. That manifestation that we saw with that invasion of Georgia shows us some steps backwards that Russia has recently taken away from the race toward a more democratic nation with democratic ideals. That’s why we have to keep an eye on Russia.

And, Charlie, you’re in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They’re very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they’re doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it’s in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

We cannot repeat the Cold War. We are thankful that, under Reagan, we won the Cold War, without a shot fired, also. We’ve learned lessons from that in our relationship with Russia, previously the Soviet Union.

We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it’s in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.
Again, lucid, clear answers that were cut to remove any indication that Palin understood the issues and saw more subtle nuances than simply "living next door" to Russia, which became the liberal talking point.