PDA

View Full Version : Ancient 4,300-year-old pyramid discovered in Egypt

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Nov 11 11:08 AM US/Eastern

A 4,300-year-old pyramid has been discovered at the Saqqara necropolis outside Cairo, Egypt's culture minister said on Tuesday.

Faruq Hosni made the announcement at a press conference in Saqqara, an ancient burial ground which dates back to 2,700 BC and is dominated by the massive bulk of King Zoser's step pyramid, the first ever built.

Husni said the pyramid, five metres (16 foot) tall, is believed to have been 15 metres tall when it was first built for Queen Sesheshet, the mother of King Teti who founded the 6th Dynasty of Egypt's Old Kingdom.

The pyramid's base was discovered "20 metres below the sands and a doorway for the burial place was also discovered," Hosni said, adding that it seems thieves had looted the pyramid.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=081111150816.6zxs7lkq&show_article=1

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
2,700BC - 4,004BC = 1,304 years for the world to be created, destroyed by a global flood, the world to be repopulated by animals and man and then this structure to be built? Oooookay.;)

FlaGator
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
2,700BC - 4,004BC = 1,304 years for the world to be created, destroyed by a global flood, the world to be repopulated by animals and man and then this structure to be built? Oooookay.;)

Obviously it was buried by silt from the great flood that is why a huge pyramid would need to be dug up.

LogansPapa
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Obviously it was buried by silt from the great flood that is why a huge pyramid would need to be dug up.

Obviously. :p

jinxmchue
11-12-2008, 11:36 AM

Once again, go fuck yourself. Why does every liberal atheist asshole have to try to bash Christianity with stories like this?

wilbur
11-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Once again, go fuck yourself. Why does every liberal atheist asshole have to try to bash Christianity with stories like this?

Bashing biblical literalism isnt the same as bashing Christianity.... although the Biblical literalists seem to think it is... just one more example of the narrow, shallow, child-like thinking which seems to be so typical among them.

And really... there isnt much to do about biblical literalism except to bash it and ridicule it. One can show some deeply indoctrinated astrologer that their beliefs are a ridiculous farce... but what do you do when they continue to believe no matter how effectively they are disproved? One might be content to leave them alone... but what if many of them make it a point to interject their ideas where they don't belong (with troubling aggressiveness), and cry persecution when they are rejected?

Biblical literalism, including creationism, the flood story etc etc are some of the most vetted, debunked, completely dismantled, and utterly factually destroyed religious ideas the world has ever seen... there arent enough adjectives to properly convey the magnitude with which they have been dismantled... The kind of thinking that allows it to persist should be met with contempt. Taboo's are one of the favorites of moral crusaders to keep society behaving properly... what we need a taboo against the magical thinking that allows things like biblical literalism to thrive. So ridiculing creationism or any other theory of biblical literalism (or otherwise doing your part to help create a hostile, intolerant environment for such stupidity) is a commendable deed... this is a last resort mind you.... but all the preferable other options (like reasoned discourse) have simply been exhausted already.

AmPat
11-13-2008, 04:08 AM
This rant reminded me of LIBERALISM so I took some literary license with your post. :cool:

Bashing Liberalism isnt the same as bashing DIMocRATS.... although the DIMocRATS seem to think it is... just one more example of the narrow, shallow, child-like thinking which seems to be so typical among them.

And really... there isnt much to do aboutl liberalism except to bash it and ridicule it. One can show some deeply indoctrinated astrologer that their beliefs are a ridiculous farce... but what do you do when they continue to believe no matter how effectively they are disproved? One might be content to leave them alone... but what if many of them make it a point to interject their ideas where they don't belong (with troubling aggressiveness), and cry persecution when they are rejected?

Liberalism, including evolution, the Big bang story, embryonic stem cells, etc etc are some of the most vetted, debunked, completely dismantled, and utterly factually destroyed scientific and sociological ideas the world has ever seen... there arent enough adjectives to properly convey the magnitude with which they have been dismantled... The kind of thinking that allows it to persist should be met with contempt. Invoking Scientific Theories as FACTS are one of the favorites of immoral crusader scientists to keep society from believing in God.... what we need a taboo against the magical thinking that allows things like liberalism to thrive. So ridiculing liberalism or any other pet, debunked theory of evolutionary theory (or otherwise doing your part to help create a hostile, intolerant environment for such stupidity) is a commendable deed... this is a last resort mind you.... but all the preferable other options (like reasoned discourse) have simply been exhausted already.

Celtic Rose
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
This rant reminded me of LIBERALISM so I took some literary license with your post. :cool:

Nicely done :)

FlaGator
11-13-2008, 11:10 AM

Here, here!

wilbur
11-13-2008, 11:26 AM

I might have been offended, if I were a liberal... but you were doing fine until you got to this point:

Liberalism, including evolution, the Big bang story, embryonic stem cells, etc etc are some of the most vetted, debunked, completely dismantled, and utterly factually destroyed scientific and sociological ideas the world has ever seen...

None of those are liberal in any way what-so-ever.... its really a shame you have been convinced that they are, because nothing could be further from the truth.

Big bang theory is also used (poorly) by many creationists and Christian apologists as proof for the whole 'creatio ex nihilo' thing too... so I'm not sure why you threw that in there.

there arent enough adjectives to properly convey the magnitude with which they have been dismantled... The kind of thinking that allows it to persist should be met with contempt. Invoking Scientific Theories as FACTS are one of the favorites of immoral crusader scientists to keep society from believing in God....

This is part of the 'crying persecution' I mentioned above, although I should have added in conspiracy theorizing in there as well.... to such absurd degrees that they make 9/11 truthers look sane.

FlaGator
11-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Big bang theory is also used (poorly) by many creationists and Christian apologists as proof for the whole 'creatio ex nihilo' thing too... so I'm not sure why you threw that in there.

At the time many thought the big bang was the death of atheism. Before the validation of the big bang atheists had adapted the infinite state of the universe (dispite the fact that an infinite state is a logical and mathematical impossibility) as proof that there was not need for a creator. Then when the believers of most all religions cited it as proof of a creation instance, atheists decided to join the bandwagon but adapted the big bang as proof that there was not need for a creator. Interesting spin. How do you see the big bang and who are what caused it?

wilbur
11-13-2008, 05:34 PM
At the time many thought the big bang was the death of atheism. Before the validation of the big bang atheists had adapted the infinite state of the universe (dispite the fact that an infinite state is a logical and mathematical impossibility) as proof that there was not need for a creator. Then when the believers of most all religions cited it as proof of a creation instance, atheists decided to join the bandwagon but adapted the big bang as proof that there was not need for a creator. Interesting spin. How do you see the big bang and who are what caused it?

I really withhold any opinion on the big bang, what caused it, and what preceded it since I simply don't know. Most theories and hypotheses that deal with such ideas are extremely tentative I think it can be said with confidence that nobody really knows.

AmPat
11-13-2008, 06:10 PM
It's a loooong hanging PUNT!:cool::eek: