PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis: ‘Hypocritical to Call Oneself Christian and Send Away a Refugee’

Banacek
10-15-2016, 03:32 PM
In powerful language, Pope Francis said Thursday that Jesus abhors hypocrisy and it is hypocritical to call oneself a Christian and at the same time not be welcoming to refugees, even if they belong to a different religion.

Hypocrisy is “the sin that Jesus condemns most,” Francis told a group of some 1,000 Lutherans gathered in Paul VI Hall in Vatican City. The Pope told the group, on ecumenical pilgrimage to Rome, that a person cannot be a Christian without living as a Christian.

“It is a hypocritical call oneself a Christian and send away a refugee, or one who needs my help. Jesus taught us who the good Christian is in the parable of the good Samaritan,” he said

Hypocrisy is “the sin that Jesus condemns most,” I think he should lead by example !

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/10/14/pope-francis-hypocritical-call-oneself-christian-send-away-refugee/

Dlr Pyro
10-15-2016, 03:43 PM
How many refugees have been allowed to enter and reside in Vatican City?

FourWinds
10-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Dear Holiness.

Kiss my ass.

Sincerely, A Jew.

3rd-try
10-15-2016, 05:14 PM
How many refugees have been allowed to enter and reside in Vatican City?
Yep, he talked trash about building a wall too. But, Vatican city has a nice thick and tall one.

Retread
10-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Dear Pope: It is a hypocritical call oneself a Catholic and vote for or otherwise support any progressive or liberal or democrat or anyone else that supports abortion.

SaintLouieWoman
10-16-2016, 12:20 AM
Years ago saw an exhibit at the St Louis Art Museum---Treasures of the Vatican. It was a never to forget exhibit of gold, jewels, lavish wealth.

At the time I commented to a friend that i thought it would be best to sell some of that to help the poor, but almost certain that it's all still at the Vatican.

Sometimes actions speak louder than pious words.

cadillac shark
10-16-2016, 12:59 AM
psssst... Your Eminency.. Isn't it a good idea to make 'em prove they're a refugee first?