PDA

View Full Version : The Al Smith Dinner

cadillac shark
10-20-2016, 11:42 PM
I don't get it. And neither do the social networks.

It was absolutely horrible timing for Cardinal Dolan to host this right now... bringing hillary and Trump together with the New York elite on behalf of the Archdiocese's childrens charities.

It projects the illusion that that the 2016 election-campaigns are all an act. -Course we know it's not an act as the candidates read comedy-scripts, while both audience camps are scowling and seething with raw anger.

It was disgustingly nasty, some of the 'roasts' clinton and Trump hurled at each-other.

So we're left with His Eminence coming-off as the world's most phoniest Catholic. A shmoozer... the kind of putz you try to avoid at banquets.

Honey, write the check and let's get the hell outta here...

You could tell Donald & Melania didn't want to be there. Rudy Giuliani was boiling-mad throughout. Hillary wore a pink gown, but my eyes still saw 'pantsuit'. I couldn't tell if she was glad to be there or not.

I even found myself getting pissed at 'the children' needing this kind of charity-event. That's how awful it was.

patriot45
10-20-2016, 11:48 PM
I thought it was gonna be an Alfred E. Neuman dinner! Woulda been better!:biggrin-new:

cadillac shark
10-21-2016, 07:25 AM
I thought it was gonna be an Alfred E. Neuman dinner! Woulda been better!:biggrin-new:

It actually did generate a Mad Magazine page-turning 'flow'.

Somebody's gotta explain what roasts are, to the younger generation.

cadillac shark
10-21-2016, 08:33 AM
I knew there was something else that bothered me to-the-core about it:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/al_smith_dinner_cardinal_dolan_fails_to_speak_agai nst_abortion.html

it was disturbing to see Timothy Cardinal Dolan laughing and joking with Hillary Clinton less than twenty-four hours after Hillary announced she supports abortion up to the moment of birth. Worse, when he spoke at the end, he made a vague oblique reference to the life of the unborn when he said some of the money raised would help poor women give birth.

As a practicing Catholic, having attended Catholic grade and high school, I am offended that Cardinal Dolan put the politics of the dinner ahead of speaking on behalf of the unborn. This was the time and place to speak for the unborn instead of joking around with Hillary, supporter of late-term abortions.

linda22003
10-21-2016, 08:50 AM
I knew there was something else that bothered me to-the-core about it:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/al_smith_dinner_cardinal_dolan_fails_to_speak_agai nst_abortion.html

it was disturbing to see Timothy Cardinal Dolan laughing and joking with Hillary Clinton less than twenty-four hours after Hillary announced she supports abortion up to the moment of birth. Worse, when he spoke at the end, he made a vague oblique reference to the life of the unborn when he said some of the money raised would help poor women give birth.

As a practicing Catholic, having attended Catholic grade and high school, I am offended that Cardinal Dolan put the politics of the dinner ahead of speaking on behalf of the unborn. This was the time and place to speak for the unborn instead of joking around with Hillary, supporter of late-term abortions.

The Archdiocese has actually disinvited presidential candidates before because of their stance on abortion. It's obviously not a consideration anymore.