PDA

View Full Version : Baz Luhrmann set to release fourth movie 'Australia'

jendf
11-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I have a special boxed set of his first three films, Romeo & Juliet, Moulin Rouge!, and Strictly Ballroom. I love his films. They are very flashy and fun. I think I watch Strictly Ballroom 3 or 4 times a year.

I'm looking forward to seeing his latest one, even if it does have the Botoxed-wonder Nicole Kidman. I'll be too busy taking in the eye candy that is Hugh Jackman.

Celtic Rose
11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I am really looking forward to this movie too! :D

Cold Warrior
11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I have a special boxed set of his first three films, Romeo & Juliet, Moulin Rouge!, and Strictly Ballroom. I love his films. They are very flashy and fun. I think I watch Strictly Ballroom 3 or 4 times a year.

I'm looking forward to seeing his latest one, even if it does have the Botoxed-wonder Nicole Kidman. I'll be too busy taking in the eye candy that is Hugh Jackman.

The only one I've seen is Moulin Rouge, which I liked quite a lot, particularly Ewan McGregor's performance.

Eldarwen Half-Elven
11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I might try and go see it with my boyfriend this year, if he'll let me drag him along... :D

Shannon
11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I've only seen Moulin Rouge as well. I thought I would hate it but really enjoyed it. Unlike some people, I love Nicole. I might go see it just because she is in it.:p I think I remember reading awhile ago that Russel Crowe was originally supposed to be the male lead.

jendf
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I've only seen Moulin Rouge as well. I thought I would hate it but really enjoyed it. Unlike some people, I love Nicole. I might go see it just because she is in it.:p I think I remember reading awhile ago that Russel Crowe was originally supposed to be the male lead.

I'm glad he bailed and they picked up Wolverine instead. :D

noonwitch
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I like the way he uses music in his movies, but Moulin Rouge just made me dizzy with the camera motion. Romeo+Juliet had some of that, too, but it was not as distracting.

Strictly Ballroom is a great movie.