PDA

View Full Version : Amy Schumer & Seth Rogan Dumped by Bud Light

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2016, 10:30 AM
It looks like those annoying politically slanted lib ads with Amy Schumer and Seth Rogan are going where they belong---off the air. Bud Light sales figures are going DOWN. I guess conservative beer drinkers don't exactly like seeing all the far left ads. In my humble opinion, this is the result of those "foreigners" at Inbev taking over Anheuser Busch. The more conservative based brewery formerly headquartered in the Midwest (St Louis) ran nice Clydesdale ads, not obnoxious Amy Schumer.

It shows what happens when you jam politics down the collective American throat.

Bye Bye Amy

(http://ijr.com/2016/11/725340-amy-schumer-and-bud-lite-just-learned-what-happens-when-you-cram-politics-down-americas-throat/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=afternoon-newsletter&utm_medium=owned)
This year Bud Lite, one of America's best-selling (https://www.statista.com/statistics/188723/top-domestic-beer-brands-in-the-united-states/) beer brands, decided to get involved in politics.

No, they weren't lobbying Congress, but they did hire comedians Amy Schumer and Seth Rogan to pitch the “Bud Lite Party” during one of the most heated elections in recent memory.

According to AdWeek (http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/amid-disappointing-sales-bud-light-calls-early-end-its-rogen-schumer-campaign-174341), the commercials were supposed to paint the beer company as an “inclusive, positive, and fun brand” in order to boost sales.

Except it did the opposite.

While the ads attempted to be more “inclusive,” they seemed to alienate more conservative buyers.

(http://ijr.com/2016/11/725340-amy-schumer-and-bud-lite-just-learned-what-happens-when-you-cram-politics-down-americas-throat/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=afternoon-newsletter&utm_medium=owned)

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Follow the link and see why those ads don't have a lot of appeal, other than to those that push the gay marriage, gender ID labels, etc.

The picture of Amy with her Hillary sign, with Al Franken, is frosting on the cake, so to speak. No wonder ABInbev dropped those ads. I wonder what happened to the company guy who pushed those ads?

noonwitch
11-02-2016, 11:54 AM
I like Seth Rogan, but am not really a fan of Amy Schumer. I don't like most of the younger female comedians-Schumer, Sarah Silverman, etc., although I like most of the women on SNL, and like SNL grads Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

Amy Schumer had a special on HBO where she was talking about how she had to clean a baby's butthole while babysitting. Just not funny-she said something about how she didn't clean it like she did her own before a date. There are so many things wrong with that alleged joke that I don't know where to begin.

Elspeth
11-02-2016, 02:03 PM
The foreign owners of Anheuser Busch need to realize that the elite Left drinks craft beers. Middle America can't afford boutique beers and stick to Bud, but Middle America is conservative.

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2016, 02:10 PM
The foreign owners of Anheuser Busch need to realize that the elite Left drinks craft beers. Middle America can't afford boutique beers and stick to Bud, but Middle America is conservative.

Craft beers are all the rage here. In St Louis we even have Schlafly beers, owned by a relative of Phyllis Schaffly (Eagle Forum--great conservative woman). Even conservatives get the craft beers.

But apparently beer drinkers all over the country didn't like the lib agenda pushed by those ads.

There's a divide between the marketing guys and the real America. I used to watch those pony-tailed, slick talking ad guys coming to our company, trying to get in touch with the employees' thoughts. We all laughed at their stupid ideas. They didn't like us mere employees. :biggrin-new:

When the owners went along with the half-baked schemes, they didn't work.

Dlr Pyro
11-02-2016, 02:24 PM
The more conservative based brewery formerly headquartered in the Midwest (St Louis) ran nice Clydesdale ads, not obnoxious Amy Schumer.

I'd rather see the Clydesdales than shumer or rogan.

Elspeth
11-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I'd rather see the Clydesdales than shumer or rogan.

I'd rather see 60 seconds of an old shoe than either of those two.

DumbAss Tanker
11-02-2016, 05:14 PM
I like Seth Rogan, but am not really a fan of Amy Schumer. I don't like most of the younger female comedians-Schumer, Sarah Silverman, etc., although I like most of the women on SNL, and like SNL grads Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

Amy Schumer had a special on HBO where she was talking about how she had to clean a baby's butthole while babysitting. Just not funny-she said something about how she didn't clean it like she did her own before a date. There are so many things wrong with that alleged joke that I don't know where to begin.

Seth Rogan I can take or leave, but I have to agree about Schumer and her ilk. I don't know where the line really is with sexual humor, but she and Silverman went past it long ago and became just trashy garbage-mouths.

Elspeth
11-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Seth Rogan I can take or leave, but I have to agree about Schumer and her ilk. I don't know where the line really is with sexual humor, but she and Silverman went past it long ago and became just trashy garbage-mouths.

It's worse than garbage mouths. It's just offensive for the sake of being offensive.

3rd-try
11-02-2016, 06:25 PM
It's worse than garbage mouths. It's just offensive for the sake of being offensive.

Yep. Its a tasteless attempt at shock comedy. Maybe there's a demographic for it. But, I'm not in it.

ralph wiggum
11-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Actually find Amy Schumer pretty funny. Unlike that goof Samantha Bee. Tis what it is.

Elspeth
11-03-2016, 01:32 AM
Actually find Amy Schumer pretty funny. Unlike that goof Samantha Bee. Tis what it is.

This you got to explain. What is funny about her?