PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Cacciatora Banquet

patriot45
11-12-2008, 09:00 PM
A friend is bringing me 5 lb of fresh gator meat for sunday so I was looking for recipes. I found a couple to use , but get a load of this recipe I found! According to the source, this is a real recipe! Whew, 3 large gators!:eek:

Ingredients :

3 x Adult Alligators
15 lb Zucchini sliced
3 can Black pitted olives sliced
1 cup Black pepper
4 cup Oregano
1 pkt Bay leaves (small box)
4 cup Vegetable oil
50 lb Canned whole tomatoes
10 lb Sliced onions
1 cup Salt
1/2 cup Crushed red pepper
4 cup Diced fresh parsley
20 lb Assorted green & Red
1 whl bulb of garlic

Method :
Peppers Alligators... Discard head, feet and tail. Wash and cut into individual portions. (so how much do 3 adult alligators weigh anyway?)
Borrow, beg or steal huge cooking pot. Use medium heat for oil and garlic.
Add alligator portions, turning often. Add tomatoes, bring to boil, simmer, add salt, pepper, red pepper, oregano, bay leaves, and parsley. Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Last 30 minutes add onions, peppers, zucchini. Last 5 min. add sliced olives. Serve with salad topped with favorite Italian dressing and crisp bread. "New Orleans Cooks The Italian Way" Locovozzi &
Mollicone (note: this is a real recipe and there is a whole Italian area of New Orleans which as you can see is spicy like cajun, but truely Italian. I have though of ways to make this with some other meat, because we just don't have alligators in Milwaukee! Maybe buffalo?)

patriot45
11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Haha, eeven bigger!:D

Elephant Stew
1 medium sized elephant
1 ton salt
1 ton pepper
200 bushells carrots
500 bushells potatoes
3000 sprigs parsley
1500 gallons brown gravy

Cut elephant into bite sized pieces(this will take 2 about months). Cut vegetables into cubes (another 2 months). Place meat in pan and cover with the brown gravy. Simmer for 4 weeks. Shovel in the salt and pepper to taste.

When the meat is tender, add the vegetables. Simmer for another 4 weeks.

Garnish with parsley.

This will serve 3800 people, but if more are expected, add 2 small rabbits. Make sure you use rabbit and not hares as most folk dislike getting a hair in their dinner.

Bubba Dawg
11-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I only want to feed about 500 people, but i want some variety on the menu.

I was thinking of doing the Alligator dish and doubling it, but also don't need that much elephant stew.

Can the elephant stew recipe be halved?

Helpful Hint: I like to use the tusks to make an attractive arrangement for the center of the table. The tusks on some African Elephants are devilishly difficult to remove, so instead of an African Elephant, use an Alabama Elephant, because in Alabama the....Tuscaloosa.....:o

JB
11-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Don't stop now dude. Try and find a recipe for "Blue Whale Tacos".

Bubba Dawg
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM

Eskimos make Blue Whale Tacos out of whale meat and blubber.....you'd blubber too if you had to make tacos out of whale meat.....

patriot45
11-12-2008, 09:59 PM

Not quite tacos, but...

Blue Whalerating

serve in
Collins Glass

1 part vodka
1 part Blue Curacao liqueur
1 part orange juice
1 part pineapple juice
1 part sweet and sour mix

Aaron Burr
11-13-2008, 03:03 AM
500 people? Why don't you tell 250 of them to bring enough for two?

Also, Hemingway wrote a short essay for a men's magazine once, it was a recipe for fillet of Lion. "First, get a Lion...."

And you can't substitute Bison for Alligator. Unless you fed the Bison to the Alligator first.

BSR
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Eskimos make Blue Whale Tacos out of whale meat and blubber.....you'd blubber too if you had to make tacos out of whale meat.....

http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/Rim%20Shot%20Johnny%20Utah.jpg

Figured someone had to give you the rim shot.

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/Rim%20Shot%20Johnny%20Utah.jpg

Figured someone had to give you the rim shot.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. And don't forget to tip your bartender and wait staff...:D

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 07:11 PM
500 people? Why don't you tell 250 of them to bring enough for two?

Also, Hemingway wrote a short essay for a men's magazine once, it was a recipe for fillet of Lion. "First, get a Lion...."And you can't substitute Bison for Alligator. Unless you fed the Bison to the Alligator first.

Nice. :D

zBoots
11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Baby Seal Ribs

"These are tender and the meat falls right off the bone. Generally, people think of baby seal ribs as a meal they would only order when at a restaurant, but they are so easy to make at home. This recipe could not be any more simple."

* 2 pounds baby seal ribs
* 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I prefer bullseye)

DIRECTIONS

1. Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to enclose each portion of seal ribs. Spray each piece of foil with vegetable cooking spray. Brush the baby seal ribs liberally with barbeque sauce and place each portion in its own piece of foil. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
3. Bake ribs wrapped tightly in the foil at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from foil and add more sauce, if desired.

Serve hot with taters and enjoy!!!

Don't let the rump go to waste! Baby Seal rump stew is delicious!

patriot45
11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Baby Seal Ribs

"These are tender and the meat falls right off the bone. Generally, people think of baby seal ribs as a meal they would only order when at a restaurant, but they are so easy to make at home. This recipe could not be any more simple."

* 2 pounds baby seal ribs
* 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I prefer bullseye)

DIRECTIONS

1. Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to enclose each portion of seal ribs. Spray each piece of foil with vegetable cooking spray. Brush the baby seal ribs liberally with barbeque sauce and place each portion in its own piece of foil. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
3. Bake ribs wrapped tightly in the foil at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from foil and add more sauce, if desired.

Serve hot with taters and enjoy!!!

Don't let the rump go to waste! Baby Seal rump stew is delicious!

I heard it tastes like manattee! :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-14-2008, 09:12 PM
OMG, this is painful to someone who teaches the kiddies at the zoo about preserving the baby seals and ellies and whales. You know that old saying "Save the Whales". I have a framed poster with that saying in our downstairs room (now finished as a mini-gym).

It's painful, but funny. :D

patriot45
11-14-2008, 09:27 PM
OMG, this is painful to someone who teaches the kiddies at the zoo about preserving the baby seals and ellies and whales. You know that old saying "Save the Whales". I have a framed poster with that saying in our downstairs room (now finished as a mini-gym).

It's painful, but funny. :D

Only kidding, you know! Never really cooked an Elly or a seal. I am not saying anything about the Manattee though! :D

zBoots
11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I heard it tastes like manattee! :D

Kind of a cross between manattee and broiled Sea Otter

Aaron Burr
11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately, Sea Otter is not as delicious as it looks. Blue Whale tongue on the other hand, mmmmmmm.

I love seafood. But in the fall I like to switch over to heavier, heartier dishes. I could really use a recipe for Panda bear.

Also, if anyone has figured out how to roast an entire Bigfoot, please let me know. I'm running out of tranquilizer darts.

zBoots
11-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately, Sea Otter is not as delicious as it looks. Blue Whale tongue on the other hand, mmmmmmm.

I love seafood. But in the fall I like to switch over to heavier, heartier dishes. I could really use a recipe for Panda bear.

Also, if anyone has figured out how to roast an entire Bigfoot, please let me know. I'm running out of tranquilizer darts.

Why Panda Bear just happens to be an especiality of mine; TYVM for asking.

Try this bad boy on Super bowl sunday with your chips and dip

Panda Bear Neck Roast

3-5 lbs. Panda Bear Neck meat "boned out and in 1 piece" (use a very sharp knife when deboning your panda!)
8 slices thick cut bacon
1 cup red wine
1 cup beef boullion "use cubes"
1 rib of celery
1 onion sliced
garlic powder or garlic cloves "to desired taste "
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. basil
1 tblsp. olive oil

Boil bacon in water for 5 minutes
Lay panda neck meat flat on counter, sprinkle with additional seasonings, place bacon on top, roll up roast, and tie with string. Tenderize panda neck as desired.

Place in container or ziploc bag and pour in in mixture of wine, boullion, onion, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, ginger, basil, celery "have premixed" over roast.

Roll several times in mixture. Refridgerate for 4 hours, turning several times. Remove from mixture, pat dry, and brown in olive oil in skillet. Place in baking dish or roaster add mixture, and cover.
Bake at 325 degrees until tender or done.
Remove from oven, drain juice in sauce pan, thicken to make gravy.

slice Panda Neck meat 3/4 inch thick
goes great with mashed potato's with gravy on top of them both.