PDA

View Full Version : TV Thursday!

DarkScribe
11-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Bright and sunny today, a little warmish this morning...

TOTD: Favorite television show (or shows) currently...what do you like?

Of course, 24. Lately, we've been caught up in reruns of Season One of Lost. Heard all about this show and how popular it is and now we know why. Great show! Like Supernatural a lot, as well (which runs at the same time slot as The Office, unfortunately). Shameless fun is America's Next Top Model.

Ree
11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Cold and rainy here

TOTD: Top Chef is back....

Celtic Rose
11-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Cool and foggy right now, but it should be sunny later today :) However, it will undoubtedly be freezing in the office, so I'll still bring warm clothes.

TOTD: Iron Chef and What Not to Wear are both fun to watch :D

movie buff
11-13-2008, 09:20 AM
TOTD: Smallville, Heroes, Monk, and Reaper.
I've also started to like Stargate Atlantis, mainly because I'm a big fan of Jewel Staite.

Celtic Rose
11-13-2008, 09:22 AM
TOTD: Smallville, Heroes, Monk, and Reaper.
I've also started to like Stargate Atlantis, mainly because I'm a big fan of Jewel Staite.

Have you seen Firefly? She is in that too. One of my absolute favorite shows :D

Cold Warrior
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Cloudy and grey here in southern New England. It's this time of year that I hate living in the north as the days are gloomy and drear.

TOTD: As Ree said, Top Chef is back. Watched it last night. The Amazing Race is also in full swing. And, of course, South Park.

Never seen 24. :D

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 09:53 AM
It's going to be windy today and snowy/rainy tomorrow. Which is just terrific for me since I have to do a physical inventory of the fleet tomorrow.

TOTD: Aside from '24' when it was on, I watch TV randomly. I record things and see them when the mood strikes me. My favorite at the moment is 'Intervention'. This is completely compelling TV. They follow big time drunks, drug addicts, anorexics, OCD people, and so forth through a slice of life thing and subsequent intervention. Then they provide a little follow-up thingy. Some people do great, a lot of them relapse, and few even die.

Last night I watched 'Ruby'. Ruby weighs 500 pounds but the show is about her diet and exercise efforts. It's kind fake since she has one regular doc, one obesity doc, one gym trainer, one pool trainer, a psychiatrist, and all her food is prepared by some weight loss outfit. I expect most people would be able to lose weight with all that behind them. She's kind of annoying to watch so I may delete this one.

DarkScribe
11-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Cloudy and grey here in southern New England. It's this time of year that I hate living in the north as the days are gloomy and drear.

TOTD: As Ree said, Top Chef is back. Watched it last night. The Amazing Race is also in full swing. And, of course, South Park.

Never seen 24. :D

Commie! :D

I'm a big fan of Tony Bourdain's No Reservation (to the point where Shannon now watches it) on the Travel Channel. I also like a few of the Food Network shows like Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Guy's Big Bite, and also Throwdown with Bobby Flay.

Cold Warrior
11-13-2008, 10:16 AM
TOTD: ... My favorite at the moment is 'Intervention'. This is completely compelling TV. They follow big time drunks, drug addicts, anorexics, OCD people, and so forth through a slice of life thing and subsequent intervention. Then they provide a little follow-up thingy. Some people do great, a lot of them relapse, and few even die.

One of my favorites as well. Everytime they have a drunk on, my girlfriend says something of the order..."If it weren't for me (her) that could be you!" :D

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
One of my favorites as well. Everytime they have a drunk on, my girlfriend says something of the order..."If it weren't for me (her) that could be you!" :D

It's compelling, isn't it? I don't know if the show would influence people to avoid all those behaviors or if they simply learn new tricks.

Did you see the one with mouthwash woman? I found that truly horrifying. Creepily, I use that same exact brand of mouthwash (although for a different purpose). For several days, it made me feel weird to haul out that bottle every morning. :eek:

ralph wiggum
11-13-2008, 10:37 AM
It's compelling, isn't it? I don't know if the show would influence people to avoid all those behaviors or if they simply learn new tricks.

Did you see the one with mouthwash woman? I found that truly horrifying. Creepily, I use that same exact brand of mouthwash (although for a different purpose). For several days, it made me feel weird to haul out that bottle every morning. :eek:

I've caught Intervention a few times, and it is quite a compelling show.

Did you happen to catch the A&E show "The Cleaner"? Similar to Intervention, but a drama.

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I've caught Intervention a few times, and it is quite a compelling show.

Did you happen to catch the A&E show "The Cleaner"? Similar to Intervention, but a drama.

I've recorded all the episodes but I haven't watched it yet. :D

ralph wiggum
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
I've recorded all the episodes but I haven't watched it yet. :D

It is an interesting show. Good DVR material.

RobJohnson
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Good Morning.

TOTD: I like Kitchen Nightmares and Chuck.

movie buff
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Have you seen Firefly? She is in that too. One of my absolute favorite shows :D

Yep!
I'm a lifelong Browncoat!
While I've been into her since before then (I first became a fan of hers when I was about 12 and she played Catalina on the Nickelodeon sci- fi series "Space Cases"), I definitely think Kaylee on 'Firefly"/"Serenity" is her best role!

Rebel Yell
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM

What about the one where the girl was huffing compressed air. Addict or not, she was just frickin crazy!!!!!!!!!

Still can't miss South Park, the new one last night was almost a throwback to what they were a few years ago.

I watch at least 2 - 3 episodes of House every night. I tell my wife that House is my idol. Just say what you want to whoever you want. She said, "You already act like that. You ARE an asshole.

Also like It's Me or the Dog, Untamed and Uncut, and Weird, True, and Freaky. All on Animal Planet.

Zathras
11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Grey and overcast here but it's going to be in the 70's here in San Jose this weekend.

Current TV shows I'm a fan of are the original CSI, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch and (don't laugh now) the new animated Star Wars series The Clone Wars.

enslaved1
11-13-2008, 12:48 PM
It was cold and sunny when I got to work, haven't seen a bit of natual light to confirm conditions since then.

I don't catch much tv, but I alway like Boston Legal. Denny is everything Capt. Kirk was that they couldn't show on tv in the seventies. Everyone on that show is certifiably looney, making for a very entertaining show.

Celtic Rose
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Grey and overcast here but it's going to be in the 70's here in San Jose this weekend.

Current TV shows I'm a fan of are the original CSI, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch and (don't laugh now) the new animated Star Wars series The Clone Wars.

I've never seen The Clone Wars, but I'll agree with you on the rest!

Shannon
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
and (don't laugh now) the new animated Star Wars series The Clone Wars.

Oh, I'm laughing.:p

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Rainy and cool on the mountain.

Some good ones have been mentioned, especially No Reservations.

My favorite show now is Life on Mars.

Shannon
11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
I just commented to DS the other day that I haven't seen Medium in awhile. I don't know if it was cancelled or moved or what. I really like that show.

Zathras
11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh, I'm laughing.:p

Shush you...Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I can't enjoy stuff for kids. Hell, some cartoons these days are a lot better than what's on broadcast TV. I mean, American Idol? Dancing With The Stars? Survivor: Whatever? How crap like that can get on the air is beyond me.

Zathras
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I've never seen The Clone Wars, but I'll agree with you on the rest!

The series is on Cartoon Network at 9pm on Friday. The pilot for the series was the 90 minute movie that came out in theaters last August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA14TnyCkgE

Phillygirl
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I just commented to DS the other day that I haven't seen Medium in awhile. I don't know if it was cancelled or moved or what. I really like that show.

I don't know either. For a bit my secretary threw me off because she kept telling me that she was watching it from tivo. She finally figured out they were reruns.

The Ghost Whisperer is pretty good.

movie buff
11-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Shush you...Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I can't enjoy stuff for kids. Hell, some cartoons these days are a lot better than what's on broadcast TV. I mean, American Idol? Dancing With The Stars? Survivor: Whatever? How crap like that can get on the air is beyond me.

Indeed. Before they all got cancelled and replaced with pure crap, I loved a lot of the action shows Cartoon Network used to air on Saturday nights from 8 to about 11 or so (i.e. Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, MEGAS XLR).
The only reality shows I really like are "Hogan Knows Best" and "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

Shannon
11-13-2008, 10:53 PM

Hey, the audition part of American Idol is priceless.:D I don't watch many other "reality" shows. Kid shows are cool, man. I was just teasing you. I assume you like The Wiggles, right?:p

Troll
11-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't have cable, so the only thing I get on the TV when I actually have the urge to turn it on is Everybody Loves Raymond. I love Lost, and I think the new season FINALLY starts in January. I've caught myself watching Eli Stone from time to time on Abc.com and enjoying it.

Zathras
11-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Indeed. Before they all got cancelled and replaced with pure crap, I loved a lot of the action shows Cartoon Network used to air on Saturday nights from 8 to about 11 or so (i.e. Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, MEGAS XLR).
The only reality shows I really like are "Hogan Knows Best" and "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

I had a chance to meet the guy who won the 1st "Who Wants to be a Superhero". The Defuser is his character from the MMORPG City of Heroes....he's a very cool guy.

movie buff
11-14-2008, 07:13 AM
I had a chance to meet the guy who won the 1st "Who Wants to be a Superhero". The Defuser is his character from the MMORPG City of Heroes....he's a very cool guy.

I've met the winners from both seasons of it (Feedback, though I never saw the season in which he won, and the Defuser) at comic conventions, plus the Season 1 finalist Fat Momma and the Season 2 contestant Parthenon, they were all great guys. I really wish they'd release the Defuser's comic, I can't wait to read it. In fact, instead of just a one- shot comic, he should get his own full series!