PDA

View Full Version : Black Lives Matter Protests Black Woman’s Backed-Up Sewer Line

Banacek
11-14-2016, 04:27 PM
While the rest of the country (at least the liberal part) is protesting the racism of a democratically-held election, Black Lives Matter is focused on the real hatred and bigotry destroying our nation. It seems that a black woman in a small Tennessee town experienced extreme racism in the form of a backed-up sewer line. As you can imagine this “environmental racism” spawned a massive protest.

Kimberly Arrowood lives in Bluff City, TN and recently had a problem with her sewer line. The Johnson City Press reports:

Arrowood’s anger stems from Bluff City officials not assisting her with a reported sewage leak at her home. Arrowood receives her sewage service from the Town of Bluff City.

“The sewage overflowed into my basement,” said Arrowood.

“I had to call in a carpet-cleaning (business) that cost me $5,000 to begin with. Then I started getting estimates for my home’s clean-up and the finishing. To replace my carpet, replace the tile and replace the hardwood, it’s going to be close to $30,000. I took it to Bluff City and they said they’re not responsible,” she continued.

Here’s the thing, and I know about this first-hand, the homeowner is responsible for the sewer line on the property, while the city assumes responsibility once that line reaches the city line in the street. Municipal sewer service is designed so it doesn’t back up into people’s houses, and even if something catastrophic happened, why didn’t anyone else in the town experience the same problem

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-lives-matter-protests-black-womans-backed-up-sewer-line

FlaGator
11-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Black Sh*t Matters