PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia on the rise, experts say

FlaGator
11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I know that some of you out there are not going to like me for posting this...

Paranoia on the rise, experts say
The Associated Press

Wed, Nov 12, 2008 (7:24 a.m.)

If you think they're out to get you, you're not alone.

Paranoia, once assumed to afflict only schizophrenics, may be a lot more common than previously thought.

According to British psychologist Daniel Freeman, nearly one in four Londoners regularly have paranoid thoughts. Freeman is a paranoia expert at the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College and the author of a book on the subject.

Experts say there is a wide spectrum of paranoia, from the dangerous delusions that drive schizophrenics to violence to the irrational fears many people have daily.

"We are now starting to discover that madness is human and that we need to look at normal people to understand it," said Dr. Jim van Os, a professor of psychiatry at Maastricht University in the Netherlands. Van Os was not connected to Freeman's studies.

Looking over my shoulder I see there is more information here (http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/nov/12/paranoia-on-the-rise-experts-say/)

bijou
11-13-2008, 03:58 PM
aD21JDMp86c

FlaGator
11-13-2008, 04:08 PM
aD21JDMp86c

What did you mean by that? :mad:

bijou
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM

Nothing. :)

Are you quite sure your webcam is switched off? :D

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM

What did you mean with that OP? It's always the seemingly normal ones who snap. Maybe you're trying to send us all a little message, huh? :eek:

bijou
11-13-2008, 04:31 PM
What did you mean with that OP? It's always the seemingly normal ones who snap. Maybe you're trying to send us all a little message, huh? :eek:

Surely not! Everyone says FlaGator is a quiet guy, keeps himself to himself ... nothing like that has ever happened round here ... oh. :(

Rebel Yell
11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
What? Who said that?
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249/deladric/paranoia.jpg

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I noticed that the site went down immediately after my post. You can't tell me that sort of thing is mere coincidence. :cool:

FlaGator
11-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I noticed that the site went down immediately after my post. You can't tell me that sort of thing is mere coincidence. :cool:

Despite what you are insinuating, I had nothing to do with it.

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I was looking back to see if you were looking back to see if I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me.

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I was looking back to see if you were looking back to see if I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me.

You wear Spandex voluntarily. We already fear you.

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 08:18 PM
You wear Spandex voluntarily. We already fear you.

I knew you were out to get me.

And only the manliest of men, completely secure in their manhood, can wear spandex, or kilts. :D

Gingersnap
11-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I knew you were out to get me.

And only the manliest of men, completely secure in their manhood, can wear spandex, or kilts. :D

If I was out to get you, you'd be "got". You've seen the "former" member rolls. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 08:24 PM
If I was out to get you, you'd be "got". You've seen the "former" member rolls. :D

Do those rolls come with butter? :p:D

Besides, the Paranoids have been after me for years.

JB
11-13-2008, 09:01 PM
According to British psychologist Daniel Freeman, nearly one in four Londoners regularly have paranoid thoughts. I think we only have 2 Brits on this board so that means for 1/2 a day either beej or hamp is freaking out about something.

SarasotaRepub
11-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Luke...I know you post here! Where are you???:D