PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty International Blasts Kellogg’s for Using Child Labor-Produced Ingredients

Elspeth
11-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Kellogg's has just pulled its ads from Breitbart for political reasons. :biggrin-new: The company that provides palm oil to Kellogg's uses child labor.

Amnesty International Blasts Kellogg’s for Using Child Labor-Produced Ingredients
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/30/kelloggs-child-labor-amnesty-international-wilmar-indonesia/

The international human rights organization Amnesty International is slamming Kellogg’s and other companies that it says are profiting from child labor and other exploitative practices.

The new report, “The Great Palm Oil Scandal,” released Wednesday, “investigates labour exploitation on plantations in Indonesia that provide palm oil to Wilmar, which is the world’s largest processor and merchandiser of palm and lauric (palm kernel) oils and controls over 43% of the global palm oil trade.”

Wilmar provides palm oil to Kellogg’s and other producers of consumer goods...

Kellogg’s announced on Tuesday its decision to pull ads from conservative media giant Breitbart.com because its 45 million monthly readers are not “aligned with our values as a company.”

Breitbart news is the largest platform for pro-family content anywhere on the Internet. We advocate for traditional American values, perhaps most important among them is freedom of speech. For Kellogg’s, an iconic American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice. They insult our incredibly diverse staff and spit in the face of our 45,000,000 highly engaged, highly perceptive, highly loyal readers, many of whom are Kellogg’s customers. Boycotting mainstream American ideas is an act of discrimination and intense prejudice. If you serve Kellogg’s products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table.

I PLEDGE TO BOYCOTT KELLOGG'S PRODUCTS
http://www.breitbart.com/dumpkelloggs/

cadillac shark
11-30-2016, 06:39 PM
Consider them boycotted. The only product I've bought from them lately is Eggo-waffles.

I should've seen the warning signs about a decade ago, when Tony The Tiger morphed-into an absolute wuss.