PDA

View Full Version : State Univ. To Provide Taxpayer-Funded Hormone Treatments For Transgender Students

Banacek
12-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Students visit Montana State University Health Services for many reasons, but the scope of care is larger than many would expect. Reporter Lena Blietz talked with student Stanley Acedraper, who found help for a life change.

Stanley needed gender hormones to feel like his true self, KXLH.com reports.

Im being who I want to be and thats all anyone really wants is to be who they want to be, Acedraper said. I did a little bit of research at the beginning, just to weigh my options because I was unfamiliar with the process and all that.

So, we met a few times before I actually got on the hormones, to just talk about it and she gave me all this information and all this paperwork, just stuff that I could look over to know like what was going to happen to me, Acedraper said.

I think its really important that transgender students can access the care they need here on campus, said Dr. Katie Woods, MSU Health Services physician

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/how-exciting-state-university-to-provide-taxpayer-funded-hormone-treatments-for-transgender-students

noonwitch
12-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Most of the public schools already provide birth control pills to female students either free or at a very low cost. Same chemicals, different use, I guess.