PDA

View Full Version : 11-year-old hits mom in the head with a saw; offers her $5 not to call police

bijou
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
An 11-year-old boy accused of hitting his mother in the head with a saw before offering her $5 not to call police is facing an aggravated battery charge, according to a St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office report released Thursday.

The altercation happened Wednesday morning in the 1700 block of Wyoming Avenue after James Patrick Fitzgerald and his 41-year-old mother argued as she tried to get him to take his medication. Following the argument, the boy bicycled to the Wyoming Avenue address, where he apparently started hitting a tree with a saw.

The mother followed him but he still wouldn't take the medicine. Fitzgerald raised the saw and hit his mother, who had a minor laceration, on top of her head.

"When he saw the blood coming from her head he threw down the saw and started to plead with the victim to not call the police," the report states.

He reportedly offered a $5 bill to his mother if she didn't notify authorities.

link (http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/nov/13/11-year-old-facing-battery-charge-after-hitting-mo/)
Thankfully she didn't take the bribe.

Shannon
11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I would be in jail for beating a child if I were that mom.

megimoo
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I would be in jail for beating a child if I were that mom.If you used a saw you would be under observation some place quiet !

Goldwater
11-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I would be in jail for beating a child if I were that mom.

That kid's saw days would be over though.

biccat
11-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I think this deserves a slow clap.
http://www.vicissitude.net/Emoticons/SlowClap.gif

PoliCon
11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I would be in jail for beating a child if I were that mom. I think she should be in jail for NOT beating the snot out of the little bastard.

AlmostThere
11-15-2008, 03:03 AM
I think the key words here are 'taking his medication'. I don't think she was trying to give him an aspirin or cough drop. It kind of hard to get really pissed if the kid is genuinely sick.

BSR
11-15-2008, 11:13 AM
She should take the money if she knew what was good for her. :mad:

DarkScribe
11-15-2008, 12:44 PM
She should take the money if she knew what was good for her. :mad:

C'mon, BSR...if it was your 2 y/o you would've reached for your wallet...and it would've been MISSING! :cool:

RobJohnson
11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I would of took the five bucks and still called the cops!!

Little bastard. :D