PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Ozarks

PoliticalJunky
11-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Hello to everyone. I was born in CA but raised in MO. I just recently moved back to MO, in the general Springfield area. I am hoping to be able to discuss everything and anything with others who happen to be of the conservative bent. I can't honestly say that I am as conservative as many are but I am fiscally very conservative and do happen to lean just a tad to the left when it comes to some social programs, but much more conservative when it comes to the social programs than most liberals for sure.

Bubba Dawg
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Hello to everyone. I was born in CA but raised in MO. I just recently moved back to MO, in the general Springfield area. I am hoping to be able to discuss everything and anything with others who happen to be of the conservative bent. I can't honestly say that I am as conservative as many are but I am fiscally very conservative and do happen to lean just a tad to the left when it comes to some social programs, but much more conservative when it comes to the social programs than most liberals for sure.

Hello. Welcome. :)

Shannon
11-14-2008, 10:35 PM
You live in Misery? Uck.

PoliticalJunky
11-14-2008, 10:53 PM
You live in Misery? Uck.

I absolutely MO and would rather be here than NM or CA and the other 34 states I have lived in or the 4 countries I have lived in. Love the people and love the nature around here.

Celtic Rose
11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Welcome to our little corner of the internet :)

SaintLouieWoman
11-14-2008, 11:03 PM
You live in Misery? Uck.
:mad: Not nice, Shannon.

Welcome to CU. Glad to have a fellow Missourian on the board.:)

SaintLouieWoman
11-14-2008, 11:05 PM
I absolutely MO and would rather be here than NM or CA and the other 34 states I have lived in or the 4 countries I have lived in. Love the people and love the nature around here.

Totally agree with you. The only other place that I like as much is San Antonio. I lived in Texas for 7 years. The folks there are also very nice.

Florida is alright, but too many transplanted Yankees and way too many bugs. Besides, the housing values have dipped way too much. Things aren't that bad here.

Shannon
11-14-2008, 11:07 PM
:mad: Not nice, Shannon.

Welcome to CU. Glad to have a fellow Missourian on the board.:)

Should my "title" be changed?:p

Welcome to CU. I tease about MO. because I have child support issues with that state.

PoliticalJunky
11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Should my "title" be changed?:p

Welcome to CU. I tease about MO. because I have child support issues with that state.

Ahhhh, sorry about your problems.

RobJohnson
11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Welcome, you live in a very beautiful part of this great nation!

expat-pattaya
11-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I left MO at the age of 15 and have never been back. But I am still a Cardinals fan. Go Cards :D