PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar/Couture Fight

Troll
11-15-2008, 03:08 AM
Is anybody going to be watching this fight Saturday night? Any guesses on who will win? Couture is giving up around 15 years and 50 pounds to Lesnar, but he has a ton more experience. My money is (grudgingly) on Lesnar.

Cold Warrior
11-15-2008, 06:58 AM
I don't know much about this sport, but I remember Lesnar his stint in the WWE. Is this sport "entertainment," in that the outcome is determined, or is it a real sport? (Honest question, btw)

Moon
11-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Is anybody going to be watching this fight Saturday night? Any guesses on who will win? Couture is giving up around 15 years and 50 pounds to Lesnar, but he has a ton more experience. My money is (grudgingly) on Lesnar.

A few weeks ago I saw a replay of the Lesnar - Mir fight. I think Randy Couture is going to have his hands very full in this fight. His experience will offset Lesnar's sheer power to some degree, but if Lesnar catches him with his guard down at all, I think Couture will be taking a nap.

Troll
11-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't know much about this sport, but I remember Lesnar his stint in the WWE. Is this sport "entertainment," in that the outcome is determined, or is it a real sport? (Honest question, btw)

Yes, this is very real. It's not as flashy as WWF, but everything you see is an actual strike or hold. I'd tell you to watch this Pay-Per-View for an example if I didn't think it was going to be such a bloodbath. :(

I was big into pro-wrestling during the 'Monday Night Wars' period and before. That was the greatest time to be a wrestling fan. :D

This, in my opinion, is one of the best MMA fights to date. Lesnar and Couture are signed with UFC, the two guys in this video are with Pride, but it really shows what the sport is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifxnssIvbuk&feature=related