PDA

View Full Version : Sunday and not so sunny.

asdf2231
11-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Low 30's and snow showers today. I think winter may be knocking on the door.

Mancub and I are going to be driving to the halfway point between here and Minneapolis to pick up the girlchild from her 5 day adventure at the National Young Leaders State Conference thingy she has been at for the last 4 days. 4 hours round trip.

Then we start another exotic fun filled week of school and stuff. I have a couple of meetings and training classes scheduled in the evenings this week so the eldest gets to do a little bit of baby sitting.

My better half gets home from Texas on Friday and then she has some time off scheduled the week of Thanksgiving. We may take the kids to a water park for an overnight end o' the month here.

I am just starting to look at Christmas shopping for our distant but still good friends. (Holiday gift catalogs) I love this time of year.

So TOTD:

How extensive is your Christmas shopping list?

Do you just do immediate family or do you try to mail order or send out gifts to good friends that are not local?

We have accounts set up with a couple of places that we use for goodie baskets and wine and cheese things and a couple of best friends that we still personally shop for and mail out from the post office to.

patriot45
11-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Great day in Florida! Nice and cool, the windows are finally open and the a/c is off!

Gators kicked some Gamecock ass yesterday and today I'm cooking Gator!! Got 2.5 lbs marinated and 2.5 lbs rubbed all cajun spices and marinade!!

TOTD: This year its grand kids only for us buying gifts. I have my oldest daughter just got married and she has 2 step daughters 10 and 11, my son has a stepson 5, and my youngest just had a daughter 8 months.
This Christmas will be for the kids!

GO GATORS!!!!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/food/alligator2008001.jpg

linda22003
11-16-2008, 03:31 PM
TOTD: We include friends as well as family. We also give a Christmas party and give small presents to those who come. This year it's a collection of lovely Polish glass ornaments in individual boxes (easy to wrap!). People love finding something under the tree with their name on it. :)

SarasotaRepub
11-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Beautiful day here, 57 and sunny at the moment.

Who can afford Christmas gifts this year???:( :D

Living in La
11-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Gorgeous weather, 60 degrees and sunny.

This will probably be the last Christmas Santa visits (my youngest is 8 and turning cynical) so we are focusing on the kids. I am buying gifts for the girls in my oldests' dance class since she is on a tight budget (she teaches 8-12 year olds and is a college student). The adults have everything they need/want.

Celtic Rose
11-16-2008, 06:30 PM
It is a gorgeous 82 degrees out today. :D

TOTD: I tend to give a lot of small presents.

BSR
11-16-2008, 06:54 PM
I dont know the temp or the weather outside. I have been indoors all day watching football.

RobJohnson
11-17-2008, 01:37 AM
We had a very sunny Suday, with many people wearing shorts. I spent the day in Las Vegas.

The first part of the day included a vist to my mom's friend that is in the hospital recovering from a hip and leg injury. She seems to be healing quickly.

We had a wonderful Brunch! The food was great, and so was the Bloody Mary. We spent some time shopping and playing the penny slots. Gas was $2.24 in Sin City.

Driving through the Red Rock Canyon at sunset was simply awesome.

http://www.sunsetcities.com/Red-Rock-Canyon/vistas/potosi-000.jpg

TOTD: I used to do the mega-gift giving thing, that included mail order gifts for friends. Now my gift giving is limited to my mother, sister. nephews and whoever I am sleeping with at the time :D