PDA

View Full Version : The FairTax - bring it on!

patriot45
11-17-2008, 09:38 AM
This is better than any tax hike!

FairTax rally (http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2008/11/yesterdays-fairtax-rally.html)

We expected 1000. We had room for 1500. We filled the place .. and more. The FairTax rally yesterday in Gwinnett County was, by any measure, a great success. The crowd heard from Republican Senator Saxby Chambliss (Yes, Jim Martin was invited), Congressman John Linder, and I had the honor of introducing former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee to the crowd.

Now is EXACTLY the wrong time for you to be tired of hearing about the FairTax. Bear with me and read just a few bullet points here. Then you can read the comments and hear from all of the naysayers who will tell you that it just can't be done. Bear in mind as you read those comments that during the entirety of the Revolutionary War the majority of the Colonists were telling that ragtag army of farmers and merchants with borrowed rifles and worn out shoes that it couldn't be done. They didn't listen. I'm not listening to them now. OK ... bullet points.

The crowd just LOVED Mike Huckabee. I suspect many of them were thinking that things might have been a bit different if he had been the nominee. Now he has a top-rated TV show on Fox and a twice-daily commentary on ABC radio .. really positioning himself for 2012.

Do you want to talk about a bailout plan? Fine. There is about $13 trillion dollars in U.S. wealth working overseas to escape our punishing tax system. Pass the FairTax and that $13 trillion starts flowing back into our economy. Care to consider the consequences?
Middle class tax cut? Hey ... what if much of the middle class and all of the poor had their federal tax burdens eliminated entirely? And what if every single American household could purchase their basic necessities every single month with no federal tax consequences at all?
If Obama does what he says he is going to do, and that would be raise taxes, then we're going to see more American jobs going overseas and small businesses and corporations outsource jobs and run from our second-highest-in-the-industrialized-world corporate taxes.
Obama won this election by delivering his "tax cut for 95% of the American people lie" loudly and often. If we had the FairTax politicians would not be able to lie to the American people on tax issues. Now you see one of the reasons politicians will have to be drug kicking and screaming to the FairTax.
I'm told that the FairTax people approached another (and much more successful) talk show host about getting on board with the FairTax. The response from that host's producers? "What makes you think we want to help Boortz sell more books?"
Foreign political leaders don't like the FairTax. I had some journalists in Ireland tell me personally that they were scared to death of the proposal. Why? Because they fear that businesses would flee Ireland to relocate in the United States.
Now .. here's an interesting twist. Georgia Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine was there yesterday. Oxendine has started a movement to get various states to call for a Constitutional Convention to eliminate the 16th Amendment and bring us the FairTax. Now THAT is an interesting idea. I can tell you what would happen here. Once the congress realizes that there is a good deal of steam behind the idea of a FairTax Constitutional Convention they would trip over themselves to enact the FairTax and begin the repeal process on the 16th Amendment on their own. Why? They don't know what else the people might chose to do at such a convention. Term limits anyone?

Now, if you are one of the few out there who are really not up to speed on the FairTax, here are two books for you to read. The FairTax Book, and FairTax, the Truth. Answering the critics. Yup .. the money still goes to charity. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troll
11-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Now is EXACTLY the wrong time for you to be tired of hearing about the FairTax.

I never get tired of hearing about it, but I think our chance to get this legislation passed is gone. Even if the Democratic congress passed it (yeah right), Obama would never sign it. And even if he did sign it, we'd be screwed because we'd end up paying the FairTax on top of the Income Tax.

This is what happens when we don't hold our legislators' feet to the fire. I hope the 'party loyal' Republicans remember this when the GOP starts playing that 'smaller government' card to try and scare some of their seats back.