PDA

View Full Version : Hero Mom Rats Out Criminal Kids.

Gingersnap
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Mother turns children in for Milwaukee robbery

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A mother who turned in her teen daughter and son to police in a Milwaukee gas station robbery is being praised for her actions.

Milwaukee Police Capt. David Zibolski says the mother saw video of Thursday's armed robbery at Citgo Ajit Gas & Go on West Hopkins Street and recognized her 16-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter. She called police Friday after seeing the video on a local TV station.

Zibolski says the woman did the right thing. He says police hope she will be an example to others in Milwaukee who might have information about crimes.

Good for her. Maybe she's just saved her idiotic offspring from a life of crime. :)

Mom (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WI_ROBBERY_MOTHER_PRAISED_WIOL-?SITE=WIKEN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=ap_content_popup.html)

FlaGator
11-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Good for her. Maybe she's just saved her idiotic offspring from a life of crime. :)

Mom (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WI_ROBBERY_MOTHER_PRAISED_WIOL-?SITE=WIKEN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=ap_content_popup.html)

Forgive my jaded outlook but they'll probably kill her when they get out. Remember I leave in Florida where almost all disputes are solved buy the introduction of weapons into the dispute.

noonwitch
11-17-2008, 12:04 PM
When I was a delinquency worker, I had plenty of parents who had turned in their own kids for minor crimes, hoping to prevent them from committing more serious crimes later. Most were drug related, but one kid was running a burglary ring in his community. He was a genius, I must admit, and I'm proud to say that after leaving our system, he enlisted in the military, where his particular skills and abilities have be used to benefit us all.

This mom deserves some special kudos because she turned her kids in for a crime in which they will likely be tried as adults, especially the 17 year old.

BSR
11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
My mom turned me in when I stole a smurf key chain from a hallmark store when I was 4 years old. She made me hand it back to the manager and apologize..

I still plan on shanking her for that.. :mad:

It's coming mom... It's coming..