PDA

View Full Version : Dishonest Media Tries To Show Sparse Crowd At Trump Inauguration Among Other Lies

NJCardFan
01-22-2017, 08:51 AM
With each passing day, Trump is being proven more and more right. This time the dishonest media tried to show a sparse crowd at his inauguration by showing this picture:

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/selectall/2017/01/20/20-national-mall.w710.h473.jpg

And, of course, other media outlets are running with it. But in reality, this was the actual crowd

https://scontent.fewr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/16105944_10154775116637420_2137275703641453981_n.j pg?oh=4bba0120f2cd5da08aa4edd89d13f2e0&oe=5901D9E6

This to go with the hack who tweeted that Trump removed MLK's bust and when he's called out on his lie, he comes crawling for forgiveness like a scolded dog: http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/01/21/fake-news-day-one-spicer-scolds-press-time-reporters-false-mlk-bust-story/

SarasotaRepub
01-22-2017, 10:32 AM
This will be the "normal" with Trump. The MSM
will look for any reason/excuse to distort concerning
him/family/administration.

I think this will backfire big time on them but
it won't stop them. They just hate Trump and will
pull shit they would never even had considered doing
to their lord oBAMA.

Sad.

ABC
01-22-2017, 12:34 PM
I think this will backfire big time on them but
it won't stop them. Sad.

I do agree, it will backfire on them before long.

This admin will not put up with all the falsehoods being disseminated by the press without fighting back. And I look forward to the day that they will likely have to come crawling on their knees ...

Looking for every little crumb that they could possibly use to their advantage!

Rockntractor
01-22-2017, 12:39 PM
The Blaze is using PolitiFact to prove the low numbers, the Beck glitter ponies are lapping it up like a dog in a cat litter box.

SVPete
01-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Probably both pictures are accurate, at the time when they were taken. All that's necessary to get a "sparse crowd" pic is to take the pic 3 or 4 hours early, when important things are being done elsewhere. IOW, a real pic, dishonestly represented. The MSM have been doing this to Trump pretty much all year, and have used this trick to lie about Pro-Life events for decades.

Rockntractor
01-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Probably both pictures are accurate, at the time when they were taken. All that's necessary to get a "sparse crowd" pic is to take the pic 3 or 4 hours early, when important things are being done elsewhere. IOW, a real pic, dishonestly represented. The MSM have been doing this to Trump pretty much all year, and have used this trick to lie about Pro-Life events for decades.
That's exactly what they did, when you look at the comparison pair the inauguration that the mainstream media is showing the shadowing is different on the dome.
Accurate is the wrong word, 3 hours early is not accurate 3 hours late is not accurate, the inauguration occurred at noon, anything else is willful deceit.

ralph wiggum
01-22-2017, 03:13 PM
That's exactly what they did, when you look at the comparison pair the inauguration that the mainstream media is showing the shadowing is different on the dome.
Accurate is the wrong word, 3 hours early is not accurate 3 hours late is not accurate, the inauguration occurred at noon, anything else is willful deceit.
More on this elsewhere, and no clue how anyone can possibly estimate a crowd size with any degree of accuracy.

But it was absolutely packed Friday before and after the Inauguration. Saturday in the same location it was packed as well, gathered & congregated in a different way though.

Rockntractor
01-24-2017, 12:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KVV2O9x.jpg

ABC
01-24-2017, 12:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KVV2O9x.jpg

Ha! Ha! :rotfl:

FourWinds
01-24-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm glad life didn't put me into a journalism career path. I'm not sure I could look at myself in the mirror knowing I was little better than a propagandist.

Rockntractor
01-24-2017, 12:43 PM
Ha! Ha! :rotfl:
Someone should burn a mole at the DU with this.

Adam Wood
01-24-2017, 08:36 PM
So, the Left clearly got their marching orders today, and now they're all out trumpeting this story (https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2017/01/all-of-this-space-was-full-a-photographic-fact-check/514253/), which allegedly "proves" that only fourteen people showed up for the inauguration.

Unsurprisingly, The Atlantic is out engaging in fake news. After all, if it weren't for fake news, the Left would have no news at all that they could report. So, I'll save everyone a bit of time and trouble debunking this nonsense.

According to the article:

Without disputing Spicerís claims about the total capacity of the area he describes, his summary claim that it was "full when the president took the Oath of Office" is demonstrably false. The following photographs taken by Reuters photographer Lucas Jackson show the mall from the top of the Washington Monument. Enlarging the pictures makes it possible to see video screens with President Trump delivering his inaugural speech, complete with visible captions that help establish the time at which they were taken.

Please note that links to (very large) fullsize versions of these photographs are available in some image captions.

So, there you have it: Trump is on the Jumbo-Trons, and therefore these pictures are from the moment that he was giving his Inaugural speech. Right? I mean, they even zoom down close enough in picture #5 that you can just about read the size of the trousers of one of the guys on the screen. And there Trump is on the Jumbo-Tron, in all his orange glory, so this has to be right in the middle of the inauguration, right? Just after Trump has taken the oath and is giving his Inaugural Address?

Not so fast.

Look closely at pictures #2, #3, and #4 in particular. Start with #3. Zoom in. See the big Jumbo-Tron off to the right and left? Good. Now look at the podium. Look closely.

Notice anything missing?

Try locating a BRIGHT red tie at that podium. Try locating yellow hair at that podium.

Can't find it?

That's because it isn't there.

This picture wasn't taken during the inauguration. It was taken after the inauguration. And there's more.

Look at picture #2. Zoom in. Look over to the right and to the left, at Constitution and Independence Avenues. What do you see?

I see people. Lots of people. And for the most part, they are walking away from the Mall. Here is where I enlist Ralph's assistance:

Ralph, you flew something close to a thousand miles, doubtless spent several hundred dollars on a hotel room, probably a couple hundred just feeding yourself, and you spent a considerable amount of time and frustration navigating the Metro and the massive crowds to get to the Mall, only to then have to go through major security to get in to see this historic event.

So, after all of that, why did you get up and leave halfway through the Inaugural Address? Wanted to beat the traffic in the parking lot? Parked far away from the Wally World Moose so that you would be close to the exit at the end of the day? Didn't care about the historical Inaugural Address? Thought it was a boring speech?

Because according to The Atlantic, thousands of people were suddenly streaming away in the middle of this Inaugural Address that many of these people traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to hear live and in person, only to walk out halfway through. Sort of like how people leave at halftime during the Super Bowl because it's just not worth staying anymore, right?

Horse hockey. No one in their right mind who came to actually see the inauguration would have left partway through barring some sort of terrorist attack or a huge, simultaneous family emergency or something like that. They would have stayed for every last moment of what they came to see. And yet here these people are, streaming away from the Mall.

Only reasonable answer: this picture was taken after the actual Inaugural. Trump is clearly not on the podium, people are streaming away, and a sizable amount decided to watch the speech again, or maybe just kill some time to let the crowds die down on the Metro. But one thing is pretty much undeniable here: this picture that is supposed "proof" was, in fact, taken after the festivities were officially over.

Now look here (http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/). You can pan around from the dais and out to the Washington Monument, and you can zoom in. What do we see? We see Trump at the lectern, red tie and all, and if you pan out over the Mall, you see people essentially shoulder-to-shoulder all the way out to the tent (I guess it's a tent) that is standing perpendicular to the Mall in front of the Washington Monument. So in this picture, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these are the crowds at the moment that Trump was speaking, actually at the podium. No need to rely upon replays on the Jumbo-Tron: we see the real deal, right there, front and center, for all to see.

Kind of a different perspective, isn't it?

The Leftist media is desperate to come up with a way to de-legitimize Trump in any and every way possible. And this article in The Atlantic proves it beyond any doubt.

So take that, DUmmies: you've have been lied to. Again. And you lapped it up like kittens with milk.

NJCardFan
01-25-2017, 03:43 AM
The hilarious thing is that CNN's own Gigapixel page points out their lie. And no one calls them on it. http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Click on it. It's pretty neat.