PDA

View Full Version : Hard to feel sorry for someone this stupid...

OwlMBA
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
SWEET HOME, Ore. An Oregon woman who is out $400,000 after falling for a well-known Internet scam says she wasn't a sucker or an easy mark.

Janella Spears of Sweet Home says she simply became curious when she received an e-mail promising her $20.5 million if she would only help out a long-lost relative identified as J.B. Spears with a little money up front.

Spears told KATU-TV about the scammers' ability to identify her relative by name was persuasive.

"That's what got me to believe it," She said. "So, why wouldn't you send over $100?"

Spears, who is a nursing administrator and CPR teacher, said she mortgaged the house and took a lien out on the family car, and ran through her husband's retirement account.

"The retirement he was dreaming of cruising and going around and seeing America is pretty much gone for him right now," she said.

She estimates it will take two years to clear the debt that accumulated in the more than two years she spent sending money to con artists.

Her family and bank officials told her it was all a scam, she said, and begged her to stop, but she persisted because she became obsessed with getting paid.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453125,00.html

That is one dumb broad. And what kind of husband lets his wife clear out his 401k for this?!

No sympathy from me. Freakin' idiots!

BSR
11-17-2008, 07:45 PM
"The hope is [other people] are not going to fall as hard as I fell," Spears said.

Trust me princess.. That isn't going to be a problem.. :rolleyes:

Where the hell was her husband when all this went down?

JB
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
A fool and her money are lucky to get together in the first place.

MrsSmith
11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
A fool and her money are lucky to get together in the first place.

Sounds like it was mostly his money... :eek:

OwlMBA
11-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Sounds like it was mostly his money... :eek:

Yes, it does. And I love how she just nonchalantly throws out there that he won't be retiring anytime soon. She doesn't seem to care too much about it.

Unreal. And her family TOLD HER THIS WAS A SCAM... But she kept going....

I bet there will be a follow up story after her husband buries her in the lettuce patch.

Space Gravy
11-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Don't worry. Obama will make it all better........just like Ford, GM etc...

Speedy
11-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I responded to one of the Nigerian scams and had the guys upping the percentage of how much of the money I was going to get to keep. They got tired of me fucking with them and ignored me after a while.