PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday! Better than Monday...

SarasotaRepub
11-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Well it usually is. :D Nice clear crisp start to the day here, it's 23 and there
is frost on the lawn and the roofs.

TOTD: Which (if any) big box bulk store do you have near you and who do you use?

Here is St. Louis we've got Costco and Sam's Club. Down in Sarasota I had BJ's and
Sam's. I think those are the big 3 but there may be another, I can't remember.

In FL I liked BJ's as the lanes were clearly marked and they didn't pull the
switching stuff into another lane at random trick.

Here in STL we like Costco as the people are much nicer.

linda22003
11-18-2008, 07:34 AM
We go to Costco a few times a year to stock up on some things; that's all I can think of. We have lots of the different varieties of stores in this area, but as a couple with no children or pets, we don't need monster sizes of most things.

biccat
11-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Cool day here as well, probably just above the freezing mark since there's no frost on the ground.

Gotta catch a flight to San Fran-sicko in a couple of hours, so I'm just killing time before I go.

TOTD: We've got a Sams club and a Costco. I haven't been in Costco yet, but going into Sams makes the wife angry because of all the stupid people. So we usually don't go.

In FL I liked BJ's
Marriage will do that to ya.

linda22003
11-18-2008, 08:08 AM
going into Sams makes the wife angry because of all the stupid people.

Stupid, in what way?

asdf2231
11-18-2008, 08:29 AM
17 fracking degrees with a windchill that makes it feel like 8. I miss my global warming. :( We are going to have a heckuva winter here.

TOTD

Our kid's school has a program called "Market Day" where they sell all kinds of food stuffs in bulk amounts so we actually let our Sam's Club membership lapse a few years back.

There are enough huge grocery stores near us that if we need something in bulk that Market Day doesn't have we can pick it up in the food service aisles at them.

lurkalot
11-18-2008, 09:19 AM
define "near"... :cool:

Celtic Rose
11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Tuesday means we are almost half way through the week :p

TOTD: We have Costco around here.

SaintLouieWoman
11-18-2008, 09:34 AM
The greyhounds didn't spend much time outside this morning. They came in quickly, way too cold for them. In fact, only Xena and Darlene went out. Blue is still in bed snoozing.

Costco's employees are more polite, they actually neatly box whatever you buy and the merchandise generally seems more fresh. I've never bought in bulk before, preferring the regular stores. The Costco is about 15 miles from us. The Sam's is about 2 miles, but we generally go to Costco's more often.

Sometimes it's more reasonable to pick up the loss-leaders at the local chains (Schnuck's and Dierberg's) and use coupons.

biccat
11-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Stupid, in what way?

Stupid - inconsiderate.

Don't know how to park, cut you off in aisles, that kind of crap.

I never hated wal-mart shoppers until I went to.the one near the house. Obnoxious pricks the lot of em!

Note that I'm eating chinese food and drinking shitty beer in Chinatown atm. Alcohol & blackberry dne erudite biccat.

RobJohnson
11-19-2008, 01:43 AM
define "near"... :cool:

Exactly.

I am not quite as far from things as you....but it's still an hours drive up and down a great bill hill they call a "mountain"

I don't need a 10 lb bag of pretzels or a 55 gallon drum of coffee filters...so it's not a big deal.

wilbur
11-19-2008, 01:50 AM
We've got Sam's, BJ's and Costco.... we hit up Costco for the cheap gas... none of the others here have it.