PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst trait in the opposite sex?

FuroraCeltica
06-17-2008, 10:28 AM
You have the floor people :)

Gingersnap
06-17-2008, 11:14 AM
It's hard to say. I get along better with men so I tend to overlook the negatives unless they are glaring and that's an individual problem.

On the plus side, I like the directness in communication that men display. They don't expect you to be psychic. I also like the fairness angle. You get into a dust-up with a man and once it's settled, it's over.

You fail to notice a 6 pound weight loss with a woman and she'll be reminding you of your callous attitude for years. :D

linda22003
06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I like the directness in communication that men display. They don't expect you to be psychic. I also like the fairness angle. You get into a dust-up with a man and once it's settled, it's over.

You fail to notice a 6 pound weight loss with a woman and she'll be reminding you of your callous attitude for years. :D

I completely agree with the first part of your post. As to the second part, why bring Shannon into this? :p

Gingersnap
06-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I completely agree with the first part of your post. As to the second part, why bring Shannon into this? :p

Oops! :D.......

LogansPapa
06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Best Trait for a Woman: Compassion. No real need to elaborate on this one - men just canít begin to grasp the capacity.

Worst Trait for a Woman: Black shoe envy. Even God doesnít understand having 15 pairs of black shoes.

Best Trait for a Man: Honor. Loyalty is the cement of societies.

Worst Trait for a Man: Callousness. Given the right circumstance, at the right time - a man is capable of anything. And not always at the mercy of "the better angels of our nature."

BSR
06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Best= BOOBIES !!!!

worst= talking..

linda22003
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM
[Worst Trait for a Woman: Black shoe envy. Even God doesnít understand having 15 pairs of black shoes.

Assuming God is male, there's no way He could.

jendf
06-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Best male trait: their strength--physically and emotionally (remaining calm and in control during times of crisis)

Worst male trait: being a bastard (lying, cheating, selfish bastards)

That might qualify as three worst male traits.

This might have not been the best time to ask me about the worst male traits.

linda22003
06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
It sounds like you need a good session of shoe shopping, Jen. I recommend black, in several styles.

jendf
06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
It sounds like you need a good session of shoe shopping, Jen. I recommend black, in several styles.

:D

Shannon
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM

At least 15.

noonwitch
06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I hate the way so many guys miss the toilet. I had a new a/c installed about a week and a half ago, and the guy used my bathroom. I had to clean around the toilet afterwards.

I like it that men don't have mood swings like women do (except for bipolar men).

PS: I don't have 15 pairs of black shoes, yet, but I am always looking for more.

BSR
06-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I hate the way so many guys miss the toilet. I had a new a/c installed about a week and a half ago, and the guy used my bathroom. I had to clean around the toilet afterwards.

I like it that men don't have mood swings like women do (except for bipolar men).

PS: I don't have 15 pairs of black shoes, yet, but I am always looking for more.

That is why my wife installed a drain in the middle of the floor, so She could hose the room down.

LogansPapa
06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
For men- accuracy isnít important, as long as we hit something.

FuroraCeltica
06-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Best= BOOBIES !!!!

worst= talking..

Spoken like a true male feminist :D

For me, the best has to be what I call "wholesomeness": just a girl who gives off the air of being decent and nice.

The worst is being harsh/unkind

Phillygirl
06-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Worst trait in women...crying. I just came back from court and I had two women crying...the opposing party and the opposing counsel. Seriously people...THERE IS NO CRYING IN THE LAW!!!

Worst trait in men....even worst if they are cryers. Unless your child or wife is/has died (within 7 days of the crying event) DON"T CRY!!! At least not in front of me.

BSR
06-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Spoken like a true male feminist :D

For me, the best has to be what I call "wholesomeness": just a girl who gives off the air of being decent and nice.

The worst is being harsh/unkind

What can I say? Im a 12 year old trapped in a 32 year old's body.

LogansPapa
06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Worst trait in men....even worst if they are cryers. Unless your child or wife is/has died (within 7 days of the crying event) DON"T CRY!!! At least not in front of me.

Wow. Philly's tough. :( (I'm going to have myself a good cry now.)

gator
06-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Worst trait in women...crying. I just came back from court and I had two women crying...the opposing party and the opposing counsel. Seriously people...THERE IS NO CRYING IN THE LAW!!!

Men can cry for the right things.

I had tears in my eyes a couple of weeks ago watching the MOH presentation.

I had tears in my eyes last Saturday when I received a very moving letter from one of the soldiers that we support in Iraq.

Showing emotion for the right thing is a sign of strength. Just don't over do it.

Molon Labe
06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Women

Best Trait: Empathy. They always make my hard nosed stances on things a little softer after I settle down and listen to their side. Then I start to understand someone's problem a little better.

Worst trait: Catty Spiteful: (malicious gossipers) I know this isn't limited to woman, but good god.....I can't count the number offices I've worked in that is ripe with spiteful women talking about so and so. I've seen women that would kill each other over a "butter bean sandwich". :D (southern lingo)

Men

worst: We lack empathy

best: We prefer reason to emotion....not always a good thing but it keeps girls grounded...so my better half says.

Phillygirl
06-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Men can cry for the right things.

I had tears in my eyes a couple of weeks ago watching the MOH presentation.

I had tears in my eyes last Saturday when I received a very moving letter from one of the soldiers that we support in Iraq.

Showing emotion for the right thing is a sign of strength. Just don't over do it.

Tearing up on appropriate matters...acceptable. Bawling in front of me (except for the aforementioned issues)...totally unacceptable.

If you are here to see me about retaining me as your attorney....for god's sake don't cry...save that for your therapist. They're hourly rates are cheaper anyway.

But crying when you receive my bill is acceptable and expected. :)

LogansPapa
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM

Buaaaaahahahaaaa!:D (outstanding)

Teetop
06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Tearing up on appropriate matters...acceptable. Bawling in front of me (except for the aforementioned issues)...totally unacceptable.

If you are here to see me about retaining me as your attorney....for god's sake don't cry...save that for your therapist. They're hourly rates are cheaper anyway.

And attorneys wonder why most people hate them...

:p

Female
Best; the smell and feel of a woman you love
Worst; non-stop yapping about nothing. j/k

Male
Best; strength.
Worst; bragging.

DarkScribe
06-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Okay...here's goes...(and I will respond of the opposite sex):

Best: Empathy, I think, emotional openness. Most men--not all--seem too closed up about showing emotions usually.

Worst: Thinking they're fat when they're NOT. :p

Phillygirl
06-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Interesting thread. Wondering...do you all find it attractive when the person of the opposite sex possesses qualities of your own sex that you don't expect to find in the opposite sex? For example: for women, do you find it attractive when the man is empathetic? And for men, do you find it attractive when a woman is more rational and logical than emotional?

DarkScribe
06-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Interesting thread. Wondering...do you all find it attractive when the person of the opposite sex possesses qualities of your own sex that you don't expect to find in the opposite sex? For example: for women, do you find it attractive when the man is empathetic? And for men, do you find it attractive when a woman is more rational and logical than emotional?

Hmmm...interesting. Possibly. I mean, I fell in love with Shannon because her meanness is so...attractive. :D

lurkalot
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
worst in men: not being able to read between the lines
worst in women: expecting men to be able to read between the lines.

best in men: protectiveness, wanting to fix whatever is wrong.
best in women: empathy

Jumpy
06-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Best trait in men- Besides the obvious physical traits, (butts, shoulders, chests, eyes) they tend to be straightforward and shy away from drama.

Worst trait in men - They don't want to listen to me talk talk talk talk. They shy away from my drama. :mad:

OHHH... and they pretend they want to snuggle, but what they really want is to sex. You can't just hug them, or snuggle with them without them thinking it needs to end in sex.

biccat
06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Best= BOOBIES !!!!

worst= talking..
Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Tearing up on appropriate matters...acceptable.
I cried during Bambi, is that an acceptable time to tear up?

That doe looked delicious!

Phillygirl
06-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I cried during Bambi, is that an acceptable time to tear up?

That doe looked delicious!

As long as you were tearing up in appreciation of a good venison steak!!

Off topic...a judge was interviewing an 8 year old today. She lives on a farm. She mentioned that they have 2 bulls and the judge asked her what her father was going to do with them. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "maybe we'll eat them". I was sort of horrified at the thought, but kept it to myself. We all sort of chuckled. Then the judge asked if they had names. And she said "Yes. One is T-Bone and the other is Sirloin". I'm guessing they are going to eat them.

MstrBlue
06-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Best in women: Personal strength. There is nothing so attractive to me, than a woman that is strong, knows she is strong, and is capable of being a woman within that strength.

Worst in a woman: Expecting her man to know what she means when she speaks (and it is rarely what she says). If you want to say something, then say what you mean, and mean what you say, because that is how I am going to respond.

Best in men: Self-control. Do not tell me that you can fight in combat, but cannot kill a spider. Deal with it.

Worst in men: Liars. I cannot stand them. It is so much easier to tell the truth. And you do not have to keep track of what lies you have told to whom.

FuroraCeltica
06-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I tell you what are three instant turn offs for me

1) if a girl smokes

2) if a girl is hairy (monobrow, moustache etc) (lets not go there)

3) if a girl talks down to you

Space Gravy
06-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Best = Kindness

Worst = Competitiveness

InspiredHome
06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Guys

Best: into things that interest me the most: sports, outdoors, etc.
Worst: Trying to fix a problem instead of just listening with empathy

Gals
Best: Natural nurturers
Worst: Women in groups are catty and obsess too much over trivial things like clothes and makeup

I'd rather hang out with the male species any day.

Shannon
06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Guys

Worst: Trying to fix a problem instead of just listening with empathy

I have never understood why this is a problem for women. If I'm telling the man in my life about a problem it's because I want it fixed. I don't even want to know their feelings on the "problem". I want it to be fixed. My common line is "just make it happen".

InspiredHome
06-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I have never understood why this is a problem for women. If I'm telling the man in my life about a problem it's because I want it fixed. I don't even want to know their feelings on the "problem". I want it to be fixed. My common line is "just make it happen".

Most of the time I just want to vent. My husband does and I listen patiently so I'd expect the same of him!

Penguins Fan
06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
The worst trait in women is their insatiable appetite for those fucking celebrity rag magazines that permeate every supermarket checkout line.
I hate those g*ddamned things! I don't give a shit about those Hollywood assholes.

The worst trait in men used to be crying and whining over thinning hair, but since it became fashionable and cool to shave it off and go bald, I would now say that inappropriate belching and farting top the list.

FuroraCeltica
06-20-2008, 07:47 AM
The worst trait in women is their insatiable appetite for those fucking celebrity rag magazines that permeate every supermarket checkout line.
I hate those g*ddamned things! I don't give a shit about those Hollywood assholes.

Speaking of Hollywood celebrities, makes me wonder how this thread would play out over at the DUmp.

Presumably it would be "what traits do you like most in a life partner", which would include things like "commitment to social and economic justice", "not interested in gender stereotypic child rearing etc".