PDA

View Full Version : Most Relaxing Video Games?

Gingersnap
11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
We all know about challenging, exciting, or frustrating video games (and probably play some) but what are your favorite relaxing video games?

PoliCon
11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
We all know about challenging, exciting, or frustrating video games (and probably play some) but what are your favorite relaxing video games?galactic empire II :) Nothing like conquring the known universe to make me feel relaxed.

megimoo
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
We all know about challenging, exciting, or frustrating video games (and probably play some) but what are your favorite relaxing video games?Gears of War.

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/default.htm

enslaved1
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I find putting my crosshairs between the eyes of some shmuck in a different colored uniform 100 yards awayand watching them collapse in Urban Terror (http://www.urbanterror.net) very relaxing.

Gingersnap
11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm looking for non-shooter games. If I want the deep pleasures of mayhem and conquest I'll play Call of Duty. :D

PoliCon
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm looking for non-shooter games. If I want the deep pleasures of mayhem and conquest I'll play Call of Duty. :Dwhich is why I like Galactic Civ. II no shooting but all the rewards of conquest.

Speedy
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
For a non-hectic, low body count time, I'll play something like Sim City 3000 or Prison Tycoon. Years ago I used to play one called The Incredible Machine which would assign you a task and you had to engineer a solution using ramps, rubber bands, venitian blinds, bicycle riding monkeys, marbles, chutes and funnels.

PoliCon
11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I also play Tetris on my phone from time to time

enslaved1
11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm looking for non-shooter games. If I want the deep pleasures of mayhem and conquest I'll play Call of Duty. :D

You just said relaxing, are you really surprised some of us took advantage? :cool:

movie buff
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
That's kind of hard. There aren't many relaxing games.
However, one which I'm currently playing which can be relaxing is "Spider- Man 2" for Xbox. See, in addition to the story mode missions, this game has an entire laundry list of side missions you can go on, and some can be exciting (i.e. stopping armored car robberies, breaking up gang wars) or good tests of skill (i.e. the potentially VERY tricky "Boat rescue" missions), but there are also other side missions that are much more relaxing, that you can do easily at your leisure (i.e. finding hidden tokens around the city), or you could just swing around and explore New York, recreated with amazing detail in the game.

Molon Labe
11-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Deer Hunter. Relaxing in virtual wilderness. Ain't much action in that game.

megimoo
11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
We all know about challenging, exciting, or frustrating video games (and probably play some) but what are your favorite relaxing video games?

Wii Music Score 6.5 fair
Wii Music will have you moving your body and making music using the Wii Remote and Balance Board
............Swing and Sway with Sammy Kay !

Troll
11-19-2008, 06:31 PM
The original Mario Paint.
Final Fantasy IX.
Any of the Wii sport games.

Sonnabend
11-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Myst Uru

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/Cerriadh/duckionbbl.jpg