PDA

View Full Version : The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy got Dan Blather!

PoliCon
11-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Republicans Vetted Dan Rather Panel

So it turns out "crazy" old Dan Rather has turned up some actual, you know, evidence for his theory of a vast right-wing conspiracy to take him down at CBS News four years ago: CBS memos show the guy who led the "investigation" into Rather's 60 Minutes story on the president's Air National Guard service was appointed after getting "high marks from the G.O.P." Another Republican was rejected after being deemed not sufficiently right-wing by a CBS lobbyist and executives. Craven CBS News suits even considered having Rather's work reviewed by Ann Coulter and various other terrible right-wing demagogues:

Another memorandum turned over to Mr. Rather’s lawyers by CBS was a long typed list of conservative commentators apparently receiving some preliminary consideration as panel members, including Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Ann Coulter and Pat Buchanan. At the bottom of that list, someone had scribbled “Roger Ailes,” the founder of Fox News.

Why would CBS give the right-wing official sanction to ream one of its most respected journalists? It was being called names! On the internet!http://gawker.com/5090068/republicans-vetted-dan-rather-panel

BSR
11-18-2008, 05:46 PM
So a Republican is brought in to investigate because it would be a conflict of interest for a Democrat to come in and investigate and that is proof of a VRWC? :confused:

Sonnabend
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
“CBS News, fairly or unfairly, had a reputation for liberal bias,”

"HAD"??? :rolleyes:

expat-pattaya
11-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't care who got him. And I still think he should have served jail time for trying to subvert our political system. If only I could thnk of an actual law to prosecute him with.

Oh heack, lets play DU and jail him just because :D

PoliCon
11-19-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't care who got him. And I still think he should have served jail time for trying to subvert our political system. If only I could thnk of an actual law to prosecute him with.

Oh heack, lets play DU and jail him just because :Dwell . . . if we jail blather - what are we going to have to do with Matthews and his orgasms?

Speedy
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
well . . . if we jail blather - what are we going to have to do with Matthews and his orgasms?

Well, Matthews, tingly leg and all, has not made up stories completely out of whole cloth in support of Obama. He just wets the crotch of his panties everytime he mentions The One's name.

PoliCon
11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
lol point taken.

expat-pattaya
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Well, Matthews, tingly leg and all, has not made up stories completely out of whole cloth in support of Obama. He just wets the crotch of his panties everytime he mentions The One's name.

:D:eek:;)