PDA

View Full Version : Dem Lawmaker Complains Taxpayer Is Paying For Trump’s Unhealthy Diet

Banacek
02-18-2017, 04:10 PM
A Democratic congressman took a dig at President Donald Trump’s penchant for junk food in a hearing about food stamps Thursday.

“I Googled Donald Trump’s eating habits. It’s not a pretty picture,” Massachusetts Rep. Jim McGovern said during in a hearing of the House Committee on Agriculture.

The committee was considering whether to start limiting banning junk food purchases for people using Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, also called food stamps.

“Maybe we ought to begin with a pilot project for limiting unhealthy food at the White House, because we all pay for that. The taxpayers pay for that.” McGovern said, pointing out the folly of forcing people to purchase only healthy foods

Yeah, but eating this stuff means the White House cooking staff could be reduced and save the taxpayer some money!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/16/dem-congressman-taxpayers-are-funding-trumps-unhealthy-diet/#ixzz4YtbFKiCQ

Adam Wood
02-19-2017, 02:10 AM
“Maybe we ought to begin with a pilot project for limiting unhealthy food at the White House, because we all pay for that. The taxpayers pay for that.” No, taxpayers don't pay for that, you moron. Taxpayers pay for official meals (mostly things like state dinners), but the President pays for his own meals otherwise.

SVPete
02-19-2017, 03:08 PM
The MSM ignored Barack's and Mooch-chelle's dietary hypocrisy and didn't laugh that fool's silliness into silence? After another near-decade of WJC's appetite for fast-food that was only exceeded by his appetite for ... .

Why am I not surprised? I've posted here or on the Cave that if the MSM got ahold of DJT's BM schedule they'd politicize that. Reality is literalizing hyperbole. Is there anything Trump can't do?!

RobJohnson
02-21-2017, 04:59 AM
My goodness they won't stop looking for ways to try and attack President Trump.