PDA

View Full Version : Trash to $100,000 treasure: Cash found in old TV set

SarasotaRepub
02-18-2017, 10:53 PM
By Andreas Preuss, CNN
Updated 9:31 AM ET, Thu February 16, 2017

(CNN) Wires and tubes and lots of glass and plastic, that's what TV recyclers usually find inside old sets. But for one worker in Canada, the discovery of a secret box helped jar the memory of a forgotten inheritance.

More than $100,000 in cash was found inside a television that was being processed at an Ontario recycling plant in January, CNN partner CTV Network (http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/100-000-found-inside-old-tv-at-ontario-recycling-plant-1.3287497) reported this week. The money was found inside a cash box, stashed into the TV console.

"There was like, four stacks of $50 bills, and I knew it was a large amount of money," Rick Deschamps, general manager of the plant told CTV. Deschamps praised his employee for being honest and turning the box over to authorities.

Along with the money, there were documents that led police to the unidentified 68-year old owner of the TV, who told investigators that he gave the set to a friend 30 years ago. He had apparently forgotten that the money was inside.

Wow! (http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/canada-100k-found-in-tv-set-trnd/index.html)

RobJohnson
02-18-2017, 11:36 PM
My goodness, how does one forget about 100k?

Rockntractor
02-18-2017, 11:39 PM
By putting it in their TV and then watching too much TV.

FlaGator
02-18-2017, 11:41 PM
I forgot that I stashed away $1600. I put it in an envelope and stuck it in the back of a desk drawer that I rarely used. I came across it 6 years later when I was hunting for something (not the money) and found the unmarked envelope. Joy Joy!

SaintLouieWoman
02-19-2017, 01:45 AM
I forgot that I stashed away $1600. I put it in an envelope and stuck it in the back of a desk drawer that I rarely used. I came across it 6 years later when I was hunting for something (not the money) and found the unmarked envelope. Joy Joy!

Your find is better than mine. I found $10 in a pocket once and was thrilled. :biggrin-new:

Dan D. Doty
02-19-2017, 11:53 AM

When you have too much fucking money ...

noonwitch
02-21-2017, 01:20 PM

I know people who used to do drugs, and after he got sober, one of them found several stashes of money that he'd put away for emergency buys. It was more like a couple of twenties here and there, not $1600, but still, he felt good finding it.