PDA

View Full Version : Roommate wanted: No Trump supporters

SarasotaRepub
02-19-2017, 02:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Morons. (http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/18/politics/trump-roommate-clause-cnntv/index.html)

By Alexandra King (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/alexandra-king), CNN
Updated 8:33 AM ET, Sun February 19, 2017

(CNN) When 23-year-old Sahar Kian needed a roommate for her home near Georgetown University, she turned to Craigslist. Among her house rules? No alcohol, pets or meat products. And no supporters of President Donald Trump.

"Look at me, I'm brown. I'm a woman. I am somebody who is heavily reliant on Obama's pre-existing condition clause," Kian said, referring to the Affordable Care Act, which bars insurers from banning people with pre-existing medical conditions or asking them to pay higher premiums. High on Trump's to-do list is repealing the law.

Kian added that having a Trump supporter for a roommate would make for a "hostile environment" -- especially for her other roommates who are immigrants.

SVPete
02-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Well, if it's private housing, she has the right to do this AFAIK. If it's Section 8 housing, that could be more complicated (and I do wonder how many social programs are part of her way of life).

Personally, even if I had not voted for Trump, I'd stay away from her. How hyper-sensitive is she, and to how many more things?

SaintLouieWoman
02-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Can you imagine the uproar if a conservative white American posted an ad reading "No brown people, no Clinton supporters, no immigrants?" Probably posting on Craig's list, she's given away her location to any ICE people who might be checking out the status of the immigrants already there. She's making their job easier.

SarasotaRepub
02-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Can you imagine the uproar if a conservative white American posted an ad reading "No brown people, no Clinton supporters, no immigrants?"

The person would immediately be labeled a bigot, hater, monster and would
be attacked by the peaceful Liberal scum! :smile-new:

SVPete
02-19-2017, 05:01 PM
The person would immediately be labeled a bigot, hater, monster and would
be attacked by the peaceful Liberal scum! :smile-new:

You forgot hamster-raper.

SarasotaRepub
02-20-2017, 11:08 AM
You forgot hamster-raper.

Dang! :biggrin-new:

NJCardFan
02-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Well, if it's private housing, she has the right to do this AFAIK. If it's Section 8 housing, that could be more complicated (and I do wonder how many social programs are part of her way of life).

Personally, even if I had not voted for Trump, I'd stay away from her. How hyper-sensitive is she, and to how many more things?

Trump supporters work so you don't have to worry about that.

SVPete
02-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Trump supporters work so you don't have to worry about that.

I think the terms of Section 8 forbid subletting, but I'm sure some/many Section 8 tenants do it anyway, and some local oversight bureaucrats look the other way.

RobJohnson
02-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Probably posting on Craig's list, she's given away her location to any ICE people who might be checking out the status of the immigrants already there. She's making their job easier.

Very true!