PDA

View Full Version : Found It! Mustang

eismann82
03-05-2017, 11:20 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/02/lost-bullitt-ford-mustang-allegedly-found-in-mexico.html lost McQueen Bullitt mustang found in Mexico.

sent from thundera

Dlr Pyro
03-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Best car chase scene ever

https://vimeo.com/110651370

eismann82
03-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Mustang kicked that chargers ass

sent from thundera

Retread
03-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Mustang kicked that chargers ass

sent from thundera

That's debatable ---The chase came off as planned. I personally drove a '57 Plymouth Fury and a '58 Pontiac Bonneville that could have taken either one if they were doing their best in the filming.

This serves me up the idea of the kid who saw that movie when it came out and the old fart watching the clip today have much different thoughts when watching it. Then I'm sure I was swaying in my seat in the corners, checking down the side streets for other vehicle either getting in the way or coming in on one side or the other.
Now I note: the same blue station wagon in three different scenes, the 'passing the green bug' scene shot from five different cameras and presented as sequential happenings, the note of the Charger bouncing the right front fender off a parked car and not showing the damage in later shots, the same white Pontiac in two different scenes one of which was filmed from multiple cameras and presented as sequential, the Charger being bounced between truck and side rail and yet showing no damage to either side a few seconds later.

I hope the guy proves out to have the right auto!

eismann82
03-05-2017, 07:54 PM
That's debatable ---The chase came off as planned. I personally drove a '57 Plymouth Fury and a '58 Pontiac Bonneville that could have taken either one if they were doing their best in the filming.

This serves me up the idea of the kid who saw that movie when it came out and the old fart watching the clip today have much different thoughts when watching it. Then I'm sure I was swaying in my seat in the corners, checking down the side streets for other vehicle either getting in the way or coming in on one side or the other.
Now I note: the same blue station wagon in three different scenes, the 'passing the green bug' scene shot from five different cameras and presented as sequential happenings, the note of the Charger bouncing the right front fender off a parked car and not showing the damage in later shots, the same white Pontiac in two different scenes one of which was filmed from multiple cameras and presented as sequential, the Charger being bounced between truck and side rail and yet showing no damage to either side a few seconds later.

I hope the guy proves out to have the right auto!
I haven't seen it in it's entirety but I'm going to stream it next weekend when I get the time. But I think you've seen it too many times [emoji2]

sent from thundera

Dlr Pyro
03-05-2017, 11:24 PM
I read that the scene at 4:05 where McQueen missed the right turn and had to back up was originally thought to be something that would have ended up on the cutting room floor, but when the director saw it, and the drama of McQueen backing up to correct, he decided to leave it in as shot.

I think this stands as a great car chase scene since it was before CGI and other special effects. Makes you wonder if the cars on the streets in the city scenes were all movie props to cars belonging to John Q Public and the studios took a chance.

eismann82
03-05-2017, 11:57 PM
Back when they could do that without a million forms and permits. I'd like to know the cost of that scene and compare it to today's mostly cgi scenes

sent from thundera

cadillac shark
03-06-2017, 12:01 AM
Bill Hickman, the stunt-driver of the Charger, was an absolute Hollywood-badass. Look at his body of work:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382707/

Every project has a man's man element to it. Most noticeably: obscurity... meaning; I don't give a rat's ass for fame. Just gimme a paycheck.

Well, subtract half-a-point for Disney's The Love Bug.

Retread
03-06-2017, 12:10 AM
I read that the scene at 4:05 where McQueen missed the right turn and had to back up was originally thought to be something that would have ended up on the cutting room floor, but when the director saw it, and the drama of McQueen backing up to correct, he decided to leave it in as shot.

I think this stands as a great car chase scene since it was before CGI and other special effects. Makes you wonder if the cars on the streets in the city scenes were all movie props to cars belonging to John Q Public and the studios took a chance.

I fully believe those were all closed streets and employees in props. Too many of the vehicles repeated in multiple scenes. BTW - all my notes re: green bug, Pontiac, wagon came from watching the clip presented here in post 2 and they could have benefited greatly from a continuity girl. I haven't watched the movie since shortly after it hit the theaters. Probably in a drive-in.
After participating in the filming of some scenes in Bonnie & Clyde in my home town I picked up on a lot of these things.

Retread
03-06-2017, 12:13 AM
Bill Hickman, the stunt-driver of the Charger, was an absolute Hollywood-badass. Look at his body of work:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382707/

Every project has a man's man element to it. Most noticeably: obscurity... meaning; I don't give a rat's ass for fame. Just gimme a paycheck.

Hickman was a recognized individual far beyond the normal stunt man. If you saw his very recognizable face come on screen, you sat up straight and paid attention.

RobJohnson
03-06-2017, 01:21 AM

:rotfl:

RobJohnson
03-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Best car chase scene ever

https://vimeo.com/110651370

That was awesome.

noonwitch
03-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Mustangs are awesome. My mom drove a 67 red one with a black hardtop when I was a kid. It was sweet. Now she drives a 2013 red Mustang convertible, that she bought with her inheritance when Grandpa died.

Maybe Henry Ford Museum has one like that. They have some cool cars, but it's been a while since I've been there.

Dlr Pyro
03-06-2017, 10:34 AM
I fully believe those were all closed streets and employees in props. Too many of the vehicles repeated in multiple scenes. BTW - all my notes re: green bug, Pontiac, wagon came from watching the clip presented here in post 2 and they could have benefited greatly from a continuity girl. I haven't watched the movie since shortly after it hit the theaters. Probably in a drive-in.
After participating in the filming of some scenes in Bonnie & Clyde in my home town I picked up on a lot of these things.
I should have been more clear about if all of the cars parked along the streets were placed there by the studios, or if they were just cars belonging to the public. There is one scene about 4:02 where the Charger does sideswipe a parked car.

Retread
03-06-2017, 11:18 AM
I should have been more clear about if all of the cars parked along the streets were placed there by the studios, or if they were just cars belonging to the public. There is one scene about 4:02 where the Charger does sideswipe a parked car.

Oops! I just reread it and should have got that part. It was the practice of the time to just close the street and leave it be unless they needed to make changes for a period piece. So... I will bet a resident did get damage and, hopefully, recompensed.
That and the truck sideswipe scene were made out of sequence as noted by the lack of damages in later scenes.

eismann82
03-07-2017, 07:37 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/06/ford-mustang-found-in-mexican-junkyard-is-from-bullitt-expert-confirms.html now it's really real they confirmed the Bullitt mustang is the real one

sent from thundera