PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't he been replaced

eismann82
03-05-2017, 11:25 PM
The Washington Post: FBI Director Comey asked Justice officials to refute Trump's unproven wiretapping claim. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIww8OUvzQ I'm sure everyone has heard this on the news. Why would he be kept on ?. He doesn't seem very loyal or sure footed.

sent from thundera

Apocalypse
03-05-2017, 11:34 PM
I've wondered that my self.

The libs wanted his head after the pre-elections letter. His slanted handling of Hillary's server scandal done him in - in regards to Conservatives. Neither side really trust him.

To that President Trump should have wanted to try and heal the rift, and leaving Comey only angered the left further.

old dog
03-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Maybe he is like J. Edgar Hoover (has something on everybody) and enjoys the notoriety and control of occasionally throwing a monkey wrench into the works.

SaintLouieWoman
03-06-2017, 01:00 AM
Maybe he is like J. Edgar Hoover (has something on everybody) and enjoys the notoriety and control of occasionally throwing a monkey wrench into the works.

You're probably getting too close to the truth there. Also, Comey takes care of Comey. He's probably looking at his retirement and wants to keep increasing his take. He'll probably try to hold on to his job as long as possible. Trump should have fired him right away.

RobJohnson
03-06-2017, 01:11 AM

You might be right.

eismann82
03-06-2017, 01:11 PM
I think Comey might be connected to some of the wire taps and wants it to go away

sent from thundera

eismann82
03-06-2017, 01:14 PM
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-wiretap-trump-tower-media-claims-provides-no-evidence/ Comey shouldn't be around much longer

sent from thundera

Apocalypse
03-06-2017, 01:41 PM
I think Comey might be connected to some of the wire taps and wants it to go away

sent from thunderaI think Comey has been playing all the sides. He did as obama wanted when he was in power. He did what he needed to aid Hillary when it looked like a sure bet she would be president. He issued that letter to congress when the polls started showing the races tightening. Now it's coming back to haunt him.

noonwitch
03-06-2017, 02:35 PM

I had that same thought. He probably has a lot of blackmail material on people in both parties.

FlaGator
03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
I suspect he will be gone soon enough now. I also agree that he might have some culpability in any potential wire tapping. I am not saying this is certain, I'm merely stating that I can see this as a possibility.

Rockntractor
03-06-2017, 04:02 PM
The Washington Post: FBI Director Comey asked Justice officials to refute Trump's unproven wiretapping claim. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIww8OUvzQ I'm sure everyone has heard this on the news. Why would he be kept on ?. He doesn't seem very loyal or sure footed.

sent from thunderaThis is a good question he should not only be removed but investigated and charged if it is found he is lying to the president.

DumbAss Tanker
03-06-2017, 05:08 PM
As I understand it, he asked the AG to refute by stating DOJ didn't have any such wiretapping going on, now or earlier. I.e. either just main Justice (Exclusive of the FBI itself) or all of DOJ that doesn't work for Comey, which includes other agencies outside the FBI but still belonging to DOJ. All his call is good when you boil it down is a left-handed disavowal that FBI itself had any such investigation going on.

It is worth noting that the Federal law enforcement agencies have a statutory 'Right to lie' about pending investigations, they can claim there is no investigation on a particular issue of target even when there damn' sure is one, but they just don't want to talk about it.

Rockntractor
03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
As I understand it, he asked the AG to refute by stating DOJ didn't have any such wiretapping going on, now or earlier. I.e. either just main Justice (Exclusive of the FBI itself) or all of DOJ that doesn't work for Comey, which includes other agencies outside the FBI but still belonging to DOJ. All his call is good when you boil it down is a left-handed disavowal that FBI itself had any such investigation going on.

It is worth noting that the Federal law enforcement agencies have a statutory 'Right to lie' about pending investigations, they can claim there is no investigation on a particular issue of target even when there damn' sure is one, but they just don't want to talk about it.
He can't lie to the president though.