PDA

View Full Version : Offender pardoned by Obama was killed after release

eismann82
03-06-2017, 12:12 AM
http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/01/25/drug-offender-pardoned-obama-shot-dead-michigan-upon-release/

sent from thundera

RobJohnson
03-06-2017, 01:14 AM
The young man had begun serving out the rest of his probation in a Saginaw, MI halfway house when two men broke into the home, held over a dozen people hostage and executed Thomas before escaping. No one else was injured and the police are still seeking the assailants.

That totally sucks. :blue:

SVPete
03-06-2017, 09:48 AM
That was 5 or 6 weeks ago. DU-folk had a thread about it claiming, predictably, that :rolleyes: Trump's death squads :rolleyes: were going after people :rolleyes: whose sentences had been commuted by Obama :rolleyes: .

I noticed, at the time, that none of the news reports had even a rudimentary description of the perps - height, build, M/F, hair color/texture, skin color. I follow it for 2 or 3 weeks, nothing. I just checked, nothing. I infer that to mean that the perps aren't white Fundie Gun-Humping Trump voters.

noonwitch
03-06-2017, 10:12 AM
People don't generally think of Saginaw as a high crime city, but it is. I generally don't go there, it's somewhere I drive through on I-75 on my way north. But there is a facility for juvenile delinquents there and I had a kid who was there a couple of years ago. I went looking for a restaurant for lunch and found nothing but empty factories. I ended up at Big Boy in Bridgeport.

SVPete
03-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Bob's Big Boy is still in business?

noonwitch
03-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Bob's Big Boy is still in business?

They were never Bob's Big Boy in MI. They used to be Elias Brothers' Big Boy, but have been simply Big Boy for a while now. A lot of their restaurants have closed in the past decade, though. There used to be one near my house, it's closed. They used to have them at more exits on MI freeways. I think that they have too much competition these days, with Cracker Barrel and other chains expanding in Michigan. I think there is only one or two left in metro Grand Rapids.