PDA

View Full Version : Windy Wednesday.

Gingersnap
11-19-2008, 09:50 AM
We will be breezy and unusually warm today but the bottom will drop out of the weather picture tonight with freezing rain, sleet, etc.

TOTD: Are you a technophile? Do you get (or very much want) all the newest gadgets? Are you an early adopter for new computer and game platforms? Do you upgrade your cell phones often? Are you the owner of plasma TVs, Blu Ray, iPhones, a Blackberry, and similar stuff?

Conversely, are you the opposite? Do you wait until long after widespread adoption before you invest in new technology? Do you ever just reject some technology because it isn't relevant to your life?

I have yet to own a personal cell phone (I sometimes use them for work). It's like living in a society with a 98% vaccination rate: I don't need one because everyone else already has one. :D

linda22003
11-19-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm certainly not a technophile, and I don't think I'm a technophobe (although my husband says I have "change management issues" with technologies). I just don't adopt things that have nothing to do with my life. I don't care about an MP3 player. I don't care about an iPhone. I don't care about a Wii.

My father was always an early-adopter of technology, which means he paid almost $1000 for a microwave oven back in the 1970s, and about $300 for a small calculator back then. Then he started only using the technologies that mattered to him. That means he's never used an ATM; he's been retired ever since they came into use, and he can go to the bank anytime when it's open, so he has never needed one. :)

Living in La
11-19-2008, 09:58 AM
TOTD: My hubby is an IT and I think we are the most technologically backwards people on our block. I carried a huge cell phone until I realized blue tooth really does make it easier for me to multi-task (not to mention I have RA which makes hold the phone for any length of time difficult). I will have to buy a new phone though since I think I may have dropped it one too many times. Don't own any of the toys but did recently upgrade the computer when the mother board literally fried on the old on we had been piecing together for five years. Our kids are a different story, but they bought the iPod and Zoon on their own.

Lars1701a
11-19-2008, 10:42 AM
WISH ME LUCK i am going to court for a default hearing for my divorce, I am hoping she dont show up :)

Gingersnap
11-19-2008, 10:48 AM
WISH ME LUCK i am going to court for a default hearing for my divorce, I am hoping she dont show up :)

Good luck! :D

RobJohnson
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Sunny and high 70's.

TOTD: Not really, my beta max still works just fine.