PDA

View Full Version : Oakland carnival turns to anarchy as thug teens attack workers, steal prizes

Banacek
03-16-2017, 03:50 PM
A California carnival erupted into pandemonium over the weekend in Oakland after a mob of teens began attacking carnival workers and taking anything that wasn’t bolted down, making off with over $30,000 in merchandise.

Hundreds of teens began stealing prizes at the Butler Carnival Saturday night, climbing on kiosks and booths to grab whatever they wanted without repercussion with no police or security in sight.

Carnival workers say that some of their own were attacked in the incident.

“One of our guys got hit with a brick and had to go to the hospital because the guy said you didn’t win and they threw a brick at him,” one worker said.

According to KRON4, most of the stolen prizes were reportedly destroyed by the mob, scattering pieces in the fairground lot

http://www.leoaffairs.com/featured/oakland-carnival-turns-anarchy-thug-teens-attack-workers-steal-prizes/

Dan D. Doty
03-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Must take note that they didn't mention the race of the teens doing this.

Dlr Pyro
03-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Must take note that they didn't mention the race of the teens doing this.

also take note this happened in Oakland, so.....

SarasotaRepub
03-16-2017, 05:15 PM
All you have to do is watch the video.

Guess who??? :rolleyes:

noonwitch
03-17-2017, 09:46 AM
I was raised to fear carnies and not interact with them.

SarasotaRepub
03-17-2017, 10:07 AM
I was raised to fear carnies and not interact with them.

And I just the opposite. We had 1 in particular that came every
year and I remember it fondly. They had one of those games where
you had to throw a ping pong ball into a jar with a goldfish in it
as a prize. I usually won at least 1 every year. And this was in
Bayonne, NJ!!!! lol.

It was a different time back then...

SVPete
03-17-2017, 11:28 AM
From the local CBS station: (http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/03/14/video-captures-chaos-as-teens-run-wild-at-oakland-carnival/)

Butler Amusements has since packed up its carnival. A carnival that’s been set up over the years in this empty field visible from I-880 near Oracle Arena in Oakland.

Butler amusements told KPIX 5, “This was a very unfortunate event, but in moving forward, we are going to make sure to have better security and police presence at the next event.”

Sounds like this has been a local tradition. I-880 is the major artery freeway along the east shore of San Francisco Bay, and besides being close to the Oracle Arena (where the Golden State Warriors play) this is also close to the Oakland Coliseum (Oakland As and Raiders) and Oakland International Airport. This carnival probably provided a good number of seasonal jobs and drew people from communities up and down the East Bay. I have a feeling Butler Amusements will think long and hard about coming back in 2018.

Retread
03-17-2017, 11:41 AM

I have a feeling Butler Amusements will think long and hard about coming back in 2018.

Like the comedians stopping their college shows, I think this may be another life changing moment for the US public. What happened there, this week will only grow to another national disgrace for the country with the current lack of personal responsibility.

My wife remarked on the genetic testing requirement law being discussed currently and said it was another step in the government as parent progression. I told her that folks laughed at me when I forecasted just this circumstance 15-20 years ago.

The slide into oblivion is not slowing, it is getting steeper.