PDA

View Full Version : People don't entirely suck...

asdf2231
11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I had a favorite coffee mug that I used for years. It had a wraparound print of van Gogh's Starry Starry Night on it. About five years ago the dishwasher ate it and I have been trying to replace it ever since.

They don't make them any more so I kept going back to Gloria Jeans Coffee where I got it and trying to get a new one because they would get shipments of stuff in occasionally with old stuff from warehouses and whatnot mixed in. Several managers checked into it and told me that they just couldn't order one from their suppliers due to the way their inventory comes in.

So about 6-7 months ago I figured what the hell and asked the day manager at the mall the same old question and she told me the same answer but also took my card and told me she would call around to other stores and see if she could dig one up.

I have not been back to the store since then and since I never heard from her I figured it was a wash or that she blew me off.

We go in there tonight after grabbing some dinner and she looks at me as I walk in and says "You were looking for a Starry Night mug weren't you?" She saw a row of them in an import store downtown earlier this week and wrote down the address for me and apologized for not calling.(I think she lost my card) :eek:

I mean seriously... A little more than half a year and she had been keeping an eye out for a total stranger and she came through for me.

I am going to call the owner of the place tomorrow and say embarrassingly nice things about her. I'm also going to go downtown and buy one and maybe two or three of the mugs in case of future accidents.

Has anyone ever had a total stranger trash your faith that humanity generally sucks by doing something similar to this? :)

BadCat
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
In real life, I AM one of those people.

I only hate people on the internet.

Bubba Dawg
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
In real life, I AM one of those people.

I only hate people on the internet.

In real life, I'm the Dalai Lama.

There needs to be a place where, even the Dalai Lama, can have a machine gun.

The Universe told me that. And the Universe wouldn't lie.

BSR
11-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I disagree.

people do in fact entirely suck.

PoliCon
11-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I disagree.

people do in fact entirely suck.if I make another wife sucks joke here she'll prolly try and bite me so I won't. But she does!

Zeus
11-20-2008, 12:59 AM
http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/11/29/6274_1.JPG

3 mug set on ebay for $6. $9.80 shipping ;)

BSR
11-20-2008, 01:17 AM
http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/11/29/6274_1.JPG

3 mug set on ebay for $6. $9.80 shipping ;)

Zeus just saved you 7 months and typing out a story.. :D

RobJohnson
11-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Zeus just saved you 7 months and typing out a story.. :D

LOL! :D