PDA

View Full Version : How Smart Is Obama?--Not smart enough.

megimoo
05-29-2008, 05:38 PM
snip
By saying Obama's a bright guy, I'm referring to the cognitive ability he demonstrated earlier in his life. You don't graduate Harvard Law School magna cum laude if you lack an ample supply of intellectual firepower.

But the time has come to be more precise with our terms. Yes, Obama undeniably has a high level of cognitive ability. But it's becoming increasingly apparent that he either has read few books or retained very little from the books he read. Either that or he's spent his time reading books that don't help him understand history and won't help him carry out his tasks as president.

Worse still, Obama seems to have a vague sort of arrogance that prohibits him from acknowledging what he doesn't know. If I were going to shoot my mouth off on WWII or the Cuban Missile Crisis with the world watching, I'd make sure I had my facts straight before I did so. For some strange reason, Obama seems allergic to having his staff perform even the most basic fact-checking.

And there's also what appears to be a lack of intellectual curiosity. Abe Greenwald of Commentary's blog calls our attention to this nugget from an enjoyable New York Times profile of Obama "body man" Reggie Love:

Along the way, some unofficial rules have emerged between the candidate and his aide. From Mr. Obama: "One cardinal rule of the road is, we don't watch CNN, the news or MSNBC. We don't watch any talking heads or any politics. We watch 'SportsCenter' and argue about that."

So how, pray tell, is Obama staying informed about what's going on in the world? When he's pressing the flesh at crummy rural diners and speaking before 75,000 adoring acolytes, he's talking, not listening. Don't you think a guy who might be president would be obsessed with world events? Don't you think that obsession would have driven him into the race?

And don't you think as a potential wartime leader he might be using his downtime to study, just in case he wins?

For instance, Barack Obama obviously knows nothing of war, but he could help himself if he opted to read some Thucydides rather than watch SportsCenter.

Obama has made a habit of coming across like a man who doesn't know what he's talking about. That's bothersome enough, but what's more worrisome still is how comfortable he is with not knowing what he's talking about, and how convinced he seems that his rhetorical flourishes will obscure his ignorance. That strategy may work on the campaign trail, but it certainly won't help him govern.

You add it all up, and you got a guy who despite his high cognitive abilities doesn't know what one needs to know to be president.

Jimmy Carter was also "a bright guy," but as a president and a free-lancing ex-president, his naivete and arrogance made him a functional dunce.

If Obama really thinks the lesson to be gleaned from the Cuban Missile Crisis is that a president should always sit down with our enemies, then perhaps the same could be said of him.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/150jyxzw.asp

Shooster
05-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Obama has been a huge disappointment to a lot of people, including myself. At first glance he seemed to be very well versed but when he speaks off the cuff he comes across as uneducated. Not only about foreign policy issues but our own history. I did wonder if he was just another liberal puppet, but now we know for sure. It’s a shame he is being used in this manner. I actually feel sorry for him at this point. His future isn’t looking very rosy.

Eyelids
05-29-2008, 07:54 PM
He was editor of the Harvard Law Review, meaning he's smarter than all but a handful of people in the world.

Zeus
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
He was editor of the Harvard Law Review, meaning he's smarter than all but a handful of people in the world.

The editorial staff of the Harvard Law review must be humongous. Seems anyone that graduated from Harvard Law School was Editor of The Harvard Law review.

Eyelids
05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
The editorial staff of the Harvard Law review must be humongous. Seems anyone that graduated from Harvard Law School was Editor of The Harvard Law review.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE2DC1631F935A35751C0A9669582 60&n=Top%2FReference%2FTimes%20Topics%2FPeople%2FO%2F Obama%2C%20Barack

Hes much smarter than you are. Deal with it.

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm disturbed by his general arrogance and total lack of basic knowledge. Remember, he was only an Illinois state senator (from Chicago area yet) before his brief time in the US Senate.

I know a former state senator in Missouri who loved to talk as much as Obama. He also had a similar arrogance. I don't think it matters which political party is involved, some polticians get this arrogance from being almost idolized by some of their party loyalists.

When I think of the state senator that I know being President, I'm terrified. He just plain isn't qualified. Funny thing, he also had no basic knowledge of history. He often would listen to me on certain things. That frightened me. He should have known more than me. :eek:

Eyelids
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I dont think the above is a serious post. Obama had to start somewhere you know, he didnt just wake up one day as a US Senator and Presidential frontrunner.

Zathras
05-30-2008, 01:38 AM
I dont think.

That's all we need to hear from Eyesclosed...everything else he/she posts is irrelevant.

Zeus
05-30-2008, 01:52 AM

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE2DC1631F935A35751C0A9669582 60&n=Top%2FReference%2FTimes%20Topics%2FPeople%2FO%2F Obama%2C%20Barack

Hes much smarter than you are. Deal with it.

Lighten up Francis it was a joke. The link you provided didn't say anything about someone Graduating From Harvard Law and they weren't Editor of the The Harvard Law review:p

du freeper
05-30-2008, 02:02 AM
That's all we need to hear from Eyesclosed...everything else he/she posts is irrelevant.

See, now that statement was smarter than any editor of the Harvard Law Review could have written.

LibraryLady
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Obama's DOCUMENTED LIES: 50 and remarkably still growing

50 Obama claimed he had never prayed in a Mosque; his campaign had to retract that statement

49 Obama dishonestly used third party comments in his ads to pump up his healthcare plan

48 Claims he never discussed politics with Pastor; rebutted by photo of Obama with team of lobbyists led by Wright

47 Obama, an expert at parsing words, claimed he wasn't familiar with the word "Clintonian"; then changed his story

46 Despite reeking of cigarettes, Obama denied smoking to ABC; now admits smoking on MSNBC

45 Obama said he'd meet unconditionally with Leader of Iran: now claims he "didn't have Ahmadinejad in mind"

44 Obama claims he is using public financing to avoid special interests: WSJ nails his switcheroo

43 Obama's rhetoric claims more young black men in jail than college: BoJ Stats disprove

42 Claims he never said he was a proponent of single-payer universal healthcare; Video proves he did

41 Obama claims remarks to industrialists were greeted with silence, shows he can deliver tough message: video of ovation

40 Obamas claim you dont rip opponents & leave on roadside:he did to Alice Palmer

39 Obama denies saying Indiana could be tie-breaker: he did

38 Obama omits that Pastor Wright led divestiture campaign from Israel

37 Obama claims Church not controversial; he lied since 86

36 Lied aboutintention of taking US out of NAFTA

35 Obamas claim poverty growing up: both distort reality

34 Obama denies meeting Saddam's Auchi; sworn Fed. witness places Obama at undisclosed party for Auchi at Rezkos

33 Obama lies about not attacking Clinton over her Bosnia lies

32 Obama claims he passed ethics reform; ABC News shows he lied

31 Obama says he's consistently opposed NAFTA; in October 2007 he supported expansion to Peru

30 Obama claims he's above dirty political tricks; Clinton proves he lies

29 Obama claims his "bitter" remarks were mangled; then repeats attacks on guns religion and angry people

28 Obama stated he'd stopped wearing flag pin on chest; now denies saying it, but video proves he is lying

27 Obama says he did no favors for Rezko;untrue; he lobbied for him

26 Changes story repeatedly re Rezko's help in buying mansion

25 Obama claims he never supported a ban on handguns; he has twice

24 Obama claims stays at UCC as Pastor acknowledged comments were inappropriate; Wright never made this statement

23 Campaign is beholden to "only the people" as unlike McCain/Clinton he does not take lobbyist /PAC money; LIES!

22 Claims campaign never called Canada to say Obama not truthful re wanting leave NAFTA; smoking gun memo proves lied

21 Mrs Obama admits she's never been proud of America; Video disproves Sen. Obama's later claim she was misquoted

20 Claimed would not run for President

19 Claims famous in Il. for not letting lobbyists even buy him lunch; took from teachers, trial lawyers, hospital admins

18 Claims his parents met at Selma civil rights march; Washington Post noted it occurred 4 yrs after Obama's birth

17 BO claims courageously opposed war in 2002 during US Senate campaign; He did not announce his senate bid until 2003

16 Claims he passes tough Nuclear Law; NYT uncovers he took Nuclear Industry pay-off and watered down the bill

15 Claimed he didn't know Rezko was corrupt when did a real estate deal with him; Chicago papers prove he lied

14 Claims does not accept money from Big Oil: Real Clear Politics proves he lied

13 Denies using his Hopefund PAC to influence endorsers; but the Washington Post reviewed the record and disagreed

12 Claims his State Chair is not a drug company lobbyist; Time magazine cries Bullsh**

11 Lies about how much he received in campaign funds from Rezko; forced to significantly increase the amount twice

10 Claims he did not fill out the 1996 candidate questionaire; Politico proves he lied

9 Took credit for achievement of others in Chicago; resume puffing exposed by LA Times

8 Claims he kept no State Senate records; now he changes his story

7 Denies doubling wife's salary was due to becoming US Senator; omits within months he earmarked $1 million for hospital

6 Denied meeting Saddam bagman Auchi; now admits he was at his dinner but does not remember talking to him

5 Denies using his church for politics: IRS disagree

4 Claims he was unaware of Pastor Wrights 911 comments: NYT proves he lied

3 Claims his father was a goat-herd; actually he was a man of privilige

2 Claims not an active muslim as child; Indonesian paper proves he lied

1 Claims father linked to Kennedys; Washington Post proves he lied

The Night Owl
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
20 Claimed would not run for President

Is changing one's mind about something a lie? I don't think so.

Zeus
05-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Obama'sNot Exactly's:

1.) Selma Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965. (Google'Obama Selma' for his full March 4, 2007 speech and articles about its various untruths.)

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT EXACTLY, your cous in Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Oba ma, is Odinga's follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out the following link for verification of that....and for more.

Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers have burned Christians' homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter.. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants to know the truth.

5.) My Gra ndmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and 'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.

Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side. While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya, his father's family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro). From....and for more....go to.....

http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-American,_only_6.25%25_African (http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-American,_only_6.25%25_African)

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.

4-3-08 Article "Obama was 'quite religious in islam'" http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559 (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559)

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - N OT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).

February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." This is just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says "Obama's narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts."

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign Experience - NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't even speak the language. What did you learn, how to study the Koran and watch cartoons.

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates said you were just fine.

13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - NOT EXACTLY, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, tha t you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

16.) Voting "Present" is Common In Illinois Senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Misvoted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT EXACTLY, you didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days from start to finish.

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, fr om which David Axelrod came.

23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, as of March, 2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT EXACTLY, the Candian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.

29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction off Israel.

30.) I Want All Votes To Count - NOT EXACTLY, you said let the delegates decide.

31.) I Want Americans To Decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.

32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26, most of which you didn't write yourself.

33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.

34.) I Don't Take PAC Money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.

35.) I don't Have Lobbysists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lo bbyists, and counting.

36.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

37.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren't in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.

38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - NOT EXACTL Y, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don't have to buy it

Shooster
05-31-2008, 09:39 AM
That is an impressive list that LibraryLady and Zeus put together, (thank you) and if that doesn't scare the crap out of you then nothing will.

LibraryLady
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM
I admit I just read it elsewhere. I am looking forward to a 527 producing a TV commercial stringing some of those treasures together.

Zeus
05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
I admit I just read it elsewhere. I am looking forward to a 527 producing a TV commercial stringing some of those treasures together.

Same Same cept I got the list via e-mail.

AlmostThere
05-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I dont think the above is a serious post. Obama had to start somewhere you know, he didnt just wake up one day as a US Senator and Presidential frontrunner.
Actually, he did.

Shooster
05-31-2008, 08:55 PM

Has it been fact checked yet? Obama quit his church (Trinity) today but didn't denounce it. Big deal -- he pretty much had to but after twenty years what does it matter now.

SarasotaRepub
05-31-2008, 10:26 PM
]I dont think the above is a serious post[/B]. Obama had to start somewhere you know, he didnt just wake up one day as a US Senator and Presidential frontrunner.

Naughty, naughty! You not thinking is self evident. Obama is a empty suit. He's getting caught in this left and right. This dipshit is NOT qualified to be POTUS.

How's Carbondale treating you???

Eyelids
05-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Semester is over (I'd like to thank you guys for helping me get an A!). I came back home to Chicago and am spending some time with my folks, watching the White Sox, getting ready for Lollapalooza and Pitchfork, catching up with old freinds. The neighborhood has gotten a lot nicer because of gentrification, crime and poverty are both way down.

Its really great. All in a "liberal cesspool"

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Lighten up Francis it was a joke. The link you provided didn't say anything about someone Graduating From Harvard Law and they weren't Editor of the The Harvard Law review:p

I was driving through Mass once and stopped to ask directions. They would only agree to help me if I agreed to be listed as an editor of the Law Review.

SarasotaRepub
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Semester is over (I'd like to thank you guys for helping me get an A!). I came back home to Chicago and am spending some time with my folks, watching the White Sox, getting ready for Lollapalooza and Pitchfork, catching up with old freinds. The neighborhood has gotten a lot nicer because of gentrification, crime and poverty are both way down.

I'm glad you got an A! You using anything from this site pretty much was a lock to an A
with your Lib teachers. Are you going to vote for Osama??? :p

Oops, he gave up his church today.

Hey, I have an idea...we have a member here you'd probably get along with.

Send a PM to Lanie.

megimoo
05-31-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm glad you got an A! You using anything from this site pretty much was a lock to an A
with your Lib teachers. Are you going to vote for Osama??? :p

Oops, he gave up his church today.

Hey, I have an idea...we have a member here you'd probably get along with.

Send a PM to Lanie.Oh no.Maybe they will breed !

SarasotaRepub
05-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Apologizes to Bridget!!! :D

LibraryLady
06-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Obama: gaffe-prone or just really dumb? - UPDATED
I started out with an open mind about Obama. That’s changing.

Ace calls Barack Obama “like Dan Quayle, only dumber,” and it’s becoming difficult to disagree.

Can you imagine how the press, the late-night talk shows, the Jon Stewart’s and Steven Colbert’s, the Bill Maher’s the Keith Olbermann’s, the Chris Matthews’, the women on The View, Saturday Night Live and the rest of the news and entertainment media would be reacting to the astounding mindlessness of Barack Obama, if only he had an R after his last name?

Good lord, Dan Quayle fudged spelling potato and it still gets derisive laughs from the left.

Barack Obama actually thought Cary Grant and Eve Marie Saint were scampering around Mt. Rushmore in the film North by Northwest.

From the press and entertainment media: silence. No stories here, no jokes, no skits. Obama’s brilliance is unquestionable. If President Bush (or, now John McCain) had asked so naive a question, you’d hear it everywhere, read about it everywhere, your search engine would bring you thousands of hits.

Which is quite different from the reaction we’re seeing to Obama’s wonderings. All that silence. I can hear crickets!

Obama also mentioned that his ears would be too big for his inclusion in that monument. Seems his brains would not be.

If George Bush had made this many gaffes, so many stupendously stupid ones, day after day, do you think he’d ever made it out of Texas with the media jeering and mockery?

But Obama gets up there, every single day and says something embarrassingly wrong, and the press beams, edits out or ignores the gaffe and heaves a sigh for Mr. Wonderful that is so deep it makes their legs tingle.

You’re watching the press and the entertainment media try to hand the US Presidency over to a guy who can’t get much right, flip-flops with impunity (the press - also happy to talk down the economy or bury the positives to help the cause - will just quietly change the narrative) panders shamelessly, but not believably, would rather go talk to our enemies than to our generals, gets endorsements from Cuba and Venezuela, hangs with some interesting people who like to blow stuff up or stir up resentment, and has never been asked this simple question: what do you think will be the reasonable and logical result of our “pulling out” of Iraq at this point in time, when we’re beating Al Qaeda? Will it give new life to a terrorist movement that is currently losing morale and momentum? Wouldn’t that betray the same Iraqi people we were wrong to abandon in 1992? Wouldn’t it put them back under the tyrant’s gun and render the sacrifices of our troops meaningless? Isn’t walking away as victor better than snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? I mean…what sort of president thinks it’s better to surrender and lose - especially when we’re winning?

The GOP is in a free-fall, but my goodness, the Democrats have an Anointed One who increasingly reminds me of Chauncy Gardiner, but with an ambitiously co-presidency-minded spouse and some troubling whispers about his cabinet appointments, but and even if they get buyer’s remorse, they won’t admit it because they’re finally seeing a way to dethrone the Clintons. They’re not in such good shape, either.

I think we should NOT have a president coming out of an Ivy League school this year. I mean, Bush came out of both Yale and Harvard, and he’s the moronic evil genius liar who told us all the same things his predecessor co-presidents had said. Hillary came out of Yale and she’s smart but completely untrustworthy. And Barack, like Bush, is a double-ivy guy, and he is out-Quayle-ing the “stooooooopit” Dan Quayle.

Pretty “spiffy”, indeed.

Enough of these elites. Where’s Harry Truman when you need him?

From the Anchoress (lots of greyt links)

http://theanchoressonline.com/2008/05/31/obama-gaffe-prone-or-just-really-dumb/

Eyelids
06-01-2008, 12:19 AM
God North by Northwest is a great movie... when I first saw it long ago I thought it was actually Mt. Rushmore, who would've thought they had green screens back then?

Yes Barack Hussein Obama has my full support, his church affiliations have no part in that decision. I am pretty excited though as unless he has joined a new church I am not familiar with he is currently not really part of a religious organization! EGADS!

Lanie's a smart girl, you all should listen to her.

Zathras
06-01-2008, 02:17 AM

Thought you were leaving....ah, should've expected you to reneg on your promise, being a waste of skin, lying piece of male bovine excrement.

The Night Owl
06-01-2008, 09:05 AM
God North by Northwest is a great movie... when I first saw it long ago I thought it was actually Mt. Rushmore, who would've thought they had green screens back then?

Yes Barack Hussein Obama has my full support, his church affiliations have no part in that decision. I am pretty excited though as unless he has joined a new church I am not familiar with he is currently not really part of a religious organization! EGADS!

I will probably support Barack Obama once he is declared to be the official nominee of the Democratic party, but that support will be reluctant. Obama's past affiliation with TUCC and his position on the troop surge in Iraq cause me to question his judgment. And, I am convinced that Hillary Clinton has a better chance of winning than Barack Obama.

AmPat
06-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd sooner vote for Billy Carter than B.O. Barry has no skills or experience to govern this great nation and his personal flaws and skewed belief system will NEVER represent more than 13% of the population.

B.O. is NOT qualified to be POTUS and the DUMS should be tried for treason to even allow this clown to get this close.

B.O. is positive proof that nothing is too low to which DUmmycRATS will stoop to drag our country down.:mad:

Shooster
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
For those interested, here is the fact checking link to “50 Lies” by Obama.
Source (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp)

Odysseus
06-01-2008, 03:13 PM

George W. Bush has an MBA from Harvard. Will you concede his smarts?

lacarnut
06-01-2008, 03:48 PM

I guess you have not taken any courses in English writing yet. Your punctuation acumen and the rambling of phrases strung together makes reading your drivel hard to read and incoherent. Are you and Michelle Obama related? You'll writing skills are similar.

lacarnut
06-01-2008, 03:53 PM

Lordy no! Only Democraps have enough smarts to pour p!ss out of a boot. :eek::)

Odysseus
06-02-2008, 03:05 PM

From what I've seen, Trinity is about as much of a religious organization as Moveon.Org, so even when Obama belonged to it, he was only a member of a political action committee masquerading as a church. But, I do appreciate your endorsement of Obama, if for no other reason than it's just another reason to vote for anyone else.

linda22003
06-02-2008, 03:10 PM

As someone who used to be on the professional staff there, I can verify that that is not true.

linda22003
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Are you and Michelle Obama related? You'll writing skills are similar.

It's always a good idea to proofread your own posts when questioning the structure of someone else's. :p

lacarnut
06-02-2008, 03:30 PM
It's always a good idea to proofread your own posts when questioning the structure of someone else's. :p

A snobbish Yankee would not understand. You'll! Sounds like you took some stupid pills this am. :eek::)

linda22003
06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
hint: "Your" was the word you wanted there.

rjas77
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM

:D

I nominate this post for "pwnage" of the day

Goldwater
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Bush is definately smart, but he is also stubborn and unreflective.

noonwitch
06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Library Lady: Bill Maher has made it pretty clear he's voting for Obama, without actually saying it. He said he was glad Hillary was still in the race, since it gave him something to talk about.

The Daily Show has been pretty fair, in that it makes fun of all the candidates. Their sense of humor is different than Maher's, though. TDS had some fun with the Bush photos from the Air Force graduation, but it was one of those "don't these pictures make you wish you liked him" kind of things, mainly because Bush does look like he's having fun in them.

Odysseus
06-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Library Lady: Bill Maher has made it pretty clear he's voting for Obama, without actually saying it. He said he was glad Hillary was still in the race, since it gave him something to talk about.

The entire MSM has made it pretty clear that they're voting for Obama. It's like watching teenage girls when the Beattles arrived.

AmPat
06-03-2008, 10:21 PM
The entire MSM has made it pretty clear that they're voting for Obama. It's like watching teenage girls when the Beattles arrived.

This is much the same way I see the wild-eyed, moon-faced Obamaniacs. I alternate between amusement and nausea when I see them.

Let me be clear: The USA does NOT want and cannot tolerate this Socialist, America/Whitey hating Liberal in the White House. What, too nuanced?:cool: