PDA

View Full Version : Zogby Poll: Almost No Obama Voters Ace Election Test

Odysseus
11-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Zogby Poll: Almost No Obama Voters Ace Election Test

Survey finds most Obama voters remembered negative coverage of McCain/Palin statements but struggled to correctly answer questions about coverage associated with Obama/Biden

UTICA, New York -- Just 2% of voters who supported Barack Obama on Election Day obtained perfect or near-perfect scores on a post election test which gauged their knowledge of statements and scandals associated with the presidential tickets during the campaign, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.

Zogby Statement on Ziegler poll

Only 54% of Obama voters were able to answer at least half or more of the questions correctly.

The 12-question, multiple-choice survey found questions regarding statements linked to Republican presidential candidate John McCain and his vice-presidential running-mate Sarah Palin were far more likely to be answered correctly by Obama voters than questions about statements associated with Obama and Vice-President–Elect Joe Biden. The telephone survey of 512 Obama voters nationwide was conducted Nov. 13-15, 2008, and carries a margin of error of +/- 4.4 percentage points. The survey was commissioned by John Ziegler, author of The Death of Free Speech, producer of the recently released film "Blocking the Path to 9/11" and producer of the upcoming documentary film, Media Malpractice...How Obama Got Elected.

Read the rest here. (http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1642)

These are the poll questions. For each question except for 200, the choices were Obama, Biden, McCain, Palin, None and NS (Not Sure).

200. Before this past election, which political party controlled both houses of congress?
201. Which candidate could not say how many houses they own?
202. Which candidate said they could see Russia from their house?
203. Which candidate had to quit a previous political campaign because they were found to have plagiarized a speech?
204. Which candidate won their first election by getting all of their opponents kicked off the ballot?
205. Which candidate wore clothes that their political party reportedly spent $150,000 on?
206. Which candidate currently has a pregnant teenage daughter?
207. Which candidate said that Obama would be tested in his first six months as president by a generated international crisis?
208. Which candidate claimed to have campaigned in 57 states?
209. Which candidate said their policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates 210. Which candidate said that the government should redistribute the wealth?
211. Which candidate started their political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground?

My answers were:
200. Democrats
201. McCain
202. Palin
203. Biden
204. Obama
205. Palin
206. Palin
207. Biden
208. Obama
209. Obama
210. Obama
211. Obama

The Obama voters did significantly worse, with majorities picking the wrong answer or not knowing it on questions 200, 203, 205, 208, 209 and 211. Since most of these were about Obama or Democrats, it demonstrates that the Obama voters knew far more negative talking points about the McCain/Palin ticket than about the Obama/Biden ticket, but also that Obama voters were extremely poorly informed about their own candidate's positions and statements. Zogby has refused to conduct the same poll with McCain voters in order to compare their knowledge.

BadCat
11-21-2008, 12:11 PM
They didn't need to take that test to show they were idiots.

"Obama voter" defines that very clearly.

xavierob82
11-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Zogby: the polling company that claimed McCain would win by 20 points in an "unprecedented McCain landslide", in order to elicit headlines on Drudge the day before the election.

'Nuff said.

Odysseus
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Zogby: the polling company that claimed McCain would win by 20 points in an "unprecedented McCain landslide", in order to elicit headlines on Drudge the day before the election.

'Nuff said.

WTF are you talking about? Zogby's last poll the day before the election predicted Obama's win:

Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll: Obama is Where He Needs To Be, McCain is Not

Obama 50.9%, McCain 43.8%

UTICA, New York - As Election Day nears in the U.S. Presidential race, Democrat Barack Obama has increased his lead to 7.1 points over Republican John McCain, up from a 5.7 point advantage in yesterday's report, the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking poll shows.

Pollster John Zogby: "Barack Obama is where he needs to be and John McCain is not. In a multi-candidate race, assuming the minor candidates can win around 2%, 51% can win. Obama holds the groups that he needs and continues to hold a big lead among independents and his base. McCain seems to be holding his base without expanding it or moving into Obama's territory..."

BadCat
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM

'Nuff said.

Watch the video to see how stupid your fellow Hussien supporters actually are.

'Nuff said.

noonwitch
11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Watch the video to see how stupid your fellow Hussien supporters actually are.

'Nuff said.

I voted for Obama and I knew all the answers. If you want to see how stupid some McCain supporters are, just watch the tape of his concession speech and listen to his own people boo him for being gracious.

BadCat
11-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I voted for Obama and I knew all the answers. If you want to see how stupid some McCain supporters are, just watch the tape of his concession speech and listen to his own people boo him for being gracious.

He was too gracious.
Hating Hussien is not a definition of "stupid".
Voting for him is.

BadCat
11-21-2008, 01:48 PM
To be clear here, noonwitch, I have always regarded you as an exception to the common liberal, I have always thought you were an intelligent woman.

But I have to wonder, WHY would an intelligent person vote for Hussien Obama?
Was it because it's "time" for the U.S. to have a black president?
Was it because you think he's going to pay your mortgage and buy your gasoline?
Was it because you want some of MY money?
Was it because you think he will make cars run on wind power?
Was it because he's not a Republican?

Molon Labe
11-21-2008, 02:27 PM
To be clear here, noonwitch, I have always regarded you as an exception to the common liberal, I have always thought you were an intelligent woman.

But I have to wonder, WHY would an intelligent person vote for Hussien Obama?
Was it because it's "time" for the U.S. to have a black president?
Was it because you think he's going to pay your mortgage and buy your gasoline?
Was it because you want some of MY money?
Was it because you think he will make cars run on wind power?
Was it because he's not a Republican?

What about the Change thingy? :D

You left that out.

Odysseus
11-21-2008, 03:15 PM
What about the Change thingy? :D
You left that out.

I thought that it was because he was the one. :D
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/111408.jpg

ReaganForRus
11-21-2008, 06:23 PM
202 is wrong....Palin never said house, Tina Fey said it on SNL, Palin said you could see Russia from parts of Alaska.

ReaganForRus
11-21-2008, 06:24 PM

why did you vote for Obama?