04-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Looks like UBER will being going IPO
very soon.

From what I've read they are taking in
big bucs but also still hemorrhaging cash
like crazy.All told, losses for 2016 are an
estimated $3 billion!!!

Private Market Profits

Instead of buying shares at the IPO, you should be selling them. You see, private investors have been buying shares in Uber for years. For example, investors like you could have invested in Uber in 2010. That’s when Uber used the AngelList crowdfunding platform to raise money. And when Uber goes public, all the investors who already own shares—all the folks who got in when Uber was still private—can finally sell their shares.

And here’s the thing: No matter where Uber prices its IPO, those existing investors are nearly guaranteed to make money. That’s because when they invested, Uber was worth as little as $4 million. So even if the company IPOs at the low end of its likely range—$40 billion or $50 billion—those early investors could still turn every $1,000 they invested into an estimated $5 million.

That is how you make guaranteed profits on an IPO.

LINK (https://www.investing.com/analysis/2017-39;s-uber-ipo-200170565)

Rockntractor
04-15-2017, 06:45 PM
I would be nervous, it has a potential for a lot of litigation for various reasons.

ralph wiggum
04-15-2017, 06:50 PM
Looks like UBER will being going IPO
very soon.

From what I've read they are taking in
big bucs but also still hemorrhaging cash
like crazy.All told, losses for 2016 are an
estimated $3 billion!!!

LINK (https://www.investing.com/analysis/2017-39;s-uber-ipo-200170565)
Been meaning to research their business model. And I'm even surprised at how many people use it, even in my medium sized metro area.

SarasotaRepub
04-15-2017, 07:07 PM
It will have been a long wait, 7 years, but a nice
pay day at the end of the PRE-IPO Tunnel.

Pretty cool. If you pick the right pre-IPO. I never
heard of UBER back in 2010.