PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Grassley expects supreme court resignation this summer

eismann82
04-20-2017, 09:41 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/20/chuck-grassley-expects-supreme-court-resignation-this-summer.html im guessing it's a conservative judge but hoping it's a liberal judge rumored to be retiring.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

eismann82
04-20-2017, 09:44 AM
I think any democratic judge would pass away on the bench before retiring under a Trump administration.

DumbAss Tanker
04-20-2017, 11:00 AM
At the ages of the oldest three, fate could take the decision out of their own hands at any moment. Not wishing anyone ill, but at 80 or over, there isn't exactly an unlimited expanse of time stretching out ahead of you to an invisibly-distant horizon.

SVPete
04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't mind Justice Kennedy retiring and being replaced by a judge who cared more about the Constitution than popularity and his feelings. That would significantly improve the USSC even without RBG retiring/dying.

old dog
04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
I think any democratic judge would pass away on the bench before retiring under a Trump administration.

Justice Ginsburg will assume room temperature before she resigns but it has nothing to do with her being a liberal. First and foremost, she is a tough old bat who likes her job.

SVPete
04-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Justice Ginsburg will assume room temperature before she resigns but it has nothing to do with her being a liberal. First and foremost, she is a tough old bat who likes her job.

That may be, but she dislikes/hates Trump as well.

Rockntractor
04-20-2017, 12:54 PM
She may choke on a hairball.

RobJohnson
04-20-2017, 01:42 PM
At the ages of the oldest three, fate could take the decision out of their own hands at any moment. Not wishing anyone ill, but at 80 or over, there isn't exactly an unlimited expanse of time stretching out ahead of you to an invisibly-distant horizon.

:biggrin-new:

ralph wiggum
04-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Grassley is my U.S. Senator, not sure how much longer he'll be around either.

Apocalypse
04-20-2017, 02:30 PM
The Court watch sites say it's highly likely Justice Kennedy.

Ginsburg has said she plans on retiring when she feels she can't do it any longer, but she has recently talked about seriously considering it next year.

eismann82
04-20-2017, 05:11 PM
She may choke on a hairball.
Or pass out while choking on a hairball, if Obama is making a speech in ear shot