PDA

View Full Version : Campus Shooting At Savannah State University

Gingersnap
11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Campus Shooting At Savannah State University

An emergency banner on top of the school's website reads "The Campus Is On Lockdown Immediately!"
Friday, November 21, 2008

Two students have been taken to the hospital after a shooting on the campus of Savannah State University.
The current conditions of the injured in unknown.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2vbq5iq.jpg

The school was immediately put on lockdown. Students and staff were told to remain in their rooms until given the all clear.

An emergency banner on top of the school's website reads "The Campus Is On Lockdown Immediately!"

Media reports say police believe the shooter was in an apartment in a residence hall.

A SWAT team was called into the scene has reportedly surrounded a dormitory.

One of the shootings was believed to be accidental.

The school has roughly 3,200 students.

Developing...

Link (http://www.wsrz.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=4625456)

Odysseus
11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
How long will it take congress to sieze on this as a pretext for a gun ban?

wiegenlied
11-21-2008, 06:21 PM
The last similar news I heard was Virginia tech shooting in 2007. There were also some suicidal shootings on the same year by college students. Why does campus shooting now become a trend?

Sonnabend
11-21-2008, 06:23 PM
For the same reason that these loonies never attack a Marine Base or a police station or a national Guard base.

The people there shoot back.

School= gun free zone = target range.

brubeckbach
11-21-2008, 08:52 PM
...why is the south side of Syracuse a shooting gallery? Every night on the evening new there is a new report of another shooting. New York has one of the most retrictive gun laws and yet...

I personally abhore guns. Hunting and sport shooting is a totally different animal then guns obtained illegally by young people on the street who are shooting at each other everyday, even bringing them to school! Gun control is a naive and simplistic "solution" to a very serious and complicated dilemma!

Sonnabend
11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Gun control is a naive and simplistic "solution" to a very serious and complicated dilemma!

..and your solution is..?

wiegenlied
11-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't sell guns to the loonies, obviously.

BadCat
11-22-2008, 12:10 PM
I personally abhore guns.

Doesn't look like you and I are going to be friends.

FlaGator
11-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Doesn't look like you and I are going to be friends.

After years of staying away from guns, the urge to target shoot got the better of me and I've bought 2 in the last week. Can we be friends now? :)