PDA

View Full Version : Gumbo seasoning argument leads to slaying by sword

Banacek
04-24-2017, 05:49 PM
A seafood vendor employee was convicted Thursday of murder for fatally stabbing a co-worker with a “decorative sword” over gumbo seasoning.

Orlando Ricardo Thompson, 27, was found guilty of second-degree murder as charged in the June 2015 death of 33-year-old Caleb Joshua Halley. The evidence in the case had been argued for almost two years since an argument erupted over gumbo seasoning behind Buddy’s Seafood Market, 111 State 79, and escalated into the stabbing.

Thompson faces up to life in prison when he is sentenced May 4 by Circuit Judge Michael Overstreet, officials said. Thompson will have a chance to make his case at his sentencing as to why he should receive a lighter sentence than life

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20170421/gumbo-seasoning-argument-leads-to-slaying-by-sword

Rockntractor
04-24-2017, 06:22 PM
I can't make a comment until I know the specifics over the gumbo seasonings, there are just some things you do not mess with.

Retread
04-24-2017, 07:10 PM
I can't make a comment until I know the specifics over the gumbo seasonings, there are just some things you do not mess with.

^^^^^^Oh, yeah.