PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Gives Free Cars to Public Housing Residents. Free CARS.

Banacek
05-08-2017, 03:09 PM
In today's episode of "Why The Hell Do I Bother To Work For a Living," we learn that the city of Sacramento, California, has decided to purchase a fleet of cars that will be made available, free of charge, to 300 residents already using that city's public housing.

The $1.3 million used to pay for what the Sacramento Bee calls a "mini fleet," came from the state's California Environmental Protection Agency, which in turn got the money by blackmailing local businesses with cap-and-trade fines.

Gas, maintenance and insurance will also be paid for by the state, which can only mean that the $1.3 million is just the beginning of yet-another very expensive government debacle, but one that will never be repealed because if you take away people's free cars they will die

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16158/sacramento-gives-free-cars-public-housing-john-nolte

Dlr Pyro
05-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Gas, maintenance and insurance will also be paid for by the state,

What kind of insurance will the cars and homeless drivers have? What will my compensation be when one of these homeless people hits me or my car? Who do I sue? The homeless person who has no tangible assets or the state?

noonwitch
05-09-2017, 09:32 AM
We sometimes help a foster kid in college or who is working buy a car-we help with the down payment. But, the funds come from a special program for that type of thing specifically, the kid has to pass a credit check and buy his insurance before we give any money for it, and he must be working a job outside of the small income we provide them with.

Dlr Pyro
05-09-2017, 11:11 AM
We sometimes help a foster kid in college or who is working buy a car-we help with the down payment. But, the funds come from a special program for that type of thing specifically, the kid has to pass a credit check and buy his insurance before we give any money for it, and he must be working a job outside of the small income we provide them with.

That's a noble cause because the kid you are helping is in college to better himself and he is ultimately on the hook for the insurance, not the state.

One of the primary motivators to being a good driver is to keep our insurance rates down. If somebody else is footing the bill for the insurance, the homeless driver won't be as concerned about rising insurance costs since he won't be paying for them.

noonwitch
05-09-2017, 11:21 AM
That's a noble cause because the kid you are helping is in college to better himself and he is ultimately on the hook for the insurance, not the state.

One of the primary motivators to being a good driver is to keep our insurance rates down. If somebody else is footing the bill for the insurance, the homeless driver won't be as concerned about rising insurance costs since he won't be paying for them.

If a kid is still in our system at age 18-21, he or she had no one to go back to and no suitable relatives to help them out (sometimes they have relatives who can give them emotional support, but not financial support).

SVPete
05-09-2017, 12:26 PM
How many cities so far have tried free loaner-bicycle programs? And ended the programs when the bicycles were stolen and/or trashed? Sounds like the City of Sacramento is tripling down on stupid.

Dlr Pyro
05-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Didn't san Francisco try a program a few years ago where they gave free shopping carts to the homeless so they could carry their stuff around and had all sorts of problems with injuries as the homeless rode in the carts down the steep hills in SF?

Or am I thinking of an article I read in The Onion?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk