PDA

View Full Version : Guatemala: 5 killed by decapitation in prison riot

megimoo
11-22-2008, 07:33 PM
- A clash between rival groups of prisoners left seven dead in a prison on the outskirts of the capital of Guatemala. Five prisoners were decapitated, authorities reported.

''The confrontation was between members of youth gangs and started around 6.30 p.m.'' in the Pavoncito prison, east of the capital, said Rudy Esquivel, spokesman for the Guatemalan prison system.

The prisoners started the revolt in reaction to the arrival of several gang members, who were removed from another prison in the south, known as El Boqueron, which had also had disturbances, said the spokesman.

Nearly all of the prisoners of El Boqueron belong to the Mara Salvatrucha and La 18, two rival gangs.

The authorities entered the prison nearly five hours after the riots began inside the prison and found five prisoners beheaded. One of the heads was displayed on a stick and hung in the bars of their cells, said Esquivel.

Volunteer firefighters reported in a statement that four inmates suffered gun wounds.

''Authorities already initiated investigations and the collection of data and evidence to identify those prisoners (dead) and notify their families,'' said Esquivel.

He also said that he was preparing a registry to identify the weapons used in the attack and investigations to establish as they arrived at the hands of the prisoners.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/story/783510.html

marinejcksn
11-24-2008, 09:11 PM
How you can do that to another person I'll never understand.

FlaGator
11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
How you can do that to another person I'll never understand.

Me either, it is totally beyond my understanding.