PDA

View Full Version : Nevada's brothels hit hard times

lurkalot
06-17-2008, 09:15 PM
According to George Flint, Director of the Nevada Brothel Owners' Association, revenue for the 25 businesses in his membership organization is down by as much as 45 percent. The reason: Sex for money may be recession resistant but it's not recession proof. "Business is in a lower slump than I've ever seen it before," Flint says.

In Nevada, the world's oldest profession has been very lucrative. In a typical year, legal brothels generate about $50 million in total revenue and have an economic impact of about $400 million on the state. But in the last 18 months the industry's cash flow has taken a dive. Why? Like other businesses around the country, bordellos throughout the state are feeling the pinch of rising gas prices and a weak economy.

Media exposure certainly has its benefits. Featured in the ongoing HBO reality series, Cathouse, Hof's Bunny Ranch is going strong. While others brothels saw a slump in revenues, Hof experienced a 30 percent jump in May. But he's not resting on his laurels. Last week he began offering a recession special: The first 100 customers who show up with their tax rebate checks receive twice the "services" for the price of one. "We always give our customers the most bang for the buck," he says. "You bring your $600 check in, and we give you the $1,200 George Bush party--three girls and a bottle of champagne." That's one way to stimulate the, um, economy.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/141848

Shannon
06-17-2008, 10:08 PM
CW hasn't been out that way lately. How selfish of him!

Cold Warrior
06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
CW hasn't been out that way lately. How selfish of him!

Somehow, when I saw the thread title, one reply, and that reply by Shannon, I knew that I'd be referenced. :D As I've said many times, I've never frequented Nevada brothels, as from what I've seen they're overpriced and offer goods well past their sell date. If anyone would like that sort of entertainment in LV outside of the government regulated brothel scene, there are much better and more cost effective sources. :D

Doc Savage
06-17-2008, 11:25 PM
When do the sales start?

lacarnut
06-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Somehow, when I saw the thread title, one reply, and that reply by Shannon, I knew that I'd be referenced. :D As I've said many times, I've never frequented Nevada brothels, as from what I've seen they're overpriced and offer goods well past their sell date. If anyone would like that sort of entertainment in LV outside of the government regulated brothel scene, there are much better and more cost effective sources. :D

I thought you went for the high dollar sophisticated whores. Now, you are telling us that $600 for 3 broads is too much or maybe what you are saying is from what you have seen the merchandise is overpriced.

Cold Warrior
06-18-2008, 05:54 AM
I thought you went for the high dollar sophisticated whores. Now, you are telling us that $600 for 3 broads is too much or maybe what you are saying is from what you have seen the merchandise is overpriced.

I was making a general comment on their prices, not on their "special." From what I've read and seen in various places in the media and the internets, their normal rate is in the range of $2000 for a girl, most of whom seem (again from observation only) past their prime. I've also read some reviews of specific girls there and they've not been particularly good.

lacarnut
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I was making a general comment on their prices, not on their "special." From what I've read and seen in various places in the media and the internets, their normal rate is in the range of $2000 for a girl, most of whom seem (again from observation only) past their prime. I've also read some reviews of specific girls there and they've not been particularly good.

From what I have seen in the media, they are all overpriced. The Spitzer slut was a good example.

linda22003
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM

C'mon, where's your economic spirit? Put that "economic stimulus" check to work! :p

(I know what you're going to say, and I'm not getting one, either).

Gingersnap
06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
I guess I'm still amazed that you can read "reviews" about whores. :D

Cold Warrior
06-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I guess I'm still amazed that you can read "reviews" about whores. :D

Very detailed reviews with details, checkboxes, and ratings (typicalliy 1-10) for a wide range of services and attributes. Remember the smart shopper is one who does his/her research beforehand (he's also the shopper least likely to run afoul of any nosy, nasty authorities). :D

biccat
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Very detailed reviews with details, checkboxes, and ratings (typicalliy 1-10) for a wide range of services and attributes. Remember the smart shopper is one who does his/her research beforehand (he's also the shopper least likely to run afoul of any nosy, nasty authorities). :D
I always figured I was a 'smart shopper' because I don't have to pay to get laid. :confused:

dixierat
06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I always figured I was a 'smart shopper' because I don't have to pay to get laid. :confused:

If you're married, you're paying to get laid. Trust me on that. :D

:cool:

Vepr
06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I was trying to put together a brothel relief effort and get air lifted in but my wife got all upset about the idea for some reason. I was just trying to help out and she goes off the deep end. :confused: ;)

linda22003
06-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Very detailed reviews with details, checkboxes, and ratings (typicalliy 1-10) for a wide range of services and attributes.

...."Linky"?

Cold Warrior
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Marriage has little to do with it, other than being a poor shopper, as you are restricting yourself to a single shopping choice. If you're male and getting laid, you're paying for it.

Cold Warrior
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
...."Linky"?

I think I'll pass on that, as I wouldn't want to shorten my stay here (polar bears and that sort of thing). However, Google can easily get you the two biggest US and two biggest UK sites. Just include "reviews" and the classier word for the occupation and you'll get them. :D

BSR
06-18-2008, 01:47 PM

I just paid $2,200 to get some quality sex. My wife just ordered brand new carpet.

How am I able to do that in this horrible Bush economy? :confused:

BSR
06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
I was trying to put together a brothel relief effort and get air lifted in but my wife got all upset about the idea for some reason. I was just trying to help out and she goes off the deep end. :confused: ;)

Coke... Keyboard.. broken..

May I have your credit caird # please for my replacement....

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 04:26 PM
As we’re technically not even near a recession yet - this thread is B/S, without pictures. And besides, it’ll give the girls time to heal up.

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 04:51 PM

What is wrong with that woman? Where is her compassion? Her caring? I hope she can live with herself

:D

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I just paid $2,200 to get some quality sex. My wife just ordered brand new carpet.

How am I able to do that in this horrible Bush economy? :confused:

You shoulda bought a bottle of hand lotion at the dollar store!

BSR
06-18-2008, 09:12 PM
You shoulda bought a bottle of hand lotion at the dollar store!

Are you kidding? That's the reason we needed to buy new carpet in the first place !!:eek:

Goldwater
06-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Are you kidding? That's the reason we needed to buy new carpet in the first place !!:eek:

I believe there is some kind of operation to solve that.

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 09:32 PM

:eek: ewwwwwww now I have to go beat my head on the wall to get out that image

BSR
06-18-2008, 09:37 PM
:eek: ewwwwwww now I have to go beat my head on the wall to get out that image

What's so disgusting about me squirting lotion all over the carpet? :confused:

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM

never mind :o

Goldwater
06-18-2008, 09:45 PM

I believe there is some kind of spray that can solve that.

BSR
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
never mind :o

of course I squirt the lotion all over the carpet, right after I'm done masturbating .. :D

BSR
06-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I believe there is some kind of spray that can solve that.

Please go on..

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 10:14 PM
of course I squirt the lotion all over the carpet, right after I'm done masturbating .. :D

okay now that is just NASTY
go wash your hands..can't believe you typed that..nasty nasty nasty

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM

oh and..
thats the last time I talk to you on the phone late at night :eek:

Shannon
06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Well,this sure turned into a crass thread.

BSR
06-18-2008, 10:44 PM

Welcome aboard.

lurkalot
06-18-2008, 10:45 PM

?
:confused: