PDA

View Full Version : Manic Monday

Shannon
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Sheesh. I swear I don't know what to do with some of y'all. It's freezing here today. It has been all week.

TOTD: I got nothing. This is why I don't do day threads. I hate Mondays. Discuss.:p

Celtic Rose
11-24-2008, 12:07 PM
I am actually in a wonderful mood today. I have some work to do, but all my urgent, must be done before Thanksgiving stuff is done, or with somebody else for the moment, so I can just work my way through the rest of my stuff.

I figure today should be very productive :D

asdf2231
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
I was unavoidably detained. :p

TOTD:

What was your favorite candy when you were a whippersnapper?

And I am not talking about whatever funky portion of your life wherein you were wearing latex and sporting a riding crop. (You people know who YOU are!):D

The 7/11 and the local news stand used to have racks of 5 and 10 cent candy and we used to go there before school with a quarter and get a small bag of stuff.

I used to get Pixie Sticks and Now And Laters. The rootbeer flavored ones were always my favorite. Occaisionally I would dump the whole quarter in favor of a pack of Hubba Bubba.

What was your best remembered/favorite candy from youth?

Shannon
11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I am actually in a wonderful mood today. I have some work to do, but all my urgent, must be done before Thanksgiving stuff is done, or with somebody else for the moment, so I can just work my way through the rest of my stuff.

I figure today should be very productive :D

Oh, shut up.:rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
11-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh, shut up.:rolleyes:

Y'all have to forgive Shannon. She's just upset that she sees the writing on the wall in the Pick'em League.;)

RobJohnson
11-24-2008, 03:50 PM
It's in the low 70's and I am having a great day.

Are there any bad days?

TOTD: Bottle Caps were always good...the rootbeer flavored ones...have not seen those in years. Candy "smokes" were fun to get my Grandmother all worked up.

Living in La
11-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Another great day, went with the young uns to a community Thanksgiving feast (a few days early but this in the only dinner some will be having). I reek of ham and turkey but it was worth it.

TOTD: Dots, but I only ate the red, pink and orange ones. And banana Laffy Taffy was the greatest. I still love Three Muskateers but only the fluffy noughat part.

Living in La
11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
TOTD: Bottle Caps were always good...the rootbeer flavored ones...have not seen those in years. Candy "smokes" were fun to get my Grandmother all worked up.

Those are the first candies removed from my daughter's trick-or-treating bag every Halloween. I love those things!

Bubba Dawg
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Cold and damp here. May have flurries or sleet as the cold front comes in. Brisk bracing weather for a manly man like me.

Hmmmm....candy....

Good and Plenty. The licorice flavor.

Sugar Babies.

Tootsie rolls. The little ones that come in a bag.

Bubba Dawg
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
It's in the low 70's and I am having a great day.

Are there any bad days?

Bottlecaps. I love this website.

http://oldtimecandy.com/bottlecaps.htm

RobJohnson
11-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Cold and damp here. May have flurries or sleet as the cold front comes in. Brisk bracing weather for a manly man like me.

Hmmmm....candy....

Good and Plenty. The licorice flavor.

Sugar Babies.

Tootsie rolls. The little ones that come in a bag.

All of those are good...remember the tootsie roll coin banks? Those always seemed to have the freshest tootsie rolls....

Dang...now I have a craving for candy!!!

My doctor suggested eating fish twice a week, so I eat these:

http://www.templeofdagon.com/swedish-fish/images/swedish-fish-bag.jpg