PDA

View Full Version : F$%* You San Diego Chargers

BSR
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
You had the most friggin potential to win the Super Bowl at the begining of the season and you wasted it away. I will never watch you play again. :mad:

Until next year, I am such a Homer.. :(

ralph wiggum
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Didn't the Chargers just re-sign Norv for another season? :eek:

lacarnut
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
You had the most friggin potential to win the Super Bowl at the begining of the season and you wasted it away. I will never watch you play again. :mad:

Now, now. They gave Indy one hell of a game. Most of their losses this year have been by close margins. Their luck sucks. Plus, they got rid of a great coach (Marty S.) cause he could not win the big ones. Stupid management and they let Brees go.

BSR
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Now, now. They gave Indy one hell of a game. Most of their losses this year have been by close margins. Their luck sucks. Plus, they got rid of a great coach (Marty S.) cause he could not win the big ones. Stupid management and they let Brees go.

The Brees/Rivers situation is really Brees' fault. He blew the first 4 years in the NFL. They had to draft a new QB because they wanted to win now. As soon as they draft Rivers, he becomes a Pro Bowl QB. The Chargers sat Rivers for 2 years before the cost of sitting him was just to great and finally had to go with the new QB they drafted for the future.

I would have loved to keep Brees, but no one was going to take on River's contract as a QB that sat his NFL career out at that point.

BSR
11-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Didn't the Chargers just re-sign Norv for another season? :eek:

They havent re-signed him, but Dean Spanos did say he was going to bring him back next year. :(

Shannon
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/jjai4o.jpg

BSR
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/jjai4o.jpg

http://thedarkcyde.net/gallery/albums/userpics/Funny/Forums/normal_kid_finger.jpg

Constitutionally Speaking
11-24-2008, 02:07 PM

How do you think I feel with my Lions????:mad:

BSR
11-24-2008, 02:31 PM
How do you think I feel with my Lions????:mad:

yeah, but the Lions suck. This is different. :D

BadCat
11-24-2008, 02:33 PM
yeah, but the Lions suck. This is different. :D

Cheer up my friend.
You still got the Raiders and the Chiefs to play.

And I don't think the Raiders are going to pull off another fluke like they did yesterday (though I did thoroughly enjoy it).

ralph wiggum
11-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Cheer up my friend.
You still got the Raiders and the Chiefs to play.

And I don't think the Raiders are going to pull off another fluke like they did yesterday (though I did thoroughly enjoy it).

Denver is one having one of the strangest seasons in a very weak division. I can't figure them out at all.

BSR
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Denver is one having one of the strangest seasons in a very weak division. I can't figure them out at all.

The AFC West has become the twilight zone.

Molon Labe
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM

Welcome to my world. We had Norv for 5 season's in Washington.
Not head coach material. You screwed up when you let Marty go. Everyone let's him go just before his teams peak.

BSR
11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Welcome to my world. We had Norv for 5 season's in Washington.
Not head coach material. You screwed up when you let Marty go. Everyone let's him go just before his teams peak.

Letting Marty go was a good thing. He was too conservative and predictable. They screwed up when they made Norv the head coach, but Marty wasn't the answer either.

I think we need someone who can kick some much needed ass in the locker room and light a fire under these guys. Mike Singletary was a candidate when they were replacing Marty. Bring him in. Or Bill Cower..

Rebel Yell
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Or Bill Cower..

That would be a perfect fit.

BSR
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
That would be a perfect fit.

He would never do it unless the Chargers offered him ALOT of money. He and Marty are very close friends and Marty feels the Chargers threw him under a bus.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.nachofoto.com/b-Coach-Marty-Schottenheimer-Bill-Cowher-I42bd9fe19a56.jpeg

Rebel Yell
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
He would never do it unless the Chargers offered him ALOT of money. He and Marty are very close friends and Marty feels the Chargers threw him under a bus.

I feel like Cower will end up going to a college program. Not basing it on anything, just gut feeling.

ralph wiggum
11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I feel like Cower will end up going to a college program. Not basing it on anything, just gut feeling.

I kind of suspected that Cowher was looking for a "marquee" job to come up. Cowboys or Broncos perhaps.

Just my gut feeling.

Molon Labe
11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Letting Marty go was a good thing. He was too conservative and predictable. They screwed up when they made Norv the head coach, but Marty wasn't the answer either.

I think we need someone who can kick some much needed ass in the locker room and light a fire under these guys. Mike Singletary was a candidate when they were replacing Marty. Bring him in. Or Bill Cower..

I just see the results of what's going on in SD as suggesting just the opposite. Marty get's the raw deal. He's got the track record for building up NFL teams....He's just faced some stiff competition in Championships. The SD deboggle a couple of years ago was less his fault. I remember that championship game.....Marty can't play defense.
I also come from experience as he had Washington on the fast track in 02' after Turner left and they fired him in favor of ................Steve Spurrier. :rolleyes: