PDA

View Full Version : CUer Makes National TV Tuesday Morning!

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Our very own lurkalot will be appearing on Good Morning America (ABC) this Tuesday morning!!!

She is appearing on a segment about people whose lives are changed by another person and she will be reunited with the person who changed her life many years ago. I know most of us work and won't be home to see this but many of us will want to record this for later viewing.

No word on whether Diane Sawyer will be doing a 'Special Segment: Ass Rash' but we're all hoping, of course. Don't forget to set your DVRs (or whatever) for this historic moment.

I'd appreciate it if people would bump this thread tonight so the maximum number of CUers can see it. :)

hampshirebrit
11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Good luck, Lurks, hope it goes well.

It's daytime TV, so no rash-shots, please. :p

Lars1701a
11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Good luck, Lurks, hope it goes well.

It's daytime TV, so no rash-shots, please. :p

Will the video be posted here? hope so :D

BSR
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Is this a set up or legit? :mad:

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Is this a set up or legit? :mad:

This is completely legit and above board. About a bazillion people wrote into the show about this topic and they selected a few to do stories on and our lurk was one. :)

Lars1701a
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
This is completely legit and above board. About a bazillion people wrote into the show about this topic and they selected a few to do stories on and our lurk was one. :)

We going to have a thread devoted to it?

Phillygirl
11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Very cool!! Any idea as to what time it will be airing? I could catch the first hour before work if it airs then. Otherwise, I'd love to see a tape if it can be provided (assuming Lurk is okay with us disseminating it).

BadCat
11-24-2008, 06:20 PM
She is appearing on a segment about people whose lives are changed by another person and she will be reunited with the person who changed her life many years ago.

Freeper is going to be on TV????

hampshirebrit
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Very cool!! Any idea as to what time it will be airing? I could catch the first hour before work if it airs then. Otherwise, I'd love to see a tape if it can be provided (assuming Lurk is okay with us disseminating it).

Public domain .. so not much our lurks can do either way.

Lurks, don't f**k it up. It's all over the interwebs tommorow. :D

JB
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Is Good Morning America code for Jerry Springer?

Now I have to block ABC on my TV.

At least someone get her a CU t-shirt or suggest a CU shoutout. And plus ten points if she works the words "day thread" or "woot" into the conversation. Plus twenty if she mentions JB.

Congrats lurk. Have a good time.

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 06:30 PM

The segment will be posted on the GMA blog later that day (I assume). I don't know anything about specific times. I'll just DVR the whole thing and fast forward until the relevant moment.

SarasotaRepub
11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Woots and a bump for Lurky!!!:cool::D

Maybe after she can do commercials for a butt rash cream or something!!!

Lars1701a
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM

You owe me a new laptop :D

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 06:50 PM

I heard she was in talks with Gold Bond Triple Medicated Ointment.

Phillygirl
11-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Public domain .. so not much our lurks can do either way.

Lurks, don't f**k it up. It's all over the interwebs tommorow. :D

I know. There's a difference, though, between her real friends happening across it, and her imaginary friends posting it all over the site! :)

Phillygirl
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Is Good Morning America code for Jerry Springer?

Now I have to block ABC on my TV.

At least someone get her a CU t-shirt or suggest a CU shoutout. And plus ten points if she works the words "day thread" or "woot" into the conversation. Plus twenty if she mentions JB.

Congrats lurk. Have a good time.

Okay, that made me laugh!! It's a challenge that I think she just has to live up to. I know if I were going on national t.v. I would most definitely at least work in a day thread mention!

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Bumping for a posible ass rash mention.

Anybody want to start a pool? :D

JB
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Bumping for a posible ass rash mention.

Anybody want to start a pool? :DI don't know why you are encouraging such behavior. The last thing I want to see is for that thing to go national.

BSR
11-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't know why you are encouraging such behavior. The last thing I want to see is for that thing to go national.

I will send her $200 dollars if she works in "ass rash" in her interview. That would be epic... :D

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 08:29 PM
I will send her $200 dollars if she works in "ass rash" in her interview. That would be epic... :D

I don't usually run books but....................:p

BSR
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't usually run books but....................:p

That would be awesome.

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Bumping! :)

SarasotaRepub
11-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I could just ass stick it... :D

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Bumping. :)

Ree
11-24-2008, 10:06 PM
GMA??? Damn I gotta figger out what channel that is...

Aaron Burr
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Just pretend to sneeze, Lurkster. "Ah...Ah...Ass Rash!!" And then Diane will say God bless you and then you, with tears in your eyes look to the camera and say "God bless JB."

And star wipe, and we're out.

Seems like a story book ending.

Gingersnap
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Bumping. :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Good luck, Lurky. I know you'll dazzle them. :D

RobJohnson
11-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Freeper is going to be on TV????

I was thinking the same thing. :D

Constitutionally Speaking
11-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Looking for it!

Constitutionally Speaking
11-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Lurk is on NOW!

Full-Auto
11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Time check.

Full-Auto
11-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Damn, I missed it.

Anyone going to YouTube it?

Phillygirl
11-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Lurk is on NOW!

Shoot, I knew she would be on right as I left for work. How'd she do?

asdf2231
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
She did FANTASTIC!

The story made my wife cry a little. :)

asdf2231
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM
I think the video will be going up here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4628201

Gingersnap
11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I recorded it. Any ass rash references? :p

SaintLouieWoman
11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I recorded it. Any ass rash references? :p

No references to CU, ash rash, but I thought maybe Freeper would be on. Her "angel" had the same first name as Freep or at least I thought it was the same. The furnace repair guy was here at the same time and kept talking while I was trying to watch it uninterrupted.

It was a nice piece. She did greyt, was proud of her.

Gingersnap
11-25-2008, 09:46 AM
No references to CU, ash rash, but I thought maybe Freeper would be on. Her "angel" had the same first name as Freep or at least I thought it was the same. The furnace repair guy was here at the same time and kept talking while I was trying to watch it uninterrupted.

I knew she would do a great a job. :)

Speedy
11-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Touching piece. Very good except for no ass rash mention.

asdf2231
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM

They showed a picture of her Little Bug when she was newborn and Freep was next to her in it.

Full-Auto
11-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok, who ever recorded it post a YouTube video! :)

BadCat
11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Ok, well, what was the "life changing" story?

You couldn't pay me to watch GMA, and I don't click on youtube links.

So somebody tell me.

RobJohnson
11-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Did she thank JB?

Ranger Rick
11-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok, well, what was the "life changing" story?

You couldn't pay me to watch GMA, and I don't click on youtube links.

So somebody tell me.

She was poor and unpopular during high school. Dropped out early. Two years later she got into college. Made a friend of a BMOC, Steve. He stood up for her, gave her confidence. She lost weight (looks real good), went on to get her nursing degree, and pop out a kid ( you knew that). Steve left college after his freshman year, never to see her again. He is now a VP of an unnamed company.

Yeh, I teared up.

biccat
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
She was poor and unpopular during high school. Dropped out early. Two years later she got into college. Made a friend of a BMOC, Steve. He stood up for her, gave her confidence. She lost weight (looks real good), went on to get her nursing degree, and pop out a kid ( you knew that). Steve left college after his freshman year, never to see her again. He is now a VP of an unnamed company.

And skipped over one of the most pivotal and life changing periods in her life, ass rash '08. Very disappointing. The video is up at the GMA website.

Also, mega props for Lurk for being that close to Diane Sawyer without vomiting. Well played.

BSR
11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I demand a link now to view it !!! :mad:

biccat
11-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I demand a link now to view it !!! :mad:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Click on the "thankful for friendship" link.

BSR
11-25-2008, 11:59 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Click on the "thankful for friendship" link.

Got it, thanks.. :D

BSR
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
She said "I was an oddball"...

Was an oddball? You still are Lurk.. :D

You looked and sounded great Lurk, You are now CU's community celebrity.

FlaGator
11-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Excellent! Thank you lurk for sharing that with the world! I have to go wipe my eyes dry now.

Phillygirl
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Nice piece, Lurk. What a wonderful Thanksgiving day present for you and Steve.

Full-Auto
11-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I just watched it, that's really cool. I'm glad you guys got to meet up again and you got some air time on national television. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. You did GREAT!

I'm curious, I didn't see any "Obama sucks" buttons or t-shirts. What gives? You failed us in that respect.

Is Steve a Conservative?

Molon Labe
11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
That was a very nice piece.....Well done Lurk.....made me a bit sad. It's good to see people who've overcome things with the help of good people.

Lars1701a
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I am in a truck stop restaurant, trying not to tear up lol

Very touching story :)

Full-Auto
11-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Ok, I'll give you it was a great story but gives with you guys saying you're tearing up?

Seriously, do you squat to pee or what?

Enough with the "I had to wipe tears from my eye" girlie comments already. You're causing me to tear up. ;)

BSR
11-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Ok, I'll give you it was a great story but gives with you guys saying you're tearing up?

Enough with the "I had to wipe tears from my eye" girlie comments already. You're causing me to tear up. ;)

Exactly.. Friggin homos.. :mad:

Lars1701a
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM

I am sorry you have no soul. :D

Space Gravy
11-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Wow. What a great story!

FlaGator
11-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Full-Auto

Enough with the "I had to wipe tears from my eye" girlie comments already. You're causing me to tear up.

Exactly.. Friggin homos.. :mad:

Return to the living dead movie your soulless body came from.

Bubba Dawg
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Wow, Lurk's a Babe!

Great storie Lurkie. Nicely told. Thanks for sharing.

SarasotaRepub
11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Woot! Fantastic story Lurky, very nice. Steve is obviously a greyt guy
and so are you. Greyt that is, not a guy...:D

hampshirebrit
11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
So any YT vid yet?

RobJohnson
11-26-2008, 01:32 AM

Yeh, I teared up.

She ended up with several degrees and continues to grow in her career field. Several people's lives are touched daily by her direction!

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Just got in! Thanks all! I would like to point out how difficult it was to sit in that high chair next to Diane Sawyer with my tender condition and all :D Seriously, am very touched by your comments, and the compliments..wow... I'm gonna start thinking I'm somebody now :D

RobJohnson
11-26-2008, 02:07 AM
Let us know when you are done with the book, so we can attend the book signing!

SaintLouieWoman
11-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Just got in! Thanks all! I would like to point out how difficult it was to sit in that high chair next to Diane Sawyer with my tender condition and all :D Seriously, am very touched by your comments, and the compliments..wow... I'm gonna start thinking I'm somebody now :D

You are something and don't ever forget it. Wow, we now know a celebrity. Seriously I was impressed at how you revealed so much about yourself. That shows much confidence in yourself.

Probably many folks can identify with not being part of the "cool or popular" kids. And understood completely your remark about all the women who tried to be your friend when the handsome Steve was your pal. My two cousins went to high school with me. One was a year older, the other a year younger. Both were the captains of the football team when they were seniors. You wouldn't believe how many girls tried to be my buddy, thinking I'd intro them to the cousins. (And I wasn't one of the popular kids in high school---was one of those earnest academic students).

I was so impressed with your poise and how you carried it off. Did you have the little bug with you? Wondered if Freeps noticed that his pic was on national tv. :D

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 09:45 PM
You are something and don't ever forget it. Wow, we now know a celebrity. Seriously I was impressed at how you revealed so much about yourself. That shows much confidence in yourself.

Probably many folks can identify with not being part of the "cool or popular" kids. And understood completely your remark about all the women who tried to be your friend when the handsome Steve was your pal. My two cousins went to high school with me. One was a year older, the other a year younger. Both were the captains of the football team when they were seniors. You wouldn't believe how many girls tried to be my buddy, thinking I'd intro them to the cousins. (And I wasn't one of the popular kids in high school---was one of those earnest academic students).

I was so impressed with your poise and how you carried it off. Did you have the little bug with you? Wondered if Freeps noticed that his pic was on national tv. :D

just got off the phone with freeper (its the bug's big six bday) a friend of his called and said "hey your ex wife is on tv and a picture of you was on there too" and so he watched it on the website. I left the little bug at home with a sitter, didn't want to have to worry about her and put her thru the hustle and bustle and traveling. Besides, she is a little miffed at me, she wanted to be on dancing with the stars, so didn't understand why mama couldn't pull some strings there.
I guess all the years of public speaking, comedy improv and public service announcements for march of dimes paid off, I wasn't that nervous, although I did have a few twinges when they told me Diane Sawyer wanted to do this one herself! My poor friend was a nervous wreck though he said as soon as he realized who it was, he relaxed, and you can see that smile of his shining again.

asdf2231
11-26-2008, 09:47 PM

You always WERE doll! :)

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 09:50 PM
You always WERE doll! :)

awww you are just saying that cuz you don't know if all the airline travel exacerbated the ass rash so you want to be on my good side just in case :p

SaintLouieWoman
11-26-2008, 09:51 PM
just got off the phone with freeper (its the bug's big six bday) a friend of his called and said "hey your ex wife is on tv and a picture of you was on there too" and so he watched it on the website. I left the little bug at home with a sitter, didn't want to have to worry about her and put her thru the hustle and bustle and traveling. Besides, she is a little miffed at me, she wanted to be on dancing with the stars, so didn't understand why mama couldn't pull some strings there.
I guess all the years of public speaking, comedy improv and public service announcements for march of dimes paid off, I wasn't that nervous, although I did have a few twinges when they told me Diane Sawyer wanted to do this one herself! My poor friend was a nervous wreck though he said as soon as he realized who it was, he relaxed, and you can see that smile of his shining again.

That little six year old bug (tell her happy birthday) has big plans for you. :D She'll probably be your agent.

Didn't know that you did comedy improv. You really did seem like a pro there and were more authentic next to Sawyer's saccharine sweet, cloying delivery.

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 09:55 PM
That little six year old bug (tell her happy birthday) has big plans for you. :D She'll probably be your agent.

Didn't know that you did comedy improv. You really did seem like a pro there and were more authentic next to Sawyer's saccharine sweet, cloying delivery.

I'll pass on the birthday wishes, she's been getting phone calls all night, kid is more popular than I am!
I used to get called on a lot to do speaking for small groups/meetings when they couldn't find a last minute speaker. Then of course my staff learned this, so now get requests at odd times for odd topics.

JB
11-26-2008, 09:57 PM
...you don't know if all the airline travel exacerbated the ass rash...And just like that...all the goodwill in this thread is gone.

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 09:59 PM
And just like that...all the goodwill in this thread is gone.

I thought you had me on ignore this week? :confused: You're just cranky because i was on t.v. hugging on another man. Really, we have to talk about your jealousy issues, trust me, there is enough of me to go around. :cool:

JB
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM
I thought you had me on ignore this week? :confused: You're just cranky because i was on t.v. hugging on another man. Really, we have to talk about your jealousy issues, trust me, there is enough of me to go around. :cool:Don't take me down that road. I'm going to let you have your nice thread...Thanksgiving and all.

I did put a block on ABC if it makes you feel any better.

ralph wiggum
11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
...Besides, she is a little miffed at me, she wanted to be on dancing with the stars...

Hopefully not dancing with Warren Sapp.

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Hopefully not dancing with Warren Sapp.

I doubt if the little bug would dance with a partner, would steal her thunder..she's a spotlight kinda girl

BSR
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I doubt if the little bug would dance with a partner, would steal her thunder..she's a spotlight kinda girl

Gee, I wonder where she gets that? :rolleyes:

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Gee, I wonder where she gets that? :rolleyes:

oh you know how freeper is, its all about "notice me, notice me" :rolleyes:

asdf2231
11-26-2008, 10:40 PM

Hey how is he doing these day?

I haven't seen him posting anywhere in forever.

Everything okay with him?

BSR
11-26-2008, 10:44 PM

He is a bit of an attention whore. Where the hell is he these days?

BSR
11-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey how is he doing these day?

I haven't seen him posting anywhere in forever.

Everything okay with him?

What he said.. :D

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 10:55 PM
What he said.. :D

He's working nights. Maybe his new ol' lady doesn't want him hanging out with you boys? :cool:

BSR
11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
He's working nights. Maybe his new ol' lady doesn't want him hanging out with you boys? :cool:

That's too bad. She would love us.

lurkalot
11-26-2008, 11:07 PM
That's too bad. She would love us.

oh the things I could say :eek:

BSR
11-26-2008, 11:08 PM
oh the things I could say :eek:

http://solastyear.com/thosearemyshoes.jpg

I like to post random pictures in threads to confuse and disorientate

Wretched Excess
11-27-2008, 01:52 AM
as a male . . . I must say, it is the professor.:D

Jumpy
11-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Just watched it!! Wow!! You look and sound great Lurk!!

submarinepainter
11-27-2008, 08:46 AM
That was a cool story Lurks , I would be scared to go out on stage!!!