PDA

View Full Version : Something Interesting Happened ar Work

FourWinds
06-14-2017, 01:03 AM
So I had something interesting happen today. I work in the durable medical equipment industry (home oxygen, beds etc).

I was slated to meet a family in a local apartment complex this afternoon on one of my least favorite runs. Family was Spanish language only and the client was just born, the insurance was medicaid...you can probably put twi and two together on this one. *Cough* anchor baby *cough*

Well I pull into the complex, unload the equipment, and I saw three vehicles with flashing lights parked near where I had to enter. They weren't locals, county, or state. The vehicles were all white SUVS. In fact I didn't even recognize the emblem on the drivers side door. It looked like some kind of golden shield. Local law around here has nothing that looks like that. I enter the building and notice three pairs of officers go to each floor and begin knocking on certain doors. For example the pair on the same floor as me would knock on one door, move down three doors and knock again so on and so forth.

I get to my door and no one answers. Our interpreter had just spoken with these people not 10 minutes before I showed up and there isn't a peep. We attempted to make phone contact and nothing. No idea what was going on but it was interesting as hell.

RobJohnson
06-14-2017, 04:38 AM
I wonder if they thought you were ICE?

FourWinds
06-14-2017, 10:31 AM
I wonder if they thought you were ICE?

The door had a peep hole. I wonder if they just didn't want to open the door while those guys were prowling around l.

RobJohnson
06-14-2017, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a crazy day at work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noonwitch
06-14-2017, 11:38 AM
The door had a peep hole. I wonder if they just didn't want to open the door while those guys were prowling around l.

I get that at work sometimes, but I'm usually the one they are avoiding.

Banacek
06-14-2017, 01:59 PM
FourWinds

It looked like some kind of golden shield

I don't know if this is relevant but ......

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/images/iceHistory.png

FourWinds
06-14-2017, 06:00 PM
FourWinds

I don't know if this is relevant but ......

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/images/iceHistory.png

Possibly. There was an eagle on top from what I could see at a distance. Common sense kept me from getting too close. I didn't want to be seen snooping around the vehicles.

NJCardFan
06-14-2017, 08:33 PM
Interesting day to say the least.