PDA

View Full Version : Batman To Be Killed Off.

Gingersnap
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Batman to be killed off after 70 years
Batman is to be killed off after 70 years, the comic's writer has revealed.

By Urmee Khan
Last Updated: 1:12PM GMT 25 Nov 2008

Does Robin kill Batman? Photo: WARNER BROS 'Batman RIP' will see "the end of Bruce Wayne as Batman", according to Grant Morrison.

There are rumours that Batman will suffer a gruesome end when his sidekick Robin goes over to "the dark side" and destroys him in a terrible betrayal.

Batman, alter ego of Bruce Wayne a wealthy industrialist, operates in the American Gotham City.

Others speculate that Wayne may either retire from his duties or be killed by a mystery villain known as the Black Glove.

His fate will be revealed in the latest issue of DC Comic's Batman, published on 26 November.

Either way, his demise will lead to a hunt for a replacement.

"What I am doing is a fate worse than death, things that no one would expect to happen to these guys at all," Mr Morrison told Comic Book Resources.

These really are the End Days. :mad:

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news//newstopics/celebritynews/3517456/Batman-to-be-killed-off-after-70-years.html)

BadCat
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
These really are the End Days. :mad:

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news//newstopics/celebritynews/3517456/Batman-to-be-killed-off-after-70-years.html)

I never trusted that Robin.
Too ghey.

biccat
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I remember when they "killed" Superman.

The death of Batman just means a thousand new spinoff and "alternate universe" comics will spring up.

Zathras
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM
I remember when they "killed" Superman.

The death of Batman just means a thousand new spinoff and "alternate universe" comics will spring up.

Yup. Besides, unless the Joker does it, it won't be a true death. In fact, if someone else does it, I expect the Joker to go after the perp for doing something that he thinks is his exclusive right to do, killing the Bat.

megimoo
11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
I never trusted that Robin.
Too ghey.boys in tights is a sure giveaway !

biccat
11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Yup. Besides, unless the Joker does it, it won't be a true death. In fact, if someone else does it, I expect the Joker to go after the perp for doing something that he thinks is his exclusive right to do, killing the Bat.
Very true.

Much like the Green Lantern will never be killed by anything other than a strong curry, Batman can never be "really" killed by anyone other his great arch-enemy, at least to most of his fans.

That was kind of the problem with the Death of Superman, it wasn't Luthor who ended Superman's life, so it wasn't really "accepted" as the end. If Luthor had done the deed, it would have been a much stronger statement.

Goldwater
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Batman will be back as a cyborg or something crap like that within 3 months.

FlaGator
11-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Maybe they'll replace Batman and Robin with Ace and Gary!:D

movie buff
11-25-2008, 07:50 PM

Indeed.
In the excellent "Batman, the Animated Series," there was an episode called "The Man Who Killed Batman," in which it is believed that Batman was apparently accidentally killed by a very low level mafia thug. Needless to say, the Joker does NOT take the news very well. This scene, in which he holds an impromptu funeral for the Dark Knight, gives an idea of his feelings on it (And shows why, IMO, Mark Hamill is the best Joker actor EVER). P.S. the scrawny little guy in the glasses in this video is Batman's would- be killer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0uIhst3TA

djones520
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
While I see this as nothing more then a lame attempt to capitalize on the hype that Marvel got by kinda-whacking Captain America, I do gotta say this is kinda funny. I know a guy who just HATES the Batman series solely because of Robin. This outta be something fun to set him flying off the edge.

Bubba Dawg
11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
boys in tights is a sure giveaway !

You makin' fun of me...????:mad::D

http://n.b5z.net/i/u/10015567/i/simeoni.jpg

enslaved1
11-26-2008, 09:27 AM
It's a tightrope. One of the problems with American comics has been the refusal to let go of some traditions, which has lead to much of the history rewriting and Earths 1 through infinity garbage that plagues geeks and casual readers alike. Attempts to genuinley shake up the comics universe are either publicity stunts (Death of Superman) or poorly executed (Ben Riley, the one true Spider Man). While getting a brand new Batman could inject life into the franchise (I haven't kept up with comics in years, so I don't know if it needs it or not), Bruce Wayne is a pillar of comicdom. Fans will hate to lose him, but if the situation is handled properly, they will warm up to the new Dark Knight. If it is a publicity stunt, or goes bad and DC says "oops, it was all a dream" the backlash will be fierce.