PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Bush in hospital

SarasotaRepub
11-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Barbara Bush taken to hospital. Supposed to be released later today.

Just heard this on Fox, no link yet.

Bubba Dawg
11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I hope all is well.

SaintLouieWoman
11-25-2008, 10:30 PM
They said she's been sick for a week. Hope all is well with her. She's a greyt woman.

marinejcksn
11-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Get well soon Bar. Hope she's ok.

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ai4fhi.jpg

Former First Lady Barbara Bush rushed to Houston hospital in pain

Former First Lady Barbara Bush was rushed to a Houston hospital late Tuesday complaining of what a family spokesman called "a little bit of pain."

Her husband, former president George H.W. Bush, was with her and their son, the outgoing president George W. Bush, was notified.

The candid-talking Mrs. Bush, who is 83 years old, was given a series of tests, which came back negative. But as a precaution, she was being kept overnight.

Barbara Bush had reported stomach pains in recent days, which did not dissipate. Tuesday evening she felt worse, phoned her husband's office and asked him to take her to the hospital.

The couple's Secret Service detail rushed both to Methodist Hospital.

During her White House years Mrs. Bush revealed that she suffers from Graves disease, an overactive thyroid condition that causes blurred vision and teary eyes. It was not known if that condition is related to her current difficulty.

Link (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/11/barbara-bush.html)

Mythic
11-26-2008, 08:01 PM
This foreshadows a future Obama mistake

SaintLouieWoman
11-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Just heard on Fox that she had surgery for a perforated ulcer and probably will be in the hospital for a week.

Hope she gets better soon. She's a lovely and articulate lady.

jinxmchue
11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
The couple's Secret Service detail rushed both to Methodist Hospital.

She not only gets the best doctors available, but she gets the best transportation, too.

noonwitch
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Just heard on Fox that she had surgery for a perforated ulcer and probably will be in the hospital for a week.

Hope she gets better soon. She's a lovely and articulate lady.

I'll bet that perforated ulcer was painful. She appears to be healthy, overall, which is a good thing.

I'm always amazed at how healthy her husband is. How many 80 something guys jump out of planes?