PDA

View Full Version : Terror attacks in Mumbai; 80 dead, over 900 injured

linda22003
11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
There's a lot happening on the other side of the world right now. :(

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Terrorists_strike_Mumbai_80_dead_900_hurt/articleshow/3761410.cms

Lars1701a
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
There's a lot happening on the other side of the world right now. :(

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Terrorists_strike_Mumbai_80_dead_900_hurt/articleshow/3761410.cms

ROP is at it again i see.

OwlMBA
11-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Wait..... I thought all of the peoples of the world loved Americans now that we have elected Obama?!?! What happened???

BadCat
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Wait..... I thought all of the peoples of the world loved Americans now that we have elected Obama?!?! What happened???

Just a preview of coming attractions for next year.

OwlMBA
11-26-2008, 06:00 PM

Only next year these attacks will be in the US and Western Europe.

Lars1701a
11-26-2008, 06:04 PM

Joking aside if members of the ROP do attack inside the US what do you think * will do? ( * being the magic negro)

Lets say a train bombing? or a repeat of 9-11?

BadCat
11-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Joking aside if members of the ROP do attack inside the US what do you think * will do? ( * being the magic negro)

Not a damn thing.
Just a lot of words.

OwlMBA
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM

I agree with BadCat. Typical liberal, pacifist, pussy.

He will talk big and do nothing.

Obama is a big mouth with no substance. No depth. And no character. A facade. A superficial man of platitude.

linda22003
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't know why I thought people might actually be thinking of the people in Mumbai tonight.

lacarnut
11-26-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't know why I thought people might actually be thinking of the people in Mumbai tonight.

We are thinking of the horrible attack with the loss of life and injuries and pray for their loved ones. However, we also realize the dangers of a terrorist attack with a new Prez coming aboard. One that has zero foreign policy experience. Some of us can multi-task/multi-think while others can not.

JB
11-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't know why I thought people might actually be thinking of the people in Mumbai tonight.This post needs more rolleyes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
India has been wracked by bomb attacks the past three years, which police blame on Muslim militants intent on destabilizing this largely Hindu country. Nearly 700 people have died.Yes, the loss of life is tragic. Always is.

Maybe we need to step up the efforts to defeat the root cause of these human tragedies. People are just sick of this Muslim extremist bullshit. Killing innocents in the name of the ROP nonsense. That's the tragedy.

FlaGator
11-26-2008, 07:57 PM

Thoughts of revenge and politics are more satisfying I guess...

SarasotaRepub
11-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Tragic events today, I hadn't even heard this happened till just a hour ago.

Just a thought for any ROP lurkers that happen across CU, you pull this kind
of shit in this country and you and your followers will be RIPieces. An attack
like this in the US and it will get very ugly, very fast.

I need more SKS ammo...:D

asdf2231
11-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Tragic events today, I hadn't even heard this happened till just a hour ago.

Just a thought for any ROP lurkers that happen across CU, you pull this kind
of shit in this country and you and your followers will be RIPieces. An attack
like this in the US and it will get very ugly, very fast.

I need more SKS ammo...:D

Cough3Cough

:D

Hope the Indians have a good response.

Sonnabend
11-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Mumbai is in flames tonight, and here in Australia we are now praying that our ciitzens are not about to become pawns in a bloody game of Danegeld.

Indians were not the target..Americans were mot the target...we were.

Another three shot.

Up to 101 dead, 287 injured in attack
One Australian reported dead
Several Australians involved, two injured

This was a coordinated attack and the head of the anti terror unit in Mumbai is dead.

Taylor, 49, was brought dead to St George hospital in south Mumbai, hospital sources told the PTI. A Japanese national was also brought dead to the Bombay hospital in south Mumbai late last night, hospital sources said.

Tokyo-based company, Mitsui Marubeni Liquefied Gas Co, confirmed that its employee Hisashi Tsuda, 38, was shot dead by gunmen as he was checking into the Oberoi Trident hotel, Agence France-Presse reported.

Eleven foreigners, including Australians, were injured in the terror strikes and were admitted to the Bombay hospital.
Another Australian was undergoing surgery for a gunshot wound after terrorists went on a rampage, killing as many as 101 people in a series of attacks in India's financial capital Mumbai.

Mumbai = Bali..Mumbai is to India is what Bali is to Indonesia is what Hong Kong is to China..a massive commercial hub, home of Bollywood.

Dozens of Australians are hostages..or missing, or in hiding, knowing that showing their faces will get them a bullet in the back. Ther terroprist strike we feared has copme..and we are the targets.

"They have attacked hotels, they have attacked the hospitals, they have attacked the railway station," he said.

The Taj Hotel was surrounded by armed police, ambulances and fire engines,as dawn broke. "The terrorists are throwing grenades at us from the rooftop of the Taj and trying to stop us from moving in," police Inspector Ashok Patil said.
Actress Brooke Satchwell has told how she escaped the rampaging terrorists (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24714868-401,00.html) by spending an hour hiding in a hotel toilet before racing past dead bodies as she ran into the street.

Cricket Australia has called off a tour to India (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24714500-29277,00.html) by Australian cricketers for the Champions Twenty20 League next week.

It confirmed that the hotel at the centre of the attacks was to be home to players competing in the upcoming Champions League (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24714570-11088,00.html), including Shane Warne.

Sonnabend
11-27-2008, 02:44 AM
An Australian soldier has also been killed in Afghanistan. We are starting to pay a steep price for our part in this war on terror...DFAT (foreign affairs) has just issued a stay away order.

An Australian man caught up in the terror attacks in Mumbai called Channel 7, desperate for help to escape the hotel (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24714367-23109,00.html)in which at least two gunmen opened fire.
Steve Smith called Seven from a “dingy little room” at the back of the Taj, where he was hiding after seeing two gunmen toss grenades into the Leopold…
Mr Smith said he was desperate to find a way out of the hotel with a Japanese woman and two German air stewards he was hiding with…
“I’d like someone to tell me what’s going on so I can make a plan to get out of here with these guys. I’m about a block from the harbour and my plan is just to go.”
Mr Smith said he became separated from an Australian man and woman when he went back downstairs to lock a door cutting off the terrorists.

Update:

A local journalist told CNN he had seen evidence of an attack at the city’s domestic airport (http://www.wctv.tv/APNews/headlines/35158304.html), which is on the outskirts of the Mumbai.

Sonnabend
11-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Fresh blasts at Taj, Trident, Nariman; 287 injured (http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/default.aspx)

"There have been loud explosions at Taj hotel and it seems the crisis is far from over but the police say the hostage situation at the hotel has ended. There are reports of a blast at Trident hotel where 10-12 terrorists are still holed up. A grenade blast occured at the Nariman House."

Unconfirmed reports state another 4- 5 Australians may be dead in the assault on the airport. News is sketchy at best.

UPDATE

27 Nov 2008, 1410 hrs IST, AGENCIES http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=3527391 All hostages at Taj have been rescued, Maharashtra DGP A N Roy said. Four suicide bombers have reportedly been killed in the hotel.

Oh HELL....India Times reports.

MUMBAI: Preliminary investigations on Thursday pointed to involvement of at least some Pakistani nationals in the serial terror attacks in Mumbai
that left over 100 dead and 270 others injured.

"There are indications that the perpetrators of the crime, who arrived in Mumbai by boats, are Pakistani nationals," authoritative sources said.

The indications are based on information gathered from captured terrorists, the sources said.

Maharashtra deputy chief minister R R Patil, who also holds the Home portfolio, said revealing detailed information on the terror strikes could prove detrimental at this juncture.

"We have total clues. But disclosing information would not help the case," Patil said. "This is an attack on the country. We will disclose information at an appropriate time," he said.

Meanwhile, there are reports that Colaba police have impounded four boats allegedly used by the terrorists to reach the Mumbai coast.

Molon Labe
11-27-2008, 07:47 AM
More info and links to this.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article5240992.ece

It felt like India's 9/11 | Co-ordinated attacks | Terrorist 'spectacular' expected | Islamist group suspected | City's history of violence | MEP fears | US promises united front | Cricket tour in doubt

One of the earliest signs that something was wrong came at about 10.30pm, local time, when two men were seen carrying AK47 rifles and grenades at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Bombay’s main railway station.

Seconds later, the men were spraying the concourse with gunfire, sending the passengers running for their lives. Within minutes, Bombay’s security forces were inundated with news of a horrifying wave of terror attacks across the city.

A five-minute car journey south of the train station, men armed with bombs, grenades and automatic rifles stormed the lobby of Bombay’s best hotel, the Taj Mahal Palace. Witnesses said that they targeted British and American citizens.

“They were very young, like boys really, wearing jeans and T-shirts,” said Rakesh Patel, a British guest at the Taj, whose face was blackened by the smoke.

He told an Indian television channel that he was one of about a dozen foreigners who had been herded together by two armed men and taken up to the hotel’s upper floors.

“They said they wanted anyone with British and American passports and then they took us up the stairs. I think they wanted to take us to the roof,” he said. He and another hostage managed to escape when they reached the 18th floor, he said.

video links

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/Mumbai-attack-who-are-the-killers/Video/200811415163301?lpos=video_Article_Related_Content _Region_3&lid=VIDEO_15163301_Mumbai_attack%3A_who_are_the_ki llers

Hawkgirl
11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
To add to this..the terrorists were looking at passports to decifer their homes....they were mainly looking for those with american and british passports....:mad:

cat714
11-27-2008, 04:22 PM
My goodness, I can't believe what is going on over there. How terrible for all those people and their families. :( What a bunch of monsters!!

Didn't Biden say Obama will be tested within the first 6 months? These terrorist didn't waste time.

Fuck diplomacy. We need to kill these people ASAP. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
11-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm watching CNN International on the internet.

Hope these links work:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream3

if not that one, maybe this one:

http://edition.cnn.com/

Bubba Dawg
11-27-2008, 05:16 PM
One Indian official said that (at least some) of the terrorists weren't armed with AK 47's but instead had MP-6's.

I don't really know what an MP6 is.

FlaGator
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
One Indian official said that (at least some) of the terrorists weren't armed with AK 47's but instead had MP-6's.

I don't really know what an MP6 is.

I believe this should explain it

http://weapons.travellercentral.com/smgs/smg.gif

Bubba Dawg
11-27-2008, 08:07 PM
I believe this should explain it

http://weapons.travellercentral.com/smgs/smg.gif

Relatively concealable in a pack. Light. Rapid rate of fire. You can carry lots of clips because it's probably 9mm. With sub-sonic rounds it can fire suppressed.

Yep.

I had heard of an MP 5 Must be the next generation.

Who makes it?

FlaGator
11-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Relatively concealable in a pack. Light. Rapid rate of fire. You can carry lots of clips because it's probably 9mm. With sub-sonic rounds it can fire suppressed.

Yep.

I had heard of an MP 5 Must be the next generation.

Who makes it?

I believe it is made by Heckler and Koch.

Sonnabend
11-28-2008, 02:53 AM
To add to this..the terrorists were looking at passports to decifer their homes....they were mainly looking for those with american and british passports.

Looks like they didn't find any.

Four dead Australians so far..and more expected :(

zBoots
11-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Pakistan again.

Its ok though, lets pretend nations like paki and saudi are allies. :rolleyes:

This was a islamic terror attack on everyone, not just India. The fact Americans were singled out makes it clear what should be done.

But what will we do?

Build another village in some shit hole and urge restraint and explain that there is this was not really a muslim attack.

Sonnabend
11-30-2008, 04:10 AM
This was a islamic terror attack on everyone, not just India. The fact Americans were singled out makes it clear what should be done.

Americans were not the only ones singled out, thank you, and no Americans died in this attack. Five Australians dead and 37 still missing.

When you have the time, spare them and their families a thought?

zBoots
11-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Americans were not the only ones singled out, thank you, and no Americans died in this attack. Five Australians dead and 37 still missing.

When you have the time, spare them and their families a thought?

That really does no good.

The entire world is the victim of Muslim terrorism. I pray the world chooses to stop being the victim of it. So long as the liberal fantasy about islam continues, many more of your precious Australians will die.

Your nation is a token supporter of the war on terror. This is a chance to get on board and do the right thing, as India should. You have a powerful nation with a proud history of war fighting, It is up to Australia to do more than "thoughts and well wishes".

Or, you guys can continue to roll over, succumb to liberals, disarm, and die while begging for folks on the internets to send you thoughts.

linda22003
11-30-2008, 03:31 PM

We're tied with you, if keeping score matters. :(

wiegenlied
11-30-2008, 07:51 PM
We're tied with you, if keeping score matters. :(

It has been updated (http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE4AR3P920081128). Even alot of Indian civilians were also injured and died. Everyone was targeted except the extermist muslims themselves, so collective efforts to combat them and sincere prayers for the victims are more important, rather than quibbling over the numbers, I think.

Sonnabend
12-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Your nation is a token supporter of the war on terror. This is a chance to get on board and do the right thing, as India should. You have a powerful nation with a proud history of war fighting, It is up to Australia to do more than "thoughts and well wishes".

I will treat that remark with the contempt it deserves.

Sonnabend
12-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Here, allow me to illustrate the depth of your lack of knowledge.

Lets start with Narrungar and Pine Gap, shall we? Ever hear of DEW? No? Distant Early Warning...we watch your backs whilst you sleep.

We relay satellite data for you from across the globe..all those KH11 satellites and intelsats wont get very far unless we relay the data and ensure that when they are out of the plane of the ecliptic , that you keep getting data and photographs.

Lets revisit OIF, when we dropped SpecOps behind the lines before the invasion, to ensure that they didnt get birds into the air to pound your troops flat.

We also relayed intel to your troops prior to the Thunder Run.

Now lets move to Indonesia and the Philippines and Malaysia...ever hear of them? No? They are major Muslim nations, Sunni, with loads of jihadis. Guess who provides you with loads of intel and data on their movements?

Guess who intercepted and stopped more than one plan to blow one of your airliners to kingdom come?

Guess who was in Iraq and trained your air controllers and made sure the skies were clear and controlled so that your troops in iraq were well supplied?

Ever hear of JI? They're a jihadi group, an offshoot of AQ...we keep an eye on them for you since we have the best assets on the ground.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P1-99190129.html

Fed: Australian anti-terror squads to be posted in SE Asia

Australia will set up flying squads of federal police to foil terrorist attacks across
south-east Asia under plansDid you know that your anti terror troops come here to be trained? No? They do.

ASIO and ASIS and a host of other organisations share and disseminate intel on a daily basis, just because you dont hear about it doesnt mean they arent there. They do it quietly, which is why they are called covert ops.

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:ImSPiA7oQFMJ:www.jamestown.org/terrorism/news/article.php%3Fissue_id%3D3546+aust+anti+terror+ope rations&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=29&gl=au

Addendum

Melbourne suspects:
Abdul Nacer Benbrika, 45 Algerian, spiritual leader
Fadal Sayadi, 25 Lebanese parents
Ahmed Raad, 22 Lebanese parents
Ezzit Raad, 23 Lebanese parents
Abdulla Merhi, 20 Lebanese parents
Aimen Joud, 21 Lebanese parents
Amer Haddara, 26 Lebanese parents
Hany Taha, 31 Lebanese parents
Shane Kent aka Yasin, 28 Convert, trained with al-Qaeda
Izzydeen Atik, 25 Arrested in Sydney, November 10

Sydney suspects:

Omar Baladjam, 28 Father and wife Indonesian
Abdul Rakib Hasan, 34 Bangladeshi. Connected with JI and Brigitte
Mirsad Mulahalilovic, 29 Bosnian convert
Khaled Sharrouf, 24 Family connections with Brigitte
Khaled Cheikho, 32 Trained with Laskar-e-Taiba
Mustafa Cheikho, 28 Trained with Laskar-e-Taiba
Mohamed Ali Elomar, 40 Trained with Laskar-e-Taiba
Mazen Touma, 25 No information available

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200605/s1641335.htm

The United States and Australia have signed an agreement for greater information sharing and cooperation in research to combat terrorism.

The pact is similar to those already in place between the United States and Britain, Canada, Israel and Singapore.

A Pentagon report says it will focus on areas such as "identifying and detecting terrorists and terrorist groups, foiling their efforts, neutralising their weapons, and reducing the probability of terrorist incidents".

The agreement comes the penultimate day of Prime Minister John Howard's visit to the United States.

It has been signed by Thomas O'Connell, US assistant secretary of defence for special operations and low-intensity conflict, and Peter Shergold, Australia's secretary for the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.

Mr O'Connell calls it "significant," paving the way for sharing "more sensitive, proprietary information".
Cost-sharing

The memorandum of understanding provides cost-sharing over the next 10 years for combined research and development across technology areas and activities in battling terrorism.

It enables the United States to "tap into Australia's extensive technological, intelligence and special operations capabilities to better serve war fighters and first responders on the front lines against terror".

"This advances the partnership between our two countries in a very tangible way," Henry Crumpton, the US state department's counter-terrorism coordinator, said.

Mr Shergold says the agreement "continues the process of binding together two strong allies" and "offers a real opportunity for us to work together at the preventive end."

Mr Howard and Mr Bush reaffirmed their commitment on the war on terror following extensive talks at the White House.

Want me to go on?

zBoots
12-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm not degrading Australia. The fluff you posted aside, it is simple fact. Your nation provides 2nd tier token support to the war on terror. I think your nation now has a duty to commit a real level of troops to the war on terror. Your nation owes it to your citizens who were massacred by the islamists. If you continue to stick your head in the sand and ignore the war on terror, then it is your nations fault. Your nation has a few thousand committed relegated to mostly low key roles (such as training). If your nation is committed to the war on terror, it should be tens of thousands.

Zathras
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm not degrading Australia. The fluff you posted aside, it is simple fact. Your nation provides 2nd tier token support to the war on terror. I think your nation now has a duty to commit a real level of troops to the war on terror. Your nation owes it to your citizens who were massacred by the islamists. If you continue to stick your head in the sand and ignore the war on terror, then it is your nations fault. Your nation has a few thousand committed relegated to mostly low key roles (such as training). If your nation is committed to the war on terror, it should be tens of thousands.

Wow...in the dictionary under idiot they have a picture of zBoots. Maybe if you'd do some research zDUmmie you'd realise that Austrailia's army only has about 50,000 soldiers in uniform and are providing what support they can. And it's not token support as you ignorantly claim. With the Aussies taking the lead in Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia it lessens the burden on our troops in the war on terror.

Sonnabend
12-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm not degrading Australia.

Yes, you are.

The fluff you posted aside, it is simple fact.

Those were facts,That you cant handle it is not my problem.

Your nation provides 2nd tier token support to the war on terror. I think your nation now has a duty to commit a real level of troops to the war on terror. Your nation owes it to your citizens who were massacred by the islamists. If you continue to stick your head in the sand and ignore the war on terror, then it is your nations fault. Your nation has a few thousand committed relegated to mostly low key roles (such as training). If your nation is committed to the war on terror, it should be tens of thousands.

Go away and study, will you? What you dont know would fill Kansas.

Sonnabend
12-01-2008, 04:31 PM
A three man intel team in Indonesia, with the right information sent at the right time, ensures that a huge troop movement is not needed.

More than once we have had the Indonesians or the Filipinos deal with them quickly, quietly..and permanently.

There is more than one way to fight a war...a lesson you have never learned.

M21
12-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow...in the dictionary under idiot they have a picture of zBoots. Maybe if you'd do some research zDUmmie you'd realise that Austrailia's army only has about 50,000 soldiers in uniform and are providing what support they can. And it's not token support as you ignorantly claim. With the Aussies taking the lead in Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia it lessens the burden on our troops in the war on terror.
So the entire nation of Australia fields the equivilant of only one US Army Infantry Division?

Zathras
12-02-2008, 04:33 AM
So the entire nation of Australia fields the equivilant of only one US Army Infantry Division?

From the info I could find, that's what the force level of the Australian army was, active and reserve. Probably wrong but I could not find any more info to prove otherwise.

Sonnabend
12-02-2008, 05:10 AM
So the entire nation of Australia fields the equivilant of only one US Army Infantry Division

No. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Army#Current_organisation)

zBoots
12-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes, you are.

Those were facts,That you cant handle it is not my problem.

Go away and study, will you? What you dont know would fill Kansas.

Why do you argue this point? I dont understand it. It is truth that your nation provides token support. At INVASION time there were 2,000 Aussie troops in Iraq and 1,000 in Afghanistan. Even then, when the world was behind us, your country did little more than token support.

Now, its barely that.

You should be pressing your government to join the fight on terrorists who killed your people instead of on this board pretending your token levels of support are more than they are. Numbers cannot be disputed. Your nation does little to support the war on terror, even at the height of furor.

At this time, the political climate has changed significantly than what it was at invasion time and of course Aussie has all but turned tail and run in Iraq, and there are only 300 aussie troops.

Yes, 300.
http://www.coalitionnumbers.com
And they are NOT combat forces.
Australia - About 350 total - Withdrew primary ground combat forces June 2008

* 110 personnel serving as part of a security detachment protecting the Australian embassy in Baghdad
* 110 personnel serving as part of a Force Level Logistical Asset
* About 110 personnel serving as liaison officers throughout Iraq
* A small number of personnel serving as part of a counter-IED force

So you cowarded away in Iraq, leaving the sum total of your 1K troops Afghanistan the extent of your countries commitment to the war on terror.
http://www.nato.int/isaf/docu/epub/pdf/isaf_placemat.pdf

Now, what was it you were saying again about facts?

wiegenlied
12-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Uhm zBoots, I think there is an agreement among nations to split out the roles of combating terrorism. There are different types of military alliances which usually are grouped based on the location. For example, NATO consists of North America and Europe, and basically it is focusing on mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party in North Atlantic region. I read the ISAF document you posted, and it is obvious that larger numbers of troops in Iraq and Afghan are deployed from the NA regions(US,UK,Canada,Germany,France,Italy,Poland and the Netherlands) because the war was initially triggered by WTC attack which happened in the US.

Because it is located in Pacific, Australia isnt a member of NATO but it is one of the major allies. It shared strategic intelligence and also collaborated in defense equipment, training, and the like. But Australia itself is a member of Five Power Defence Arrangements and ANZUS which are focusing in the event of external aggression of attack around the Pacific. There are several joint defense facilities in Australia too: the ground stations for early warning satellites and signals intelligence gathering in SE Asia and East Asia as as part of ECHELON network.

The Al-Qaeda is the mastermind of attack in Atlantic which caused casualties among Americans, and thats our main target. The Jemaah Islamiyah is its branch which operates in Pacific and caused casualties among Australians, and I believe the Aussies are currently doing something to capture them too.

Sonnabend
12-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Why do you argue this point? I dont understand it. It is truth that your nation provides token support. At INVASION time there were 2,000 Aussie troops in Iraq and 1,000 in Afghanistan. Even then, when the world was behind us, your country did little more than token support.

How little you know.

Allow me to illustrate yet again your ignorance.

Australian Air Force and Special Forces (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/22/1047749979253.html)

He said the Hornets were continuing to escort coalition planes, including airborne early warning aircraft and air-to-air refuellers above Iraq. General Cosgrove said they were currently flying 12 sorties a day.
"And while they have had some close encounters with enemy anti-aircraft artillery ... none of our aircraft have been hit and they've all completed their missions," he said.
Gen Cosgrove also said a contingent of SAS troopers had engaged in a firefight with Iraqi soldiers in a command post which they discovered deep inside Iraq.
He said the SAS soldiers had been on a recconaisance mission when they came across the concealed command and control post.

Australian Navy in Iraq (http://www.defence.gov.au/opex/global/opcatalyst/index.htm)

Operation CATALYST currently comprises approximately 980 ADF personnel. This includes some personnel that are assigned to support both Operation CATALYST and Operation SLIPPER.

More Navy involvement (http://www.navy.gov.au/Publication:Semaphore_-_Issue_12,_November_2008)

You should be pressing your government to join the fight on terrorists who killed your people instead of on this board pretending your token levels of support are more than they are. Numbers cannot be disputed. Your nation does little to support the war on terror, even at the height of furor.

Our government and its military and intel staffers do not need, or require, your input, nor mine, and I suggest that if you wish to "pressure" anyone, that you write to the Chief of the Army and other forces.

I actually would advise against it...as I understand the General has a very short fuse.

At this time, the political climate has changed significantly than what it was at invasion time and of course Aussie has all but turned tail and run in Iraq, and there are only 300 aussie troops.

Your imputation of cowardice is as disgusting as it is a blatant and vicious lie.

* 110 personnel serving as part of a security detachment protecting the Australian embassy in Baghdad
* 110 personnel serving as part of a Force Level Logistical Asset
* About 110 personnel serving as liaison officers throughout Iraq
* A small number of personnel serving as part of a counter-IED force

Thats ground staff. Your information is incomplete.

So you cowarded away in Iraq, leaving the sum total of your 1K troops Afghanistan the extent of your countries commitment to the war on terror.

Much of what we do is quiet, behind the scenes, and is involved in penetration, intelligence, interdiction and what we would call "preventive activity"

It is not publicised for about a dozen reasons. I will say this again.

There are many ways to fight a war, and big troop movements only means they know where you are. Our intel and spec ops units have more than likely ensured that a number of threats have been neutralised without our knowledge.

That is, after all, what we train them to do.

Sonnabend
12-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Now lets look at Afghanistan, shall we?

AUSTRALIAN and coalition forces have launched a major strike against Taliban insurgents in the violence-prone Baluchi Pass of Afghanistan's southern Oruzgan province. (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23726894-31477,00.html)

Australia has more than 1000 troops based in Oruzgan serving under a Dutch-led provincial reconstruction mission.The deployment includes a 600-strong Reconstruction Task Force and a 300-strong Special Forces Task Group, including members of the elite Special Air Service Regiment and 4th Battalion Commandos.About 200 other Australian troops are based in nearby Kandahar, the main city in southern Afghanistan
So thats close to 2000, plus the troops in Iraq on the ground, plus at least two thousand if not more in the Navy frigates and supply ships in the Gulf, plus the transport pilots in and out of Iraq, plus at least one submarine that has been deployed (no I dont know which ones, OPSEC being what it is).

That's getting close to 5000 so far..oh hey, look at this
Australian forces capture key Taliban leader (http://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-forces-capture-key-taliban-leader-20081006-4v2f.html)

AUSTRALIAN Special Forces have captured a Taliban leader in southern Afghanistan, two weeks after they suffered a major setback in a firefight that left a district governor and key coalition ally dead.

Mullah Saqi Dad, allegedly connected to the Taliban's second in command, was captured by Special Forces in an operation last Wednesday and has been handed over to Afghan authorities.

The Defence Department said he was behind a string of roadside and suicide bombings and kidnappings in Oruzgan province and had supplied bomb parts, landmines and gunpowder through the province.Diggers in marathon Taliban battle (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22492129-601,00.html?from=mostpop)

The four-hour firefight happened about eight kilometres north of Tarin Kowt in the Oruzgan province some time in the past week, defence said.

From the cover of an orchard, the Taliban fighters fired rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons at Australian soldiers helping to construct an Afghan police outpost.

Defence said the Taliban suffered heavy casualties in the attack, but would not release details. Australian operations in Afghanistan (http://www.globalcollab.org/Nautilus/australia/afghanistan/casualties-adf/#deaths)

Lastly, I give you this.

Lashed to vehicle in Afghanistan, wounded SAS soldier fought on (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24537160-5007133,00.html)

DESPITE being shot twice during an ambush in Afghanistan, an SAS soldier lashed himself to the front of his patrol vehicle so he wouldn't be left behind if he passed out from loss of blood and kept on fighting.

The Digger is expected to be recommended for a high level bravery award.

Suffering from serious upper body wounds, the soldier struggled on to the front of his SAS long range patrol vehicle (LRPV) and, under heavy fire, used a rope to attach himself firmly between the vehicle's bull bar and radiator.

Once he was secured, and there was no chance that he would fall off if he fainted, he picked up his rifle and resumed firing at the enemy during a two-hour fighting withdrawal.

SAS troops and their special forces comrades from the Commando Regiment are well aware of the slow and painful death that awaits them if they are captured by the Taliban.

The Digger, who cannot be identified, faded in and out of consciousness, emptying several magazines as volleys of enemy rounds and rocket propelled grenades, rained down around him.

He was finally evacuated from the battle field at high speed still lashed to the front of the LRPV.

A source told The Courier-Mail the Digger was now "up and about" and would recover fully from his serious gunshot wounds. His heroic deeds will be recognised when he is recommended for a high level bravery award.

Several others engaged in the do-or-die battle on September 2 are also in line for top honours.

Meanwhile, Australia has made an "honour payment" to the family of a slain Afghan leader to make amends with the residents of the Chora district. The army believes Australian soldiers may have shot Rozi Khan on September 18 but there has been no official finding.Our military is small, we are a nation of 21 million, not 300 million. Our budgets and strategies reflect that fact.

We are small, we are mobile, we can and do respond rapidly to any conflict..and once there, even small in number, we make the enemy wish to whatever God they believe in, that they had never tangled with us.

Lastly, as anyone would tell you, the key in anti terror operations is to have small teams that are highly mobile and can deploy and react quickly. Speed is essential.

I am proud of each and every one of them.

I defy you to deny any of the above, I deny and throw back in your face your baseless accusation of cowardice, and you, sir, owe me, and them an apology.

M21
12-03-2008, 04:02 AM
No. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Army#Current_organisation)

Yes that is what it is. Your country fields with boots on the ground a US Army Division sized maneuver element.

Sonnabend
12-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Lastly, lemme give you a tip. When you have a source inside a terror network giving you intel, when the information you are getting allows you to crush a possible terror strike..the less people who know, the better.

We specialise in that...as your own troops and command staff are all too aware. Many threats against the US emanate from this sphere, from the birthing grounds of jihadis and wahabis in Asian countries.

Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore (yep), Papua New Guinea....we know them all and work with them..and they with us.

The war on terror is as much about knowing how and when your enemy will attack, as it does with big displays of military strength. The arrest of the jihadi responsible for several terror bombings was grabbed by Australian intel ops at night..and he was then handed over to the US for "debriefing".

His friends didn't like that, and tried to intervene. Bad idea. The Filipinos have those little charmers now....they wont see daylight for..I don't know...forty years, maybe more.

And here (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/IC14Ae01.html)

According to Western and regional intelligence officials, JI's motivating ambition is to create a regional Muslim caliphate encompassing territories in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Australia and the Philippines.

The group reportedly has four main operational divisions scattered across the region: Mantiqi I, which covers peninsular Malaysia and Singapore; Mantiqi II, based in Central Java, which covers Java, Sumatra, and most of eastern Indonesia; Mantiqi III, which encompasses Sabah, East Kalimantan and Sulawesi; and Mantiqi IV, which includes territories in Papua and Australia. The locals help us out, because they hate them as much as we do. We're neighbours, we work together. A lot of these mummy's little darlings would like nothing better to kill Americans..we make sure they never get the chance.

Please, don't thank us..its the least we can do to ensure your scrawny, ungrateful little ass is safe.

wiegenlied
12-03-2008, 06:00 AM
Please, dont thank us..its the least we can do to ensure your scrawny, ungrateful little ass is safe.

:eek: :D (10 characters sorry)

Odysseus
12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Now, what was it you were saying again about facts?

That's 3,000 troops out of an active army end strength of less than 26,000, or more than 10% of their active forces, and a far higher percentage of their deployable forces. By way of comparison, the US Army end strength, including reserve components, is 1,067,000, of whom about 150,000 are mobilized reservists and 512,400 are active component. The total active duty capability of the army is therefore about 670,000, of whom, at any given time, we have about 200,000 deployed globally, including Afghanistan and Iraq. That's about 30%, which is a much higher percentage, but keep in mind that Australia wasn't obligated to send any personnel.

Also, don't disparage non-combat arms troops. The Australians were the largest contingent at the hospital at LSA Anaconda and put in tremendous work keeping wounded Americans, Iraqis and even insurgents alive. Anyone who has anything bad to say about them better not say it around me.

zBoots
12-03-2008, 10:40 AM
That's 3,000 troops out of an active army end strength of less than 26,000, or more than 10% of their active forces, and a far higher percentage of their deployable forces. By way of comparison, the US Army end strength, including reserve components, is 1,067,000, of whom about 150,000 are mobilized reservists and 512,400 are active component. The total active duty capability of the army is therefore about 670,000, of whom, at any given time, we have about 200,000 deployed globally, including Afghanistan and Iraq. That's about 30%, which is a much higher percentage, but keep in mind that Australia wasn't obligated to send any personnel.

Also, don't disparage non-combat arms troops. The Australians were the largest contingent at the hospital at LSA Anaconda and put in tremendous work keeping wounded Americans, Iraqis and even insurgents alive. Anyone who has anything bad to say about them better not say it around me.

I'm not disparaging them and he should be proud of his troops, but the fact is Australia provides token support to the war on terror. They do have a few accomplishments of which to be proud and certainly a few have given the supreme sacrifice, and for that they are honored. Sonna defends his countries low levels of participation, and that is fine. It is likely their whole population is satisfied with the low levels of commitment; hence their continued low level commitment and continud strategic withdrawal.

In a world where any type of support is woefully inadequate, it can be argued that any type of support, no matter how low, should be appreciated, and to that extent it is. Austrialia and bumfucksassson and some other countries provide a few hundred of this or that, hey thanks! Of course, they could all leave tomorrow, and it would mean little.

However, all that said, the numbers speak for themselves. Australia has chosen on their own as a nation to maintain a very low level low key military and provide a very low level support to the war on terror.

The fact is, the extent of their entire commitment as a modern industrial country is about what the average local community in the US commits with their local national guard unit.

I use the term token to describe that level.

Nothing posted, including your post, has refuted that, only bolstered it.

They have few troops and even fewer commited.

Odysseus
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm not disparaging them and he should be proud of his troops, but the fact is Australia provides token support to the war on terror. They do have a few accomplishments of which to be proud and certainly a few have given the supreme sacrifice, and for that they are honored. Sonna defends his countries low levels of participation, and that is fine. It is likely their whole population is satisfied with the low levels of commitment; hence their continued low level commitment and continud strategic withdrawal.
The fact is, the extent of their entire commitment as a modern industrial country is about what the average local community in the US commits with their local national guard unit.
I use the term token to describe that level.
Nothing posted, including your post, has refuted that, only bolstered it.
They have few troops and even fewer commited.

Australia only has about 21 million people, but they sustain an active force of 26,000, out of a total defense force of about 70,000, reserves included, and last year, they had over 3,700 deployed globally. The US population is just over 300 million, and our active army, including mobilized reserves, is 670,000 out of a total armed force, including reserves, of about 2.2 million. Let's do the math, shall we? Australia maintains about .0033% of it's population under arms, vs. America's .0073%. Yeah, that's a little less than half per person, but Australia has never taken on the global responsibilities of the US, and they've certainly never been the primary target of a Cold War. As for defense expenditures as a percentage of GDP, of all of our allies, Australia ranks second at 2.4%, with only Israel spending more at 7.4% (France spends more than Australia, but considering them an ally is like considering the wind an ally). You can stop disparaging their commitments any time.

Zathras
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm not disparaging ...

Yes you are and anything you say to the contrary is pure and utter bullshit. As for the rest of your lame excuse of a post, take it and shove it next to where you keep your head, where the sun doesn't shine.

Odysseus
12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes you are and anything you say to the contrary is pure and utter bullshit. As for the rest of your lame excuse of a post, take it and shove it next to where you keep your head, where the sun doesn't shine.

Agreed.

What too many people don't realize is that this isn't just America's war. The Jihadis who attacked Mumbai targetted Americans, but they also went after Brits, Hindus and especially Jews, going out of their way to find an extremely remote, non-descript building in the middle of the city in order to engage the latter (and, BTW, in the 3,000+ years of Jewish presence in India, this is the first ever attack that singled out Jews as a target there, although from the BBC coverage, you'd never know that Jews were a specified target). That list should give anyone an idea of who our allies are, namely Britain (and the rest of the Anglosphere), India, Israel and any other nation with a Christian, Jewish, Hindu or Buddhist majority that doesn't want to accept dhimmi status.

zBoots
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Australia only has about 21 million people, but they sustain an active force of 26,000, out of a total defense force of about 70,000, reserves included, and last year, they had over 3,700 deployed globally. The US population is just over 300 million, and our active army, including mobilized reserves, is 670,000 out of a total armed force, including reserves, of about 2.2 million. Let's do the math, shall we? Australia maintains about .0033% of it's population under arms, vs. America's .0073%. Yeah, that's a little less than half per person, but Australia has never taken on the global responsibilities of the US, and they've certainly never been the primary target of a Cold War. As for defense expenditures as a percentage of GDP, of all of our allies, Australia ranks second at 2.4%, with only Israel spending more at 7.4% (France spends more than Australia, but considering them an ally is like considering the wind an ally). You can stop disparaging their commitments any time.

I'll concede the point that Australia is very likely doing the absolute best that they could possibly muster in this Global War on Terror to combat terrorism, in which they are at times, the target.

Sonnabend
12-04-2008, 02:49 AM
And you, sir, may now apologise to both myself and to Australia's military, none of whom "cowarded" out of anything.

Sonnabend
12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
*sigh*

Z...bear in mind that one of our specialties has always been jungle warfare . In that same mentality, we work behind the scenes, military strength means very little if you don't know where your target is or who he is..and that is a lot of what we do.

I find it amusing (and no this is not a dig at you, ZBoots :)) that people think that there isn't much being done because they don't hear about it much...without thinking that these people dont take curtain calls and they dont publicise their victories...in this situation, to a very great extent, it is better we dont know.

Their job is to make sure we go on with our lives, business as usual...and never know just how close we were.

Many of them are still under cover, or still in covert ops, we know we will never see their faces, and they know they will never receive public accolades for their work.

But they knew that when they signed on.

Z..sometimes, you don't need a battalion of tanks..or a squadron of bombers...or an armoured division.One or two men, an ally who speaks the language and has local knowledge...ten seconds of action ...and Abu Bin BumFuck wakes up with an American interrogator smiling down on him.

Strength of arms means little or nothing unless you know how, where, when and why the necessary force has to be applied. And that, I am proud to say, is often where we do our best work.

Information...intelligence....names and dates and places.

These too are weapons.

zBoots
12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
And you, sir, may now apologise to both myself and to Australia's military, none of whom "cowarded" out of anything.Your military did not coward out of Iraq. Militaries are not in charge of such things. Your nation, specifically your weak kneed politicians, likely responding to public pressure, has most certainly cowarded out of Iraq.

Youre not going to try to dispute this by pretending your 300 non combat troops and their uber secret 007 missions represent some current significant contribution are you?

Odysseus
12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I'll concede the point that Australia is very likely doing the absolute best that they could possibly muster in this Global War on Terror to combat terrorism, in which they are at times, the target.
We're all targets. If you are a Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, or even the right kind of Moslem, you're a target. However, among the target states, Australia has been one of the few to recognize the shared danger and step up.

*sigh*
Information...intelligence....names and dates and places.
These too are weapons.
Exactly. This is why Israel is so critical to the GWOT. Mossad and Shin Bet have a sixty year head start on us at dealing with the jihadis.

Your military did not coward out of Iraq. Militaries are not in charge of such things. Your nation, specifically your weak kneed politicians, likely responding to public pressure, has most certainly cowarded out of Iraq.

Youre not going to try to dispute this by pretending your 300 non combat troops and their uber secret 007 missions represent some current significant contribution are you?
I assume that you are not counting former PM Howard in that characterization?

zBoots
12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
We're all targets. If you are a Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, or even the right kind of Moslem, you're a target. However, among the target states, Australia has been one of the few to recognize the shared danger and step up.

Exactly. This is why Israel is so critical to the GWOT. Mossad and Shin Bet have a sixty year head start on us at dealing with the jihadis.

I assume that you are not counting former PM Howard in that characterization?

There are 300 aussies in Iraq. I think it is painfully obvious they have turned tail and Australia has all but abandoned it's ally there, leaving the American troops to go at it alone. There will be those who give them a free pass, and those that do not. It is beyond me why people want to pretend aussie is still supporting this, when they are back in Australia figuring out cool ways to fold a hat. They are not in Iraq.

Why is it we are pretending aussie hasnt turned tail in Iraq when they are gone? I missed that memo. Sonna is pretending because he is australian and its important to him to try to save face,so he goes on and on about this secret stuff thats not in the press and lists out a few missions and what not. Tell me why we as Americans are pretending Aussie is still in iraq when they are gone and hell, if its a good enough reason, I'll pretend they are still fighting.

Odysseus
12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
There are 300 aussies in Iraq. I think it is painfully obvious they have turned tail and Australia has all but abandoned it's ally there, leaving the American troops to go at it alone. There will be those who give them a free pass, and those that do not. It is beyond me why people want to pretend aussie is still supporting this, when they are back in Australia figuring out cool ways to fold a hat. They are not in Iraq.

Why is it we are pretending aussie hasnt turned tail in Iraq when they are gone? I missed that memo. Sonna is pretending because he is australian and its important to him to try to save face,so he goes on and on about this secret stuff thats not in the press and lists out a few missions and what not. Tell me why we as Americans are pretending Aussie is still in iraq when they are gone and hell, if its a good enough reason, I'll pretend they are still fighting.
I'm not pretending anything. I was in Iraq less than three months ago on TDY and I personally saw the Australian contingent working its collective ass off at Ali Al Saleem in Kuwait. They are supporting us in Iraq, Kuwait (which is critical, since it's the gateway for all of our logistics and personnel in Iraq) and Afghanistan, in addition to operations that they are running on their own in support of GWOT. They have a total of 3,700 deployed personnel outside of Australia, even under a liberal government, and that will continue for the foreseeable future. In addition, the events in Mumbai lend urgency to Australian security concerns, and we will probably see an expansion of Australian commitments to GWOT in the near future as a result.
Why are you so obsessed with trashing them?

Sonnabend
12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
You are beneath contempt and I have nothing further to say to you.

wiegenlied
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I don’t think that it is proper to call australians “weak kneed politicians.” Preventing terrorist attacks on Australian interests overseas is a high priority of the Australian government. Terrorists dont really care what nationalities you are but insofar as you are white and successful most probably they are going to bomb you. There was no more staunch supporter for Bush than PM Howard. He faced same pressures as Bush from the parliament more or less similar to what has happened in the congress over Bush policies and whether or not to take troops home. PM Howard really took a great risk upon his own government.

It is an undisputable fact that Australia is one of the staunchest supporters of the US-led military action in Iraq and has been one of America’s most steadfast allies for 75 years.

zBoots
12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm not pretending anything. I was in Iraq less than three months ago on TDY and I personally saw the Australian contingent working its collective ass off at Ali Al Saleem in Kuwait. They are supporting us in Iraq, Kuwait (which is critical, since it's the gateway for all of our logistics and personnel in Iraq) and Afghanistan, in addition to operations that they are running on their own in support of GWOT. They have a total of 3,700 deployed personnel outside of Australia, even under a liberal government, and that will continue for the foreseeable future. In addition, the events in Mumbai lend urgency to Australian security concerns, and we will probably see an expansion of Australian commitments to GWOT in the near future as a result.
Why are you so obsessed with trashing them?

I'm not obsessed with thrashing them, although I can see how it would seem that way. I am simply responding to some posts made to me. I didnt think it would be so heartily refuted when the numbers and realities are so obvious and handily available and irrefutable, but I was incorrect. Many want to push one thing as if it was another thing. I'm fine to let this go, this subject means nothing to me. The numbers are there to read and they do not lie.

zBoots
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I don’t think that it is proper to call australians “weak kneed politicians.” Preventing terrorist attacks on Australian interests overseas is a high priority of the Australian government. Terrorists dont really care what nationalities you are but insofar as you are white and successful most probably they are going to bomb you. There was no more staunch supporter for Bush than PM Howard. He faced same pressures as Bush from the parliament more or less similar to what has happened in the congress over Bush policies and whether or not to take troops home. PM Howard really took a great risk upon his own government.

It is an undisputable fact that Australia is one of the staunchest supporters of the US-led military action in Iraq and has been one of America’s most steadfast allies for 75 years.

And he paid the price for supporting the US and the aussies turned tail after his loss. I think that subject is taboo though. I think we are supposed to pretend howard and the aussies are still in Iraq at some level other than the lowest token level. Who knows, weak kneed obama may do the same thing to our military.

wiegenlied
12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
And he paid the price for supporting the US and the aussies turned tail after his loss. I think that subject is taboo though. I think we are supposed to pretend howard and the aussies are still in Iraq at some level other than the lowest token level. Who knows, weak kneed obama may do the same thing to our military.

I would say that there are lefties on the other part of the world but there are like-minded conservatives out of there too who fight for the same ideals as we do. I would say it isnt a good idea to turn allies into enemies right now. Somewhere out there the terrorists are preparing for next attacks and we are working together with the allies to combat them.

zBoots
12-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I would say that there are lefties on the other part of the world but there are like-minded conservatives out of there too who fight for the same ideals as we do. I would say it isnt a good idea to turn allies into enemies right now. Somewhere out there the terrorists are preparing for next attacks and we are working together with the allies to combat them.
Um, you dont honestly think chat on a message board would actually affect a government decision in Australia do you? Is this board that powerful? If so, I would like it known that I need about a billion in bail out money deposited into my account and I promise not to say another word about Australia. thanks.

Christopher
12-06-2008, 08:44 PM

It is just a matter of time. I recently put this together.

Mumbai, Coming to a Town Near you

As the world watches the horrors of the Islamic terrorist attacks in Mumbai India, other Islamists are training to carry out the same kind of operation and it could easily happen here in America, Canada, or Europe.

Most recently in March of this year, about 20 male Muslims were seen shooting handguns, assault rifles and a sniper rifle off of a dirt road in Phoenix. Some left before the police arrived, but six were arrested and charged with felony weapons charges. It is said that they fired off between 500 to 1,000 rounds. Those captured claimed that it was all just for fun.

For the rest....

http://islaminaction08.blogspot.com/2008/11/mumbai-coming-to-town-near-you.html

Odysseus
12-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Um, you dont honestly think chat on a message board would actually affect a government decision in Australia do you? Is this board that powerful? If so, I would like it known that I need about a billion in bail out money deposited into my account and I promise not to say another word about Australia. thanks.
True, we don't have the power that Daily Kos does (perhaps we should engage in fundraising?), but that doesn't mean that what we say here doesn't resonate somewhere. You can never tell, and besides, you're still trashing an ally. Leave that to DU.

It is just a matter of time. I recently put this together.

Mumbai, Coming to a Town Near you

As the world watches the horrors of the Islamic terrorist attacks in Mumbai India, other Islamists are training to carry out the same kind of operation and it could easily happen here in America, Canada, or Europe.

Most recently in March of this year, about 20 male Muslims were seen shooting handguns, assault rifles and a sniper rifle off of a dirt road in Phoenix. Some left before the police arrived, but six were arrested and charged with felony weapons charges. It is said that they fired off between 500 to 1,000 rounds. Those captured claimed that it was all just for fun.

For the rest....

http://islaminaction08.blogspot.com/2008/11/mumbai-coming-to-town-near-you.html

There was a group that had planned to pull a similar attack at FT Dix, NJ, a couple of years ago, but they were caught when they made the mistake of taking their training video tapes to a store for DVD conversion. The clerk watched the videos of them shooting and announcing "Allah Akbar" and called the FBI. We've been very lucky, mostly because we've been very vigilant, but sooner or later, that luck will run out, probably just after our vigilance does.