PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Poised To Decriminalize Meth, Cocaine And Heroin

Banacek
07-09-2017, 03:10 PM
The Oregon legislature passed two bills Thursday decriminalizing small amounts of six hard drugs, including cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and ecstasy.

The first of the two bills now headed to the governor’s desk, HB 2355, decriminalizes possession of the drugs so long as the offender has neither a felony nor more than two prior drug convictions on record, according to the Lund Report. The second, HB 3078, reduces drug-related property crimes from felonies to misdemeanors.

Republican State Sen. Jackie Winters claimed the war on drugs as it currently exists amounts to “institutional racism” due to how more frequently minorities are charged with drug crimes than whites

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/07/oregon-poised-to-decriminalize-meth-cocaine-and-heroin/

noonwitch
07-10-2017, 09:41 AM
How big of a problem are these drugs in Oregon?

A lot of people would say that cocaine has destroyed our inner cities, that meth has devastated a lot of rural communities and heroin is killing kids in the suburbs.

In Michigan, my county, Macomb, has the highest rate of opiate abuse in the state. My county is mostly middle-class Detroit suburbs. The poorest areas are probably where I live (southern Warren) and parts of Mt. Clemens. Neither of these areas even come close to the poverty that is in Detroit or Pontiac.

One of my church friends is a PO in drug court in Macomb CO. They have a new program that if an addict calls the police on him or herself, and gives their stash to the cops, the cops will call my friend and make sure they get to rehab, with no criminal charges. That's how desperate they are to prevent overdoses.

In Oakland CO, next door, there is a spot where Woodward AVE has a bridge over 8 Mile RD, the diving line between Detroit/Wayne CO and Ferndale/Oakland CO. There are all these white people who are always begging under the bridge, at the intersection. They are all young, too. They've been kicked out their parents' homes in Oakland CO for being junkies. Some of them are probably graduates of the foster care system. It's one of the saddest things you will ever see. There's not just begging there, it's a high prostitution area.